The Central Role of Home Prices in the Current Financial Crisis: How Will the Market Clear?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karl Case & John Quigley, 2008.
"How Housing Booms Unwind: Income Effects, Wealth Effects, and Feedbacks through Financial Markets,"
International Journal of Housing Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 161-180.
- Karl Case & John Quigley, 2008. "How Housing Booms Unwind: Income Effects, Wealth Effects, and Feedbacks through Financial Markets," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 161-180.
- Case, Karl E. & Quigley, John M., 2008. "How Housing Booms Unwind: Income Effects, Wealth Effects, and Feedbacks Through Financial Markets," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt1j05j7t5, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Alan Greenspan & James E. Kennedy, 2005. "Estimates of home mortgage originations, repayments, and debt on one-to-four-family residences," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Morris A. Davis, 2010.
"housing and the business cycle,"
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2001. "Housing and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 01-09, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "Housing and the business cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jonathan Heathcote, 2003. "Housing and the Business Cycle," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-21, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987.
"Prices of single-family homes since 1970: new indexes for four cities,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 45-56.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," NBER Working Papers 2393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 851, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Gyourko, Joseph & Saiz, Albert, 2008.
"Housing supply and housing bubbles,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 198-217, September.
- Glaeser, Edward & Saiz, Albert & Gyourko, Joseph, 2008. "Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles," Scholarly Articles 2962640, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Albert Saiz, 2008. "Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles," NBER Working Papers 14193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davis, Morris A. & Palumbo, Michael G., 2008.
"The price of residential land in large US cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 352-384, January.
- Morris A. Davis & Michael G. Palumbo, 2006. "The price of residential land in large U.S. cities," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitrios Gounopoulos & Andreas G. Merikas & Anna A. Merika & Anna Triantafyllou, 2012. "Explaining house price changes in Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(7), pages 549-561, April.
- Huang, MeiChi, 2014. "Bubble-like housing boom–bust cycles: Evidence from the predictive power of households’ expectations," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 2-16.
- MeiChi Huang & LinYing Yeh, 2015. "Should the Fed take extra action for the recent housing bubble? Evidence from asymmetric transitory shocks," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(4), pages 762-781, October.
- Alessandro Notarpietro & Stefano Siviero, 2015.
"Optimal Monetary Policy Rules and House Prices: The Role of Financial Frictions,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(S1), pages 383-410, March.
- Alessandro Notarpietro & Stefano Siviero, 2014. "Optimal monetary policy rules and house prices: the role of financial frictions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 993, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:55:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11146-016-9571-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:57:y:2012:i:02:n:s0217590812500075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chevallier, Julien, 2012. "Global imbalances, cross-market linkages, and the financial crisis: A multivariate Markov-switching analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 943-973.
- MeiChi Huang & Tzu-Chien Wang, 2015. "Housing-bubble vulnerability and diversification opportunities during housing boom–bust cycles: evidence from decomposition of asset price returns," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(2), pages 605-637, March.
More about this item
Keywordsmacroeconomics; financial crisis; subprime; house; home; market; household;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:39:y:2008:i:2008-02:p:161-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.