Can nudges affect students' green behaviour? A field experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2004.
"Save More Tomorrow (TM): Using Behavioral Economics to Increase Employee Saving,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 164-187, February.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard Thaler, 2004. "Save more tomorrow: Using behavioral economics to increase employee saving," Natural Field Experiments 00337, The Field Experiments Website.
- Cass R. Sunstein & Richard H. Thaler, 2003. "Libertarian paternalism is not an oxymoron," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 48(Jun).
- Richard H. Thaler & Cass R. Sunstein, 2003. "Libertarian Paternalism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 175-179, May.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Social norms and energy conservation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9-10), pages 1082-1095, October.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Social norms and energy conservation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9), pages 1082-1095.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2001.
"The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1149-1187.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2000. "The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior," NBER Working Papers 7682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Noah J. Goldstein & Robert B. Cialdini & Vladas Griskevicius, 2008. "A Room with a Viewpoint: Using Social Norms to Motivate Environmental Conservation in Hotels," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 472-482, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayoubi, Charles & Thurm, Boris, 2020. "Pro-environmental behavior and morality: An economic model with heterogeneous preferences," OSF Preprints w8afg, Center for Open Science.
- Angela Yi Jing Tsai & Alex Yong Kwang Tan, 2022. "Analysis of Undergraduates’ Environmentally Friendly Behavior: Case Study of Tzu Chi University Environmental Education Program," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(13), pages 1-17, July.
- Grilli, Gianluca & Curtis, John, 2021.
"Encouraging pro-environmental behaviours: A review of methods and approaches,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Grilli, Gianluca & Curtis, John, 2019. "Encouraging pro-environmental behaviours: a review of methods and approaches," Papers WP645, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Fenzl, Thomas & Brudermann, Thomas, 2021. "Eye cues increase cooperation in the dictator game under physical attendance of a recipient, but not for all," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Beshears, John & Kosowsky, Harry, 2020. "Nudging: Progress to date and future directions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 161(S), pages 3-19.
- Rachel Croson & Nicolas Treich, 2014. "Behavioral Environmental Economics: Promises and Challenges," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(3), pages 335-351, July.
- Egebark, Johan & Ekström, Mathias, 2016.
"Can indifference make the world greener?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-13.
- Egebark, Johan & Ekström, Mathias, 2013. "Can Indifference Make the World Greener?," Research Papers in Economics 2013:12, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Egebark, Johan & Ekström, Mathias, 2013. "Can Indifference Make the World Greener?," Working Paper Series 975, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Allcott, Hunt & Rogers, Todd, 2012. "How Long Do Treatment Effects Last? Persistence and Durability of a Descriptive Norms Intervention's Effect on Energy Conservation," Working Paper Series rwp12-045, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Damgaard, Mette Trier & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2018.
"Nudging in education,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 313-342.
- Mette Trier Damgaard & Helena Skyt Nielsen, 2017. "Nudging in education," Economics Working Papers 2017-05, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Damgaard, Mette Trier & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2018. "Nudging in Education," IZA Discussion Papers 11454, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frederiks, Elisha R. & Stenner, Karen & Hobman, Elizabeth V., 2015. "Household energy use: Applying behavioural economics to understand consumer decision-making and behaviour," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1385-1394.
- Ekström, Mathias, 2021. "The (un)compromise effect: How suggested alternatives can promote active choice," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Leonhard Lades & Federica Nova, 2022. "Ethical Considerations when using Behavioural Insights to Reduce Peoples Meat Consumption," Working Papers 202209, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Schubert, Christian, 2017.
"Green nudges: Do they work? Are they ethical?,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 329-342.
- Christian Schubert, 2016. "Green nudges: Do they work? Are they ethical?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201609, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Luca Congiu & Ivan Moscati, 2022. "A review of nudges: Definitions, justifications, effectiveness," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 188-213, February.
- Joseph,George & Ayling,Sophie Charlotte Emi & Miquel-Florensa,Pepita & Bejarano,Hernán D. & Cardona,Alejandra Quevedo, 2021.
"Behavioral Insights in Infrastructure Sectors : A Survey,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
9704, The World Bank.
- George Joseph & Sophie Ayling & Pepita Miquel-Florensa & Hernán D. Bejarano & Alejandra Quevedo Cardona, 2022. "Behavioral Insights in Infrastructure Sectors: A Survey," Working Papers 119, Red Nacional de Investigadores en Economía (RedNIE).
- Rosanna Nagtegaal & Lars Tummers & Mirko Noordegraaf & Victor Bekkers, 2019. "Nudging healthcare professionals towards evidence-based medicine: A systematic scoping review," Journal of Behavioral Public Administration, Center for Experimental and Behavioral Public Administration, vol. 2(2).
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Salustri, Francesco & Scaramozzino, Pasquale, 2020. "Nudging and corporate environmental responsibility: A natural field experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Ross Guest, 2010. "Policy Forum: Saving for Retirement: Policy Options to Increase Retirement Saving in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 43(3), pages 293-301, September.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2017. "Richard H. Thaler: Integrating Economics with Psychology," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2017-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Cristiano Codagnone & Giuseppe Alessandro Veltri & Francesco Bogliacino & Francisco Lupiáñez-Villanueva & George Gaskell & Andriy Ivchenko & Pietro Ortoleva & Francesco Mureddu, 2016.
"Labels as nudges? An experimental study of car eco-labels,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(3), pages 403-432, December.
- Codagnone, Cristiano & Veltri, Giuseppe Alessandro & Bogliacino, Francesco & Lupiáñez-Villanueva, Francisco & Gaskell, George & Ivchenko, Andriy & Ortoleva, Pietro & Mureddu, Francesco, 2016. "Labels as nudges? An experimental study of car eco-labels," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68683, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Cristiano Codagnone & Giuseppe Alessandro Veltri & Francisco Lupiáñez-Villanueva & George Gaskell & Andriy Ivchenko, 2016. "Labels as Nudges? An Experimental Study of Car Eco-labels," Documentos de Trabajo - Escuela de Economía 014330, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID.
- Beshears, John & Choi, James J. & Laibson, David & Madrian, Brigitte C., 2013.
"Simplification and saving,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 130-145.
- John Beshears & James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian, 2006. "Simplification and Saving," NBER Working Papers 12659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Beshears & James Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte Madrian, 2008. "Simplification and Saving," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2392, Yale School of Management.
- Beshears, John & Laibson, David I. & Madrian, Brigitte C. & Choi, James J., 2012. "Simplification and Saving," Scholarly Articles 9925399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nicolas Aubert & Thomas Rapp, 2010.
"Employee's investment behaviors in a company based savings plan,"
Finance, Presses universitaires de Grenoble, vol. 31(1), pages 5-32.
- Nicolas Aubert & Thomas Rapp, 2010. "Employees' investment behaviors in a company based savings plan," Post-Print halshs-00454018, HAL.
- Joshua Henkel & Georg Schwesinger, 2020. "Establishing Sustainable Consumption - How Future Policies Can Channel Consumer Preferences," Bremen Papers on Economics & Innovation 2007, University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics.
- Chakravarty, Sujoy & Mishra, Rajan, 2019. "Using social norms to reduce paper waste: Results from a field experiment in the Indian Information Technology sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
More about this item
Keywordsgreen behaviour; nudge; experiment; abehavioural change; policy;
All these keywords.
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:beh:jbepv1:v:2:y:2018:i:1:p:107-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sabeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SABE (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sabeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.