An Evaluation of Outlook Information for Australian Agricultural Commodities
This paper reviews the literature on the production, dissemination and use made of market outlook information for agricultural commodities. It focuses on the requirements and demand for market outlook information, the level of accuracy of information currently available, of future prospective gains in accuracy, some estimates of the value of outlook information, and government participation in the supply of outlook information.
Volume (Year): 46 (1978)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, A W & Smith, R L, 1976. "A Model of the Australian Farm Sector: A Progress Report," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(140), pages 462-82, December.
- Dillon, John L., 1971. "An Expository Review of Bernoullian Decision Theory in Agriculture: Is Utility Futility?," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(01), March.
- Derek R. Byerlee & Jock R. Anderson, 1969.
"Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(2), pages 118-127, December.
- Byerlee, Derek R. & Anderson, Jock R., 1969. "Value Of Predictors Of Uncontrolled Factors In Response Functions," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 13(02), December.
- Freebairn, John W., 1975. "Forecasting For Australian Agriculture," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 19(03), December.
- Freebairn, J W, 1976. "The Value and Distribution of the Benefits of Commodity Price Outlook Information," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(138), pages 199-212, June.
- Jonson, P D & Mahoney, D M, 1973. "Price Expectations in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 49(125), pages 50-61, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:10307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.