Do Trading Partners Matter for Labour Market Inequality? The Malaysian Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Been-Lon & Hsu, Mei, 2001. "Time-Series Wage Differential in Taiwan: The Role of International Trade," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 336-354, June.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- repec:taf:rjapxx:v:8:y:2003:i:2:p:229-250 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Milner & Verena Tandrayen, 2007. "The Impact of Exporting and Export Destination on Manufacturing Wages: Evidence for Sub-Saharan Africa," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 13-30, February.
- Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"What explains skill upgrading in less developed countries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 311-328, August.
- Nina Pavcnik, 2000. "What Explains Skill Upgrading in Less Developed Countries?," NBER Working Papers 7846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Ando, Mitsuyo, 2003. "Fragmentation and agglomeration matter: Japanese multinationals in Latin America and East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 287-317, December.
- Hansson, Par, 2000.
"Relative Demand for Skills in Swedish Manufacturing: Technology or Trade?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 533-555, August.
- Hansson, Pär, 1999. "Relative Demand for Skills in Swedish Manufacturing: Technology or Trade?," Working Paper Series 152, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 1998.
"Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from Seven OECD Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1215-1244.
- Machin, S. & Van Reenen, J., 1997. "Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from Seven OECD Countries," Papers 24, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 1998. "Technology and changes in skill structure: evidence from seven OECD countries," IFS Working Papers W98/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1999. "Outward Orientation and Economic Development in Malaysia," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(8), pages 1119-1139, November.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Khalid Sekkat & Mathias Dewatripont & André Sapir, 1999.
"Labor market effects of trade with LDC's in Europe,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/7378, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 1999. "Labour market effects of trade with LDCs in Europe," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8158, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Anderton & Paul Brenton & Eva Oscarsson, 2002. "What’s trade got to do with it? Relative demand for skills within Swedish manufacturing," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(4), pages 629-651, December.
- Branko Milanovic, 2006. "Inequality and Determinants of Earnings in Malaysia, 1984-1997 ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 191-216, June.
- Balassa, Bela, 1986. "The employment effects of trade in manufactured products between developed and developing countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 371-390.
- Robert Z. Lawrence & Carolyn L. Evans, 1996. "Trade and Wages: Insights from the Crystal Ball," NBER Working Papers 5633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsbilateral trade flows; skill inequality; wage inequality; International Relations/Trade; Labor and Human Capital; J23; F16;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:reapec:50161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://www.lincoln.ac.nz/story11874.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.