Fruit And Vegetable Supply-Chain Management, Innovations, And Competitiveness: Cooperative Regional Research Project S-222
As price increases have become largely infeasible, large retail concerns are pursuing profits through greater efficiencies in the distribution system and from suppliers. The pressures of Supply-Chain Management in the fruit and vegetable industry indeed have reached the producer/shipper level. This process is accentuated as the global economy continues its rapid evolution while upward pressures on costs are just as compelling in the form of new environmental and food safety laws. The purpose of Cooperative Regional Research Project S-222 is to provide knowledge that will lead to improved production and marketing efficiencies, improved market access strategies, better risk management strategies, and improved producer and consumer well-being.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricks, Donald J. & Woods, Timothy A., 1996. "Strategic Planning For Improved Competitiveness By Regional Commodity Industries," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 27(1), February.
- Jordan, Kenrick H. & VanSickle, John J., 1995. "Integration And Behavior In The U.S. Winter Market For Fresh Tomatoes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Taylor, Timothy G. & Melendez, Martha & Fairchild, Gary F., 1995. "Preferential Trading Arrangements In The Western Hemisphere," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(2), September.
- Neal H. Hooker & Julie A. Caswell, 1996. "Trends in food quality regulation: Implications for processed food trade and foreign direct investment," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 411-419.
- Julie A. Caswell & Neal H. Hooker, 1996. "HACCP as an International Trade Standard," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 775-779.
- Marin, L.R. & Epperson, James E. & Ames, Glenn C.W., 1998. "A Profile Of Firms Engaged In Fruit And Vegetable Trade Between The United States And Latin America," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 29(1), February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlofdr:27221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.