Local water markets for irrigation in southern Spain: A multicriteria approach
Spanish authorities have recently approved a new legislative framework for the creation of local water markets to improve allocative efficiency for this scarce resource. This paper analyses the potential impacts of the policy. A utility function for three groups of farmers was elicited, using a method that does not require interaction with the decision‐makers. Utility was measured as a function of the first two moments of the distribution of total gross margin. The utility functions were then used to simulate farmers' responses to changes in the price of water.
Volume (Year): 46 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.infoEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K.B. Hamal & Jock R. Anderson, 1982.
"A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(3), pages 220-225, December.
- Hamal, K.B. & Anderson, Jock R., 1982. "A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(03), December.
- Qureshi, M. E. & Harrison, S. R. & Wegener, M. K., 1999. "Validation of multicriteria analysis models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 105-116, November.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Barry T. Coyle, 1999. "Risk Aversion and Yield Uncertainty in Duality Models of Production: A Mean-Variance Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 553-567.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Hatch, Roy E. & Harman, Wyatte L. & Eidman, Vernon R., 1974. "Incorporating Multiple Goals Into The Decision-Making Process: A Simulation Approach To Firm Growth Analysis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 6(01), July.
- Becker, Nir, 1995.
"Value of moving from central planning to a market system: lessons from the Israeli water sector,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(1), April.
- Becker, Nir, 1995. "Value of moving from central planning to a market system: lessons from the Israeli water sector," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 11-21, April.
- Booker J. F. & Young R. A., 1994. "Modeling Intrastate and Interstate Markets for Colorado River Water Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 66-87, January.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1973. "The Design of Mechanisms for Resource Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 1-30, May.
- Fisher Anthony & Fullerton David & Hatch Nile & Reinelt Peter, 1995. "Alternatives for Managing Drought: A Comparative Cost Analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 304-320, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aareaj:118068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.