Chipping Away at the Glass Ceiling: Gender Spillovers in Corporate Leadership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Avery & Susan Athey & Peter Zemsky, 2000. "Mentoring and Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 765-786, September.
- Marianne Bertrand & Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 2010.
"Dynamics of the Gender Gap for Young Professionals in the Financial and Corporate Sectors,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 228-255, July.
- Goldin, Claudia D. & Bertrand, Marianne & Katz, Lawrence F., 2010. "Dynamics of the Gender Gap for Young Professionals in the Financial and Corporate Sectors," Scholarly Articles 8810041, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David A. Matsa & Amalia R. Miller, 2013. "A Female Style in Corporate Leadership? Evidence from Quotas," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 136-169, July.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "Gender Differences in Pay," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 75-99, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul M. Guest, 2016. "Executive Mobility and Minority Status," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 604-631, October.
- Morikawa, Masayuki, 2016. "What types of companies have female directors? Evidence from Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 37, pages 1-7.
- Levi, Maurice & Li, Kai & Zhang, Feng, 2014. "Director gender and mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 185-200.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:12:y:2014:i:2:p:19116215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vera Rocha & Mirjam van Praag, 2016.
"How do Entrepreneurial Bosses influence their Employees' Future Entrepreneurship Choices?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
16-110/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rocha, Vera & van Praag, Mirjam, 2016. "How do entrepreneurial bosses influence their employees' future entrepreneurship choices?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Amalia R. Miller & Carmit Segal, 2014. "Do female officers improve law enforcement quality? Effects on crime reporting and domestic violence escalation," UBSCENTER - Working Papers 009, UBS International Center of Economics in Society - Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Chen, Jie & Leung, Woon Sau & Goergen, Marc, 2017. "The impact of board gender composition on dividend payouts," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 86-105.
- Astrid Kunze & Amalia R. Miller, 2014.
"Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies,"
NBER Working Papers
20761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kunze, Astrid & Miller, Amalia R., 2015. "Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 14/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Kunze, Astrid & Miller, Amalia, 2014. "Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies," IZA Discussion Papers 8725, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Jakub Mazurek, 2017. "All on board? New evidence on board gender diversity from a large panel of firms," GRAPE Working Papers 5, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Geiler, Philipp & Renneboog, Luc, 2015. "Are female top managers really paid less?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 345-369.
- Nina Smith, 2014. "Quota Regulations of Gender Composition on Boards of Directors," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(2), pages 42-48, 07.
- Lam, Kevin C.K. & McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo, 2013. "CEO gender, executive compensation and firm performance in Chinese‐listed enterprises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1136-1159.
- Périlleux, Anaïs & Szafarz, Ariane, 2015.
"Women Leaders and Social Performance: Evidence from Financial Cooperatives in Senegal,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 437-452.
- Anaïs A Périlleux & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Women Leaders and Social Performance: Evidence from Financial Cooperatives in Senegal," Working Papers CEB 15-022, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mohan, Nancy, 2014. "A review of the gender effect on pay, corporate performance and entry into top management," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 41-51.
- Scott Abrahams & Luca Flabbi & Claudia Piras, 2016. "Female Corporate Leadership in Latin America and the Caribbean Region: Representation and Firm-Level Outcomes," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7386, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Asiedu, Edward & Ibanez, Marcela, 2014. "The weaker sex? Gender differences in punishment across Matrilineal and Patriarchal Societies," Discussion Papers 165743, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Masayuki Morikawa, 2014. "What Types of Companies Have Female and Foreign Directors?," AJRC Working Papers 1404, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Joni Hersch, 2013. "Opting out among women with elite education," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 469-506, December.
- Masayuki Morikawa, 2014.
"What Types of Company Have Female and Foreign Directors?,"
CAMA Working Papers
2014-47, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2014. "What Types of Company Have Female and Foreign Directors?," Discussion papers 14032, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Tate, Geoffrey & Yang, Liu, 2015. "Female leadership and gender equity: Evidence from plant closure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 77-97.
- Pipke, David & Pönitzsch, Gert, 2015. "Effekte der Frauenquote in Aufsichtsräten: Ein Ausblick für Deutschland," Kiel Policy Brief 93, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Aleksandra Gregorič & Lars Oxelheim & Trond Randøy & Steen Thomsen, 2017. "Resistance to Change in the Corporate Elite: Female Directors’ Appointments onto Nordic Boards," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 267-287, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:635-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.