Journal of Macroeconomics
2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 1005-1028 The economic effects of fiscal policy: The case of Spain
by de Castro, Francisco & Hernández de Cos, Pablo
- 1029-1042 Goods market arbitrage and real exchange rate volatility
by Lee, Inkoo
- 1043-1063 Exchange rate strategies towards the euro-zone for new EU member states with currency boards
by Katsimi, Margarita
- 1064-1084 Monetary policy rules and the exchange rate
by Berger, Wolfram
- 1085-1096 Velocity of money, equilibrium (in)determinacy and endogenous growth
by Chen, Shu-Hua & Guo, Jang-Ting
- 1097-1103 Neoclassical growth and the "trivial" steady state
by Hakenes, Hendrik & Irmen, Andreas
- 1104-1123 Indeterminacy in a two-sector endogenous growth model with productive government spending
by Hu, Yunfang & Ohdoi, Ryoji & Shimomura, Koji
- 1124-1147 Population growth in a model of economic growth with human capital accumulation and horizontal R&D
by Bucci, Alberto
- 1148-1172 Growth leaders
by Etro, Federico
- 1173-1187 Per-capita income gaps across US states and Canadian provinces
by Basher, Syed A. & Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter
- 1188-1206 A rise by any other name? Sensitivity of growth regressions to data source
by Hanousek, Jan & Hajkova, Dana & Filer, Randall K.
- 1207-1221 Do bank-based financial systems reduce macroeconomic volatility by smoothing interest rates?
by Scharler, Johann
- 1222-1245 Limited enforcement and the organization of production
by Quintin, Erwan
- 1246-1268 Structural breaks and consumer credit: Is consumption smoothing finally a reality?
by Brady, Ryan R.
- 1269-1284 Foreign aid, domestic capital accumulation, and foreign borrowing
by Cui, Xiaoyong & Gong, Liutang
- 1285-1301 Corruption and saving in a panel of countries
by us Swaleheen, Mushfiq
- 1302-1322 Stability analysis of the Grossman-Helpman model of endogenous product cycles
by Mondal, Debasis
- 1323-1328 On the role of public debt in an OLG model with endogenous labor supply
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 1329-1334 Do factor shares reflect technology?
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 599-600 Editorial introduction The CES production function in the theory and empirics of economic growth
by Klump, Rainer & Papageorgiou, Chris
- 601-603 Introduction
by Solow, Robert M.
- 604-629 The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution: Two examples
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 630-632 Comment on: "The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution"
by Pitchford, John
- 633-640 The aggregate elasticity of factor substitution with middle products
by Jones, Ronald W.
- 641-644 Comment on "The endogenous aggregate elasticity of substitution for a small open economy"
by Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 645-666 Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment
by Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo
- 667-670 Comment on "Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment"
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 671-686 [sigma]: The long and short of it
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 687-690 Comment on "[sigma]: The long and short of it"
by Palivos, Theodore
- 691-702 Openness to trade as a determinant of the macroeconomic elasticity of substitution
by Saam, Marianne
- 703-706 Comment on "On the openness to trade as a determinant of the macroeconomic elasticity of substitution"
by Irmen, Andreas
- 707-713 Looking back, looking ahead: Biased technological change, substitution and the wage gap
by van de Klundert, Theo
- 714-717 Comment on "Looking back, looking ahead: Biased technological change, substitution and the wage gap"
by Steger, Thomas M.
- 718-735 Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor
by Dupuy, Arnaud & Marey, Philip S.
- 736-738 Comment on "Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor"
by Kaas, Leo
- 739-756 Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution
by Juselius, Mikael
- 757-759 Comment on "Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution"
by Hassler, Uwe
- 760-779 That elusive elasticity and the ubiquitous bias: Is panel data a panacea?
by Smith, James
- 780-782 Comment on "That elusive elasticity and the ubiquitous bias: Is panel data a panacea?"
by Antony, Jürgen
- 783-797 C.E.S. production functions in the light of the Cambridge critique
by Schefold, Bertram
- 798-800 Comment on "C.E.S. production functions in the light of the Cambridge critique"
by Gandolfo, Giancarlo
2008, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-18 Why are ethnically divided countries poor?
by Bridgman, Benjamin
- 19-42 Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics
by Grossmann, Volker
- 43-68 An explicit inflation target as a commitment device
by Libich, Jan
- 69-96 The credit channel of monetary policy: Evidence from the housing market
by Iacoviello, Matteo & Minetti, Raoul
- 97-110 On indeterminacy in one-sector models of the business cycle with factor-generated externalities
by Meng, Qinglai & Yip, Chong Kee
- 111-133 The welfare consequences of irrational exuberance: Stock market booms, research investment, and productivity
by Jerzmanowski, Michal & Nabar, Malhar
- 134-156 Labor market regimes and the effects of monetary policy
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Hibbs Jr., Douglas A.
- 157-178 International spill-over effects of labour market rigidities
by Spange, Morten
- 179-198 The political economy of structural reforms under a deficit restriction
by Poplawski Ribeiro, Marcos & Beetsma, Roel
- 199-215 Balanced budget rules and macroeconomic stability with non-separable utility
by Linnemann, Ludger
- 216-237 Bringing macroeconomics into the lab
by Ricciuti, Roberto
- 238-259 US trade and exchange rate volatility: A real sectoral bilateral analysis
by Byrne, Joseph P. & Darby, Julia & MacDonald, Ronald
- 260-281 Terms of trade and current account fluctuations: The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect revisited
by Bouakez, Hafedh & Kano, Takashi
- 282-307 Institutions, arrangements and preferences for inflation stability: Evidence and lessons from a panel data analysis
by Krause, Stefan & Méndez, Fabio
- 308-326 Inflation targeting or fear of floating in disguise? A broader perspective
by Ball, Christopher P. & Reyes, Javier
- 327-345 Disinflations in Latin America and the Caribbean: A free lunch?
by Hofstetter, Marc
- 346-368 The mechanics of a monetary union with segmented financial markets
by Alves, Nuno
- 369-381 Liquidity shocks and the dollarization of a banking system
by Machicado, Carlos Gustavo
- 382-395 Consumption habits and labor supply
by Graham, Liam
- 396-414 The open-loop solution of the Uzawa-Lucas model of endogenous growth with N agents
by Bethmann, Dirk
- 415-427 Human capital formation, public debt and economic growth
by Greiner, Alfred
- 428-443 In-sample and out-of-sample properties of linear and nonlinear Taylor rules
by Qin, Ting & Enders, Walter
- 444-461 Bayesian estimation and evaluation of the segmented markets friction in equilibrium monetary models
by Landon-Lane, John & Occhino, Filippo
- 462-480 Money-based stabilization in a small open economy
by Rhee, Hyuk Jae
- 481-498 A life-cycle approach to the intertemporal elasticity of substitution
by Biederman, Daniel K. & Goenner, Cullen F.
- 499-512 Child labor participation, human capital accumulation, and economic development
by Contreras, Salvador
- 513-522 Endogenous depreciation, mismeasurement of aggregate capital, and the productivity slowdown
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 523-542 Differential cash constraints, financial leverage and the demand for money: Evidence from a complete panel of Taiwanese firms
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Wang, Ping
- 543-561 The impact of financial variables on firms' real decisions: Evidence from Spanish firm-level data
by Hernando, Ignacio & Martínez-Carrascal, Carmen
- 562-574 Does democracy lower growth volatility? A dynamic panel analysis
by Yang, Benhua
- 575-598 The impact of fiscal policy on private consumption and social outcomes in Europe and the CIS
by Carmignani, Fabrizio
2007, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 639-664 Real exchange rates, imperfect substitutability, and imperfect competition
by MacDonald, Ronald & Ricci, Luca Antonio
- 665-689 Optimal simple rules for the conduct of monetary and fiscal policy
by Chadha, Jagjit S. & Nolan, Charles
- 690-707 Earnings growth and the bull market of the 1990s: Is there a case for rational exuberance?
by Bae, Jinho & Nelson, Charles R.
- 708-723 Perpetual youth and endogenous labor supply: A problem and a possible solution
by Ascari, Guido & Rankin, Neil
- 724-740 Embodiment, productivity, and the age distribution of capital
by Whelan, Karl
- 741-759 Financial intermediation with credit constrained agents
by Bohacek, Radim
- 760-789 Central Bank transparency in theory and practice
by Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew
- 790-805 Do liquidity constraints generate excess sensitivity in consumption? New evidence from a sample of post-bankruptcy households
by Filer, Larry & Fisher, Jonathan D.
- 806-823 Growth and welfare effects of stabilizing innovation cycles
by Aloi, Marta & Lasselle, Laurence
- 824-839 Foreign Direct Investment, inequality, and growth
by Basu, Parantap & Guariglia, Alessandra
- 840-854 Professional forecasts of interest rates and exchange rates: Evidence from the Wall Street Journal's panel of economists
by Mitchell, Karlyn & Pearce, Douglas K.
- 855-875 Business cycle dynamics with duration dependence and leading indicators
by Layton, Allan P. & Smith, Daniel R.
- 876-890 Stabilizations, crises and the "exit" problem - A theoretical model
by Bleaney, Michael & Gundermann, Marco
- 891-911 How to promote R&D-based growth? Public education expenditure on scientists and engineers versus R&D subsidies
by Grossmann, Volker
- 912-939 Fiscal policy and private consumption in industrial and developing countries
by Schclarek, Alfredo
- 940-958 Educational choice, endogenous inequality and economic development
by Andergassen, Rainer & Nardini, Franco
- 959-975 How large are the gains to commitment policy and optimal delegation for New Zealand?
by Lees, Kirdan
- 976-982 Stone-Geary preferences in overlapping generations economies under pure exchange: A note
by Koskela, Erkki & Puhakka, Mikko
2007, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 451-454 Foreword to special Journal of Macroeconomics issue on nonlinearities in economic growth
by Durlauf, Steven N.
- 455-469 Some empirics on economic growth under heterogeneous technology
by Phillips, Peter C.B. & Sul, Donggyu
- 470-475 Multiple growth regimes - Insights from unified growth theory
by Galor, Oded
- 476-493 Jointness in Bayesian variable selection with applications to growth regression
by Ley, Eduardo & Steel, Mark F.J.
- 494-514 Unraveling the fortunes of the fortunate: An Iterative Bayesian Model Averaging (IBMA) approach
by Eicher, Theo S. & Papageorgiou, Chris & Roehn, Oliver
- 515-540 Is the relationship between aid and economic growth nonlinear?
by Kourtellos, Andros & Tan, Chih Ming & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 541-554 Nonlinearities in cross-country growth regressions: A Bayesian Averaging of Thresholds (BAT) approach
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Doppelhofer, Gernot
- 555-568 Nonlinearities in economic growth: A semiparametric approach applied to information technology data
by Ketteni, Elena & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis
- 569-594 A drive up the capital coast? Contributions to post-reform growth across Chinese provinces
by Henderson, Daniel J. & Tochkov, Kiril & Badunenko, Oleg
- 595-611 Institutions and parameter heterogeneity
by Minier, Jenny
- 612-637 Productivity polarization and sectoral dynamics in European regions
by Fiaschi, Davide & Lavezzi, Andrea Mario
- iii-iv Editorial Introduction - Special issue "On the Empirics of Growth Nonlinearities"
by Papageorgiou, Chris
2007, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 227-254 A structuralist model of the small open economy in the short, medium and long run
by Hoon, Hian Teck & Phelps, Edmund S.
- 255-282 Regime changes, learning and monetary policy
by Waters, George A.
- 283-304 Interest-rate smoothing in a two-sector small open economy
by Kam, Timothy
- 305-325 Optimal tax structure in a two-sector model of endogenous growth
by Gomez, Manuel A.
- 326-354 Gross job flows and technology shocks in nondurable and durable goods sectors
by Tang, Jenn-Hong
- 355-367 The long-run Phillips curve revisited: Is the NAIRU framework data-consistent?
by Schreiber, Sven & Wolters, Jurgen
- 368-386 Do actions speak louder than words? Evaluating monetary policy at the Bundesbank
by Siklos, Pierre L. & Bohl, Martin T.
- 387-410 Government solvency: Revisiting some EMU countries
by Arghyrou, Michael G. & Luintel, Kul B.
- 411-430 Measuring monetary policy for a small open economy: Turkey
by Berument, Hakan
- 431-449 Regime dependence between the official and parallel foreign currency markets for US dollars in Greece
by Kanas, Angelos & Kouretas, Georgios P.
2007, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-18 The theory of rational expectations and the interpretation of macroeconomic data
by Demery, David & Duck, Nigel W.
- 19-36 The relative price effects of monetary shocks
by Balke, Nathan S. & Wynne, Mark A.
- 37-59 The New Keynesian Phillips curve under trend inflation and strategic complementarity
by Bakhshi, Hasan & Khan, Hashmat & Burriel-Llombart, Pablo & Rudolf, Barbara
- 60-74 The long-term care problem, precautionary saving, and economic growth
by Hemmi, Noriyoshi & Tabata, Ken & Futagami, Koichi
- 75-90 Buying out child labor
by Pallage, Stephane & Zimmermann, Christian
- 91-102 Too good to be true? The (In)credibility of the UK inflation fan charts
by Dowd, Kevin
- 103-122 Do shocks last forever? Local persistency in economic time series
by Lima, Luiz Renato & Xiao, Zhijie
- 123-144 Sunspots in a cash-in-advance model: A quantitative assessment
by Stockman, David R.
- 145-168 Economic growth and convergence with international differences in technology
by Goo, Youngwan & Park, Hyun
- 169-177 Indeterminacy and stability in a modified Romer model
by Slobodyan, Sergey
- 178-188 Forbearance impedes confidence recovery
by Kobayashi, Keiichiro
- 189-205 Does wealth affect consumption? Evidence for Italy
by Paiella, Monica
- 206-225 Market clearing with some neo-Keynesian features
by Sinha, Deepak K.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 621-644 An optimizing IS-LM framework with endogenous investment
by Casares, Miguel & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 645-664 An econometric model of potential output, productivity growth, and resource utilization
by Coen, Robert M. & Hickman, Bert G.
- 665-679 Are speed limit policies robust?
by Yetman, James
- 680-699 Federal transfers, environmental policy and economic growth
by Economides, George & Miaouli, Natasha
- 700-719 PPP in the medium run: The case of Norway
by Akram, Q. Farooq
- 720-736 Agricultural and monetary shocks before the great depression: A graph-theoretic causal investigation
by Perez, Stephen J. & Siegler, Mark V.
- 737-751 Monetary policy and long-term US interest rates
by Berument, Hakan & Froyen, Richard T.
- 752-767 A disequilibrium macrodynamic model of fluctuations
by Velupillai, K. Vela
- 768-774 Public capital, endogenous growth, and endogenous fluctuations
by Chen, Been-Lon
2006, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 461-479 Some stylized facts on non-systematic fiscal policy in the Euro area
by Marcellino, Massimiliano
- 480-492 A model of optimal legal restrictions and open market operations
by Cothren, Richard
- 493-519 Should central banks react to exchange rate movements? An analysis of the robustness of simple policy rules under exchange rate uncertainty
by Wollmershauser, Timo
- 520-539 Dispersion of human capital and economic growth
by Park, Jungsoo
- 540-563 Investor risk premia and real macroeconomic fluctuations
by Fuerst, Michael E.
- 564-584 Optimal monetary policy in the presence of pricing-to-market
by Michaelis, Jochen
- 585-595 The role of output composition in the stabilization of US output growth
by Eggers, Andrew & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 596-608 Is the budget deficit sustainable when fiscal policy is non-linear? The case of Spain
by Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Diaz-Roldan, Carmen & Esteve, Vicente
- 609-620 The links between inflation, inflation uncertainty and output growth: New time series evidence from Japan
by Wilson, Bradley Kemp
2006, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 273-302 Public and private production in a two-sector economy
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Pintea, Mihaela
- 303-325 Nominal rigidities and monetary policy in Canada
by Dib, Ali
- 326-337 Why the world should love the euro: The welfare implications of EMU for third countries
by Cavelaars, Paul
- 338-360 Using structural balance data to test the fiscal theory of the price level: Some international evidence
by Creel, Jerome & Bihan, Herve Le
- 361-374 Euler investment equation, leverage and cash flow misspecification: An empirical analysis on a panel of French manufacturing firms
by Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Teurlai, Jean-Christophe
- 375-391 The asymmetric effects of monetary policy in a matching model with a balance sheet channel
by Florio, Anna
- 392-408 Redistribution and economic growth in integrated economies
by Rehme, Gunther
- 409-427 Pattern of trade and indeterminacy
by Naito, Takumi
- 428-438 Endogenous labor supply in Diamond's (1965) OLG model: A reconsideration of the debt role
by Fanti, Luciano & Spataro, Luca
- 439-445 Expected stock returns, aggregate consumption and wealth: Some further empirical evidence
by Ioannidis, C. & Peel, D.A. & Matthews, K.P.G.
- 446-460 Non-fundamental expectations and economic fluctuations: Evidence from professional forecasts
by Choy, Keen Meng & Leong, Kenneth & Tay, Anthony S.
2006, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial introduction: Nonlinear macroeconomic dynamics
by Kyrtsou, Catherine & Palivos, Theodore
- 5-22 Singularity bifurcations
by He, Yijun & Barnett, William A.
- 23-26 Comments on " 'Singularity bifurcations' by Yijun He and William A. Barnett"
by Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar
- 27-45 Global sunspots in OLG models: Theory and computational analysis
by Gazzola, Gianluca & Medio, Alfredo
- 46-50 Comments on "Global sunspots in OLG models"
by Diks, Cees
- 51-85 Constant gain learning and business cycles
by Cellarier, Laurent
- 86-89 Comments on "Constant gain learning and business cycles"
by Diebolt, Claude
- 90-130 Keynesian dynamics and the wage-price spiral: A baseline disequilibrium model
by Asada, Toichiro & Chen, Pu & Chiarella, Carl & Flaschel, Peter
- 131-135 Comments on "Integrated Keynesian disequilibrium dynamics"
by Skott, Peter
- 136-150 Structural change in macroeconomic time series: A complex systems perspective
by Hinich, Melvin J. & Foster, John & Wild, Phillip
- 151-153 Comments on "Structural change in macroeconomic time series"
by Rothman, Philip
- 154-168 Univariate tests for nonlinear structure
by Kyrtsou, Catherine & Serletis, Apostolos
- 169-174 Comments on "Testing for nonlinear structure and chaos in economic time series"
by Hommes, Cars H. & Manzan, Sebastiano
- 175-191 A critical investigation on detrending procedures for non-linear processes
by Dagum, Estela Bee & Giannerini, Simone
- 192-194 Comments on "A critical investigation on detrending procedures for nonlinear processes"
by Ashley, Richard & Verbrugge, Randal J.
- 195-224 Non-parametric determination of real-time lag structure between two time series: The "optimal thermal causal path" method with applications to economic data
by Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier
- 225-227 Comments on "Non-parametric determination of real-time lag structure between two time series: The 'Optimal thermal causal path' method with applications to economic data"
by Andersen, Jorgen Vitting
- 228-252 Chaotic monetary dynamics with confidence
by Serletis, Apostolos & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 253-255 Comments on "Chaotic monetary dynamics with confidence"
by Barnett, William A.
- 256-266 Evidence for chaotic dependence between US inflation and commodity prices
by Kyrtsou, Catherine & Labys, Walter C.
- 267-271 US inflation and commodity prices: Analytical and empirical issues
by Malliaris, A.G.
2005, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 557-578 Technological spillovers and patterns of growth with sector-specific R&D
by Doi, Junko & Mino, Kazuo
- 579-595 Superneutrality, indeterminacy and endogenous growth
by Suen, Ming-Hon & Yip, Chong K.
- 596-620 Disinflation and the supply side
by Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Pizzati, Lodovico
- 621-647 Coordinating macroeconomic policy in a simple AK growth model
by Barnett, Richard C.
- 648-669 ICT-specific technological progress in the United Kingdom
by Bakhshi, Hasan & Larsen, Jens
- 670-690 Business cycle, unemployment benefits and productivity shocks
by Chiarini, Bruno & Piselli, Paolo
- 691-703 A Monte Carlo study on the pitfalls in determining deterministic components in cointegrating models
by Hjelm, Goran & Johansson, Martin W.
- 704-723 Optimal composition of government public capital financing
by Hung, Fu-Sheng
- 724-746 Growth and employment differentials under alternative wage-setting institutions and integrated capital markets
by Bonatti, Luigi
- 747-762 The endogenous national minimum wage institution
by Petrakis, Emmanuel & Vlassis, Minas
2005, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 385-402 Search and leisure with idiosyncratic endowment shocks in a random-matching model
by Arias, J.J.
- 403-433 Growth and welfare: Distorting versus non-distorting taxes
by Marrero, Gustavo A. & Novales, Alfonso
- 434-451 The credibility of the monetary policy "free lunch"
by Yetman, James
- 452-471 The length of US business expansions: When did the break in the data occur?
by Cover, James P. & Pecorino, Paul
- 472-493 Population aging, the costs of health care for the elderly and growth
by Tabata, Ken
- 494-516 Inside money and the effects of inflation
by Powers, Dennis
- 517-532 Does consumer sentiment accurately forecast UK household consumption? Are there any comparisons to be made with the US?
by Easaw, Joshy Z. & Garratt, Dean & Heravi, Saeed M.
- 533-552 Evaluation of interest tax policies in a model of finance and growth
by Chen, Been-Lon & Chiang, Yeong-Yuh & Wang, Ping
2005, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 179-207 How fast can the new economy grow? A Bayesian analysis of the evolution of trend growth
by Cogley, Timothy
- 209-232 Status seeking in the small open economy
by Fisher, Walter H. & Hof, Franz X.
- 233-255 Diverging evidence of convergence hypothesis
by Huang, Ho-Chuan
- 257-274 Long-run neutrality in a fractionally integrated model
by Bae, Sang-Kun & Jensen, Mark J. & Murdock, Scott G.
- 275-288 Poverty traps and business cycles in a stochastic overlapping generations economy with S-shaped law of motion
by Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner
- 289-306 Inflation and measures of the markup
by Banerjee, Anindya & Russell, Bill
- 307-330 Microeconometrics and measurement matters: Some results from monetary economics for Canada
by Serletis, Apostolos & Rangel-Ruiz, Ricardo