Journal of Macroeconomics
March 2010, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 90-102 One of the things we know that ain't so: Is US labor's share relatively stable?
by Young, Andrew T.
- 103-117 Reinterpreting the Jones critique: A time series approach to testing and understanding idea driven growth models with transitional dynamics
by Sedgley, Norman & Elmslie, Bruce
- 118-144 Credit market imperfections and the power of the financial accelerator: A theoretical and empirical investigation
by Cavalcanti, Marco Antonio F.H.
- 145-156 Leading indicator properties of US high-yield credit spreads
by Aslanidis, Nektarios & Cipollini, Andrea
- 157-168 Workfare, monitoring, and efficiency wages
by Holzner, Christian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin
- 169-184 Idiosyncratic labour income risk and aggregate consumption: An unobserved component approach
by Pozzi, Lorenzo
- 185-200 Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity
by Asano, Takao
- 201-217 Aggregate shock and monetary policy regimes
by Rhee, Hyuk-jae & Turdaliev, Nurlan
- 218-238 Why demand uncertainty curbs investment: Evidence from a panel of Italian manufacturing firms
by Bontempi, Maria Elena & Golinelli, Roberto & Parigi, Giuseppe
- 239-250 Inventory investment, global engagement, and financial constraints in the UK: Evidence from micro data
by Guariglia, Alessandra & Mateut, Simona
- 251-264 On the mechanics of trade-induced structural transformation
by Dessy, Sylvain & Mbiekop, Flaubert & Pallage, Stéphane
- 265-283 Bank mergers, branch networks and economic growth: Theory and evidence from Canada, 1889-1926
by Chu, Kam Hon
- 284-299 The response of Australian consumption to housing wealth
by Fisher, Lance A. & Otto, Glenn & Voss, Graham M.
- 300-313 Exports and foreign direct investments in an endogenous-entry model with real and nominal uncertainty
by Cavallari, Lilia
- 314-325 Is health capital formation good for long-term economic growth? - Panel Granger-causality evidence for OECD countries
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 326-337 Carrying cost of money and real effects of denomination structure
by Lee, Manjong
- 338-346 Taxation, corruption and the exchange rate regime
by Carsten Hefeker
- 347-365 The duration of economic expansions and recessions: More than duration dependence
by Castro, Vítor
- 366-377 Wicksell's Classical Dichotomy: Is the natural rate of interest independent of the money rate of interest?
by Beenstock, Michael & Ilek, Alex
- 378-391 Overnight monetary policy in the United States: Active or interest-rate smoothing?
by Kia, Amir
- 392-404 What can Taylor rules say about monetary policy in Latin America?
by Moura, Marcelo L. & de Carvalho, Alexandre
- 405-414 Relative price convergence among US cities: Does the choice of numeraire city matter?
by Chmelarova, Viera & Nath, Hiranya K.
- 415-425 Consumption home bias and exchange rate behavior
by Cooke, Dudley
- 426-442 Inflation persistence in the Franc zone: Evidence from disaggregated prices
by Coleman, Simeon
- 443-456 Declining labor shares and bargaining power: An institutional explanation
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
- 457-468 Research, technological change and financial liberalization in South Korea
by Ang, James B.
- 469-475 News and households' subjective macroeconomic expectations
by Easaw, Joshy & Ghoshray, Atanu
- 476-491 Distortionary taxation and interest rate policy
by Kurozumi, Takushi
- 492-496 Capital investment and unemployment in Europe: Neutrality or not?
by Driver, Ciaran & Muñoz-Bugarin, Jair
December 2009, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 509-522 The investment tax credit and irreversible investment
by Altug, Sumru & Demers, Fanny S. & Demers, Michel
- 523-533 A reputation strategic model of monetary policy in continuous-time
by Li, Jingyuan & Liu, Yongming & Tian, Guoqiang
- 534-546 How monetary policy committees impact the volatility of policy rates
by Farvaque, Etienne & Matsueda, Norimichi & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume
- 547-560 Monetary policy and the transition costs of a labor market reform
by Aguiar, Alvaro & Ribeiro, Ana Paula
- 561-571 New Keynesian Phillips Curves and potential identification failures: A Generalized Empirical Likelihood analysis
by Martins, Luis F. & Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 572-581 Intergenerational transfers of time and public long-term care with an aging population
by Mizushima, Atsue
- 582-590 A politico-economic analysis of the European Union's R&D policy
by Chu, Angus C.
- 591-601 A revisit to the non-linear mean reversion of real exchange rates: Evidence from a series-specific non-linear panel unit-root test
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun
- 602-613 Entrepreneurial innovation and economic growth
by Grossmann, Volker
- 614-620 Child labor, education aid, and economic growth
by Kitaura, Koji
- 621-632 On the determinants of currency crises: The role of model uncertainty
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Slacik, Tomas
- 633-653 Bonds with transactions service and optimal Ramsey policy
by Hu, Yifan & Kam, Timothy
- 654-667 The role of demography in the long-run Yen/USD real exchange rate appreciation
by Aloy, Marcel & Gente, Karine
- 668-684 Endogenous imitation and endogenous growth in a North-South model: A theoretical analysis
by Mondal, Debasis & Ranjan Gupta, Manash
- 685-698 Which price level to target? Strategic delegation in a sticky price and wage economy
by Givens, Gregory E.
- 699-707 Capital/Labor substitution, capital deepening, and FDI
by Antony, Jürgen
- 708-720 Monetary policy and the exchange rate: Evidence from a two-country model
by Voss, G.M. & Willard, L.B.
- 721-729 The C-CAPM without ex post data
by Söderlind, Paul
- 730-734 The stabilization bias and robust monetary policy delegation
by Tillmann, Peter
September 2009, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 363-375 Technological change and the roaring twenties: A neoclassical perspective
by Harrison, Sharon & Weder, Mark
- 376-393 Aggregate returns to social capital: Estimates based on the augmented augmented-Solow model
by Ishise, Hirokazu & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 394-408 Wealth and the capitalist spirit
by Francis, Johanna L.
- 409-422 Openness and growth: The long shadow of the Berlin Wall
by Buch, Claudia M. & Toubal, Farid
- 423-437 Growth, welfare and transitional dynamics in an endogenously growing economy with abatement labor
by Chen, Jhy-hwa & Shieh, Jhy-yuan & Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong
- 438-463 Balanced budget vs. Tax smoothing in a small open economy: A welfare comparison
by Angyridis, Constantine
- 464-472 Micro-foundation for a constant elasticity of substitution production function through mechanization
by Nakamura, Hideki
- 473-484 China's monetary policy: Quantity versus price rules
by Zhang, Wenlang
- 485-491 Openness, income-tax progressivity, and inflation
by Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D.
- 492-499 A note on public debt, tax-exempt bonds, and Ponzi games
by Wigger, Berthold U.
- 500-507 The effects of exchange rate uncertainty on exports
by Rahman, Sajjadur & Serletis, Apostolos
June 2009, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 217-230 Prudent monetary policy and prediction of the output gap
by van der Ploeg, Frederick
- 231-239 Technology shocks and hours worked: Checking for robust conclusions
by Whelan, Karl T.
- 240-251 Are the Fed's inflation forecasts still superior to the private sector's?
by Gamber, Edward N. & Smith, Julie K.
- 252-267 Macroeconomic effects of shocks to public employment
by Linnemann, Ludger
- 268-289 The price puzzle revisited: Can the cost channel explain a rise in inflation after a monetary policy shock?
by Henzel, Steffen & Hülsewig, Oliver & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershäuser, Timo
- 290-303 Accounting for productivity: Is it OK to assume that the world is Cobb-Douglas?
by Aiyar, Shekhar & Dalgaard, Carl-Johan
- 304-319 Threshold effects in monetary and fiscal policies in a growth model: Assessing the importance of the financial system
by Minea, Alexandru & Villieu, Patrick
- 320-332 Effects of product and labor market regulation on macroeconomic outcomes
by Zanetti, Francesco
- 333-344 Money supply, macroeconomic stability, and the implementation of interest rate targets
by Schabert, Andreas
- 345-361 In search of robust monetary policy rules - Should the Fed look at money growth or stock market performance?
by Mandler, Martin
March 2009, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial introduction: Advances in historical macroeconomics
by Diebolt, Claude
- 5-28 The long-run determinants of UK wages, 1860-2004
by Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F.
- 29-34 Comment on "The long-run determinants of UK wages, 1860-2004"
by Nielsen, Heino Bohn
- 35-57 Stock markets and business cycle comovement in Germany before World War I: Evidence from spectral analysis
by Uebele, Martin & Ritschl, Albrecht
- 58-67 Comment on "Stock markets and business cycle comovement in Germany before world war I: Evidence from spectral analysis"
by Metz, Rainer
- 68-93 From Malthus to Solow: How did the Malthusian economy really evolve?
by Crafts, Nicholas & Mills, Terence C.
- 94-97 Comment on "From Malthus to Solow: How did the Malthusian economy really evolve?"
by Craig, Lee
- 98-127 Spatial persistence of demographic shocks and economic growth
by Azomahou, Théophile & Diebolt, Claude & Mishra, Tapas
- 128-131 Comment on "Spatial persistence of demographic shocks and economic growth"
by Jaoul-Grammare, Magali
- 132-148 Demographic change and economic growth in Sweden: 1750-2050
by de la Croix, David & Lindh, Thomas & Malmberg, Bo
- 149-152 Comment on "Demographic change and economic growth in Sweden: 1750-2050"
by Doliger, Cédric
- 153-166 The uncertain unit root in real GNP: A re-examination
by Darné, Olivier
- 167-172 Comment on "The uncertain unit root in real GNP: A re-examination"
by Mishra, Tapas
- 173-190 US economic growth in the gilded age
by Field, Alexander J.
- 191-199 Comment on "US Economic growth in the gilded age"
by Demeulemeester, Jean-Luc
- 200-211 Modelling non-linear comovements between time series
by Kyrtsou, Catherine & Vorlow, Costas
- 212-215 Comment on "Modelling nonlinear comovements between time series"
by Mizrach, Bruce
December 2008, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 1335-1346 Why doesn't Luxembourg send all its capital to India?
by Taub, Bart & Zhao, Rui
- 1347-1369 Overconfidence and consumption over the life cycle
by Caliendo, Frank & Huang, Kevin X.D.
- 1370-1389 Optimal information acquisition and monetary policy
by Cone, Thomas E.
- 1390-1406 On using relative prices to measure capital-specific technological progress
by Marquis, Milton H. & Trehan, Bharat
- 1407-1422 Health and infrastructure in a model of endogenous growth
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard
- 1423-1445 Endogenous mortality, human capital and economic growth
by Osang, Thomas & Sarkar, Jayanta
- 1446-1467 The effect of labor market monopsony on economic growth
by Barr, Tavis & Roy, Udayan
- 1468-1478 Sustained output growth under uncertainty: A simple model with human capital
by Varvarigos, Dimitrios
- 1479-1495 Public consumption composition in a growing economy
by Censolo, Roberto & Colombo, Caterina
- 1496-1519 Utility and production externalities, equilibrium efficiency and leisure specification
by Gomez Suarez, Manuel A.
- 1520-1549 The link between institutions, technical change and macroeconomic volatility
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Groenewold, Nicolaas & Leung, Charles Ka Yui
- 1550-1568 Efficiency, depth and growth: Quantitative implications of finance and growth theory
by Trew, Alex
- 1569-1586 The productivity paradox and the new economy: The Spanish case
by Martínez, Diego & Rodríguez, Jesús & Torres, José L.
- 1587-1601 Human capital aggregation and relative wages across countries
by Pandey, Manish
- 1602-1616 Addressing causality in the effect of capital account liberalization on growth
by Honig, Adam
- 1617-1640 Asset booms and fat tails in East Asia: Symmetric or asymmetric risks?
by Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro
- 1641-1650 The nonlinear dynamic relationship of exchange rates: Parametric and nonparametric causality testing
by Bekiros, Stelios D. & Diks, Cees G.H.
- 1651-1672 Communication and exchange rate policy
by Fratzscher, Marcel
- 1673-1687 Currency interdependence and dollarization
by Dutu, Richard
- 1688-1711 Evaluating currency crises: A Bayesian Markov switching approach
by Mouratidis, Kostas
- 1712-1722 Fixed exchange rate credibility with heterogeneous expectations
by Carlson, John A. & Valev, Naven
- 1723-1737 Scarce collateral and bank reserves
by Faig, Miquel & Gagnon, Gregory
- 1738-1755 Monetary policy and the transmission of oil shocks
by Bachmeier, Lance
- 1756-1791 The effect of monetary policy on output in EMU3: A sign restriction approach
by Rafiq, M.S. & Mallick, S.K.
- 1792-1815 The long-run Phillips curve and non-stationary inflation
by Russell, Bill & Banerjee, Anindya
- 1816-1836 Reexamining the permanent income hypothesis with uncertainty in permanent and transitory innovation states
by Huang, Yu-Lieh & Huang, Chao-Hsi & Kuan, Chung-Ming
September 2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 801-816 On the observational (non)equivalence of money growth and interest rate rules
by Auray, Stéphane & Fève, Patrick
- 817-843 Labour markets and firm-specific capital in New Keynesian general equilibrium models
by Nolan, Charles & Thoenissen, Christoph
- 844-872 Can mortality risk explain the consumption hump?
by Feigenbaum, James
- 873-884 Some foundations for multiplicative habits models
by Hiraguchi, Ryoji
- 885-905 On asymmetric business cycles and the effectiveness of counter-cyclical fiscal policies
by Magud, Nicolas E.
- 906-927 Empirical comparison of sticky price and sticky information models
by Korenok, Oleg
- 928-940 Alternative measures of marginal cost and inflation in estimations of new Keynesian inflation dynamics
by Gwin, Carl R. & VanHoose, David D.
- 941-964 "Leaning with the wind"? An open-economy example
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 965-976 Structural change and lag length in VAR models
by Thoma, Mark
- 977-990 Monetary policy and the US housing market: A VAR analysis imposing sign restrictions
by Vargas-Silva, Carlos
- 991-1004 Interdependencies of US manufacturing sectoral TFPs: A spatial VAR approach
by Neusser, Klaus
- 1005-1028 The economic effects of fiscal policy: The case of Spain
by de Castro, Francisco & Hernández de Cos, Pablo
- 1029-1042 Goods market arbitrage and real exchange rate volatility
by Lee, Inkoo
- 1043-1063 Exchange rate strategies towards the euro-zone for new EU member states with currency boards
by Katsimi, Margarita
- 1064-1084 Monetary policy rules and the exchange rate
by Berger, Wolfram
- 1085-1096 Velocity of money, equilibrium (in)determinacy and endogenous growth
by Chen, Shu-Hua & Guo, Jang-Ting
- 1097-1103 Neoclassical growth and the "trivial" steady state
by Hakenes, Hendrik & Irmen, Andreas
- 1104-1123 Indeterminacy in a two-sector endogenous growth model with productive government spending
by Hu, Yunfang & Ohdoi, Ryoji & Shimomura, Koji
- 1124-1147 Population growth in a model of economic growth with human capital accumulation and horizontal R&D
by Bucci, Alberto
- 1148-1172 Growth leaders
by Etro, Federico
- 1173-1187 Per-capita income gaps across US states and Canadian provinces
by Basher, Syed A. & Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter
- 1188-1206 A rise by any other name? Sensitivity of growth regressions to data source
by Hanousek, Jan & Hajkova, Dana & Filer, Randall K.
- 1207-1221 Do bank-based financial systems reduce macroeconomic volatility by smoothing interest rates?
by Scharler, Johann
- 1222-1245 Limited enforcement and the organization of production
by Quintin, Erwan
- 1246-1268 Structural breaks and consumer credit: Is consumption smoothing finally a reality?
by Brady, Ryan R.
- 1269-1284 Foreign aid, domestic capital accumulation, and foreign borrowing
by Cui, Xiaoyong & Gong, Liutang
- 1285-1301 Corruption and saving in a panel of countries
by us Swaleheen, Mushfiq
- 1302-1322 Stability analysis of the Grossman-Helpman model of endogenous product cycles
by Mondal, Debasis
- 1323-1328 On the role of public debt in an OLG model with endogenous labor supply
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 1329-1334 Do factor shares reflect technology?
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
June 2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 599-600 Editorial introduction The CES production function in the theory and empirics of economic growth
by Klump, Rainer & Papageorgiou, Chris
- 601-603 Introduction
by Solow, Robert M.
- 604-629 The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution: Two examples
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 630-632 Comment on: "The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution"
by Pitchford, John
- 633-640 The aggregate elasticity of factor substitution with middle products
by Jones, Ronald W.
- 641-644 Comment on "The endogenous aggregate elasticity of substitution for a small open economy"
by Miyagiwa, Kaz
- 645-666 Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment
by Klump, Rainer & McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo
- 667-670 Comment on "Unwrapping some euro area growth puzzles: Factor substitution, productivity and unemployment"
by Papageorgiou, Chris
- 671-686 [sigma]: The long and short of it
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 687-690 Comment on "[sigma]: The long and short of it"
by Palivos, Theodore
- 691-702 Openness to trade as a determinant of the macroeconomic elasticity of substitution
by Saam, Marianne
- 703-706 Comment on "On the openness to trade as a determinant of the macroeconomic elasticity of substitution"
by Irmen, Andreas
- 707-713 Looking back, looking ahead: Biased technological change, substitution and the wage gap
by van de Klundert, Theo
- 714-717 Comment on "Looking back, looking ahead: Biased technological change, substitution and the wage gap"
by Steger, Thomas M.
- 718-735 Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor
by Dupuy, Arnaud & Marey, Philip S.
- 736-738 Comment on "Shifts and twists in the relative productivity of skilled labor"
by Kaas, Leo
- 739-756 Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution
by Juselius, Mikael
- 757-759 Comment on "Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution"
by Hassler, Uwe
- 760-779 That elusive elasticity and the ubiquitous bias: Is panel data a panacea?
by Smith, James
- 780-782 Comment on "That elusive elasticity and the ubiquitous bias: Is panel data a panacea?"
by Antony, Jürgen
- 783-797 C.E.S. production functions in the light of the Cambridge critique
by Schefold, Bertram
- 798-800 Comment on "C.E.S. production functions in the light of the Cambridge critique"
by Gandolfo, Giancarlo
March 2008, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-18 Why are ethnically divided countries poor?
by Bridgman, Benjamin
- 19-42 Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics
by Grossmann, Volker
- 43-68 An explicit inflation target as a commitment device
by Libich, Jan
- 69-96 The credit channel of monetary policy: Evidence from the housing market
by Iacoviello, Matteo & Minetti, Raoul
- 97-110 On indeterminacy in one-sector models of the business cycle with factor-generated externalities
by Meng, Qinglai & Yip, Chong Kee
- 111-133 The welfare consequences of irrational exuberance: Stock market booms, research investment, and productivity
by Jerzmanowski, Michal & Nabar, Malhar
- 134-156 Labor market regimes and the effects of monetary policy
by Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Hibbs Jr., Douglas A.
- 157-178 International spill-over effects of labour market rigidities
by Spange, Morten
- 179-198 The political economy of structural reforms under a deficit restriction
by Poplawski Ribeiro, Marcos & Beetsma, Roel
- 199-215 Balanced budget rules and macroeconomic stability with non-separable utility
by Linnemann, Ludger
- 216-237 Bringing macroeconomics into the lab
by Ricciuti, Roberto
- 238-259 US trade and exchange rate volatility: A real sectoral bilateral analysis
by Byrne, Joseph P. & Darby, Julia & MacDonald, Ronald
- 260-281 Terms of trade and current account fluctuations: The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect revisited
by Bouakez, Hafedh & Kano, Takashi
- 282-307 Institutions, arrangements and preferences for inflation stability: Evidence and lessons from a panel data analysis
by Krause, Stefan & Méndez, Fabio
- 308-326 Inflation targeting or fear of floating in disguise? A broader perspective
by Ball, Christopher P. & Reyes, Javier
- 327-345 Disinflations in Latin America and the Caribbean: A free lunch?
by Hofstetter, Marc
- 346-368 The mechanics of a monetary union with segmented financial markets
by Alves, Nuno
- 369-381 Liquidity shocks and the dollarization of a banking system
by Machicado, Carlos Gustavo
- 382-395 Consumption habits and labor supply
by Graham, Liam
- 396-414 The open-loop solution of the Uzawa-Lucas model of endogenous growth with N agents
by Bethmann, Dirk
- 415-427 Human capital formation, public debt and economic growth
by Greiner, Alfred
- 428-443 In-sample and out-of-sample properties of linear and nonlinear Taylor rules
by Qin, Ting & Enders, Walter
- 444-461 Bayesian estimation and evaluation of the segmented markets friction in equilibrium monetary models
by Landon-Lane, John & Occhino, Filippo
- 462-480 Money-based stabilization in a small open economy
by Rhee, Hyuk Jae
- 481-498 A life-cycle approach to the intertemporal elasticity of substitution
by Biederman, Daniel K. & Goenner, Cullen F.
- 499-512 Child labor participation, human capital accumulation, and economic development
by Contreras, Salvador
- 513-522 Endogenous depreciation, mismeasurement of aggregate capital, and the productivity slowdown
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 523-542 Differential cash constraints, financial leverage and the demand for money: Evidence from a complete panel of Taiwanese firms
by Liu, Jin-Tan & Tsou, Meng-Wen & Wang, Ping
- 543-561 The impact of financial variables on firms' real decisions: Evidence from Spanish firm-level data
by Hernando, Ignacio & Martínez-Carrascal, Carmen
- 562-574 Does democracy lower growth volatility? A dynamic panel analysis
by Yang, Benhua
- 575-598 The impact of fiscal policy on private consumption and social outcomes in Europe and the CIS
by Carmignani, Fabrizio
December 2007, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 639-664 Real exchange rates, imperfect substitutability, and imperfect competition
by MacDonald, Ronald & Ricci, Luca Antonio
- 665-689 Optimal simple rules for the conduct of monetary and fiscal policy
by Chadha, Jagjit S. & Nolan, Charles
- 690-707 Earnings growth and the bull market of the 1990s: Is there a case for rational exuberance?
by Bae, Jinho & Nelson, Charles R.
- 708-723 Perpetual youth and endogenous labor supply: A problem and a possible solution
by Ascari, Guido & Rankin, Neil
- 724-740 Embodiment, productivity, and the age distribution of capital
by Whelan, Karl