Journal of Macroeconomics
2010, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 993-1007 A critical assessment of existing estimates of US core inflation
by Bermingham, Colin
- 1008-1013 The Fed's perceived Phillips curve: Evidence from individual FOMC forecasts
by Tillmann, Peter
- 1014-1024 Do Federal Reserve communications help predict federal funds target rate decisions?
by Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 1025-1040 Leisure externalities: Implications for growth and welfare
by Pintea, Mihaela I.
- 1041-1053 Technology catch-up and the role of institutions
by Manca, Fabio
- 1054-1066 Time-varying asymmetries in central bank preferences: The case of the ECB
by Ikeda, Taro
- 1067-1082 Capital taxation, long-run growth, and bequests
by Kunze, Lars
- 1083-1100 Sign and phase asymmetry: News, economic activity and the stock market
by Henry, Ólan & Olekalns, Nilss & Shields, Kalvinder
- 1101-1117 Real business cycles with Cournot competition and endogenous entry
by Colciago, Andrea & Etro, Federico
- 1118-1130 Understanding changes in exchange rate pass-through
by Takhtamanova, Yelena F.
- 1131-1142 Capital-labor substitution and balanced growth
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 1143-1154 Knife-edge conditions in the modeling of long-run growth regularities
by Growiec, Jakub
- 1155-1168 Reciprocity and downward wage rigidity
by Lin, Chung-Cheng & Yang, C.C.
- 1169-1177 Geographic price dispersion in retail markets: Evidence from micro-data
by Lee, Inkoo
- 1178-1183 The Ramsey model with AK technology and a bounded population growth rate
by Guerrini, Luca
2010, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 713-731 Whither the liquidity effect: The impact of Federal Reserve open market operations in recent years
by Judson, Ruth A. & Klee, Elizabeth
- 732-746 One nation under the fed? The asymmetric effects of US monetary policy and its implications for the United States as an optimal currency area
by Beckworth, David
- 747-765 The new Keynesian Phillips curve and the cyclicality of marginal cost
by Mazumder, Sandeep
- 766-781 When is a central bank governor replaced? Evidence based on a new data set
by Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de
- 782-796 Regime-switching monetary policy in Canada
by Lange, Ronald H.
- 797-815 Trend growth and optimal monetary policy
by Mattesini, Fabrizio & Nisticò, Salvatore
- 816-826 Labor market structures and the sacrifice ratio
by Bowdler, Christopher & Nunziata, Luca
- 827-837 Public infrastructures, public consumption, and welfare in a new-open-economy-macro model
by Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha
- 838-857 Are crises good for long-term growth? The role of political institutions
by Cavallo, Alberto F. & Cavallo, Eduardo A.
- 858-871 Foreign direct investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth
by Kottaridi, Constantina & Stengos, Thanasis
- 872-878 The Ramsey model with a bounded population growth rate
by Guerrini, Luca
- 879-891 The dynamic impacts of financial institutions on economic growth: Evidence from the European Union
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Hou, Han & Cheng, Su-Yin
- 892-905 Consumption effects of government purchases
by Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar
- 906-920 Assessing the fit of small open economy DSGEs
by Matheson, Troy
- 921-935 Stabilization bias for a small open economy: The case of New Zealand
by Liu, Philip
2010, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 497-514 Growth and inequality in a small open economy
by Chen, Yu-chin & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 515-526 Resurrecting equilibria through cycles in an overlapping generations model of money
by Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Bunzel, Helle
- 527-540 Do asymmetric central bank preferences help explain observed inflation outcomes?
by Doyle, Matthew & Falk, Barry
- 541-554 Private money as a competing medium of exchange
by Pingle, Mark & Mukhopadhyay, Sankar
- 555-570 Contracting models of the Phillips curve empirical estimates for middle-income countries
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal
- 571-583 Intermediate goods trade and exchange rate pass-through
by Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi
- 584-593 Intergenerational transfers and fertility: Trade-off between human capital and child labour
by Sugawara, Kouki
- 594-605 Taxes, mobile capital, and economic dynamics in a globalizing world
by Bretschger, Lucas
- 606-616 Public capital and distributional dynamics in a two-sector growth model
by Getachew, Yoseph Yilma
- 617-634 Optimal technology and development
by Moscoso Boedo, Hernan J.
- 635-640 The translog growth model
by Østbye, Stein
- 641-656 Growth and capital deepening since 1870: Is it all technological progress?
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 657-673 Health, infrastructure, environment and endogenous growth
by Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Barman, Trishita Ray
- 674-684 The demand for euros
by Arnold, Ivo J.M. & Roelands, Sebastian
- 685-691 Measuring comovement in the time-frequency space
by Rua, António
- 692-708 Flat tax reform: The Baltics 2000-2007
by Azacis, Helmuts & Gillman, Max
- 709-711 Endogenous growth, government debt and budgetary regimes: A Corrigendum
by Minea, Alexandru & Villieu, Patrick
2010, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-16 Global versus country-specific shocks and international business cycles
by Boileau, Martin & Normandin, Michel & Powo Fosso, Bruno
- 17-27 Estimating employment dynamics across occupations and sectors of industry
by Cörvers, Frank & Dupuy, Arnaud
- 28-34 Price resetting and inertia
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 35-44 Globalization and the sustainability of large current account imbalances: Size matters
by Aizenman, Joshua & Sun, Yi
- 45-54 Policy futures markets with multiple goals
by Jackson, Aaron L.
- 55-67 Policy games, policy neutrality and Tinbergen controllability under rational expectations
by Hallett, Andrew Hughes & Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni
- 68-89 Currency mismatch, openness and exchange rate regime choice
by Magud, Nicolas E.
- 90-102 One of the things we know that ain't so: Is US labor's share relatively stable?
by Young, Andrew T.
- 103-117 Reinterpreting the Jones critique: A time series approach to testing and understanding idea driven growth models with transitional dynamics
by Sedgley, Norman & Elmslie, Bruce
- 118-144 Credit market imperfections and the power of the financial accelerator: A theoretical and empirical investigation
by Cavalcanti, Marco Antonio F.H.
- 145-156 Leading indicator properties of US high-yield credit spreads
by Aslanidis, Nektarios & Cipollini, Andrea
- 157-168 Workfare, monitoring, and efficiency wages
by Holzner, Christian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin
- 169-184 Idiosyncratic labour income risk and aggregate consumption: An unobserved component approach
by Pozzi, Lorenzo
- 185-200 Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity
by Asano, Takao
- 201-217 Aggregate shock and monetary policy regimes
by Rhee, Hyuk-jae & Turdaliev, Nurlan
- 218-238 Why demand uncertainty curbs investment: Evidence from a panel of Italian manufacturing firms
by Bontempi, Maria Elena & Golinelli, Roberto & Parigi, Giuseppe
- 239-250 Inventory investment, global engagement, and financial constraints in the UK: Evidence from micro data
by Guariglia, Alessandra & Mateut, Simona
- 251-264 On the mechanics of trade-induced structural transformation
by Dessy, Sylvain & Mbiekop, Flaubert & Pallage, Stéphane
- 265-283 Bank mergers, branch networks and economic growth: Theory and evidence from Canada, 1889-1926
by Chu, Kam Hon
- 284-299 The response of Australian consumption to housing wealth
by Fisher, Lance A. & Otto, Glenn & Voss, Graham M.
- 300-313 Exports and foreign direct investments in an endogenous-entry model with real and nominal uncertainty
by Cavallari, Lilia
- 314-325 Is health capital formation good for long-term economic growth? - Panel Granger-causality evidence for OECD countries
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 326-337 Carrying cost of money and real effects of denomination structure
by Lee, Manjong
- 338-346 Taxation, corruption and the exchange rate regime
by Carsten Hefeker
- 347-365 The duration of economic expansions and recessions: More than duration dependence
by Castro, Vítor
- 366-377 Wicksell's Classical Dichotomy: Is the natural rate of interest independent of the money rate of interest?
by Beenstock, Michael & Ilek, Alex
- 378-391 Overnight monetary policy in the United States: Active or interest-rate smoothing?
by Kia, Amir
- 392-404 What can Taylor rules say about monetary policy in Latin America?
by Moura, Marcelo L. & de Carvalho, Alexandre
- 405-414 Relative price convergence among US cities: Does the choice of numeraire city matter?
by Chmelarova, Viera & Nath, Hiranya K.
- 415-425 Consumption home bias and exchange rate behavior
by Cooke, Dudley
- 426-442 Inflation persistence in the Franc zone: Evidence from disaggregated prices
by Coleman, Simeon
- 443-456 Declining labor shares and bargaining power: An institutional explanation
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
- 457-468 Research, technological change and financial liberalization in South Korea
by Ang, James B.
- 469-475 News and households' subjective macroeconomic expectations
by Easaw, Joshy & Ghoshray, Atanu
- 476-491 Distortionary taxation and interest rate policy
by Kurozumi, Takushi
- 492-496 Capital investment and unemployment in Europe: Neutrality or not?
by Driver, Ciaran & Muñoz-Bugarin, Jair
2009, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 509-522 The investment tax credit and irreversible investment
by Altug, Sumru & Demers, Fanny S. & Demers, Michel
- 523-533 A reputation strategic model of monetary policy in continuous-time
by Li, Jingyuan & Liu, Yongming & Tian, Guoqiang
- 534-546 How monetary policy committees impact the volatility of policy rates
by Farvaque, Etienne & Matsueda, Norimichi & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume
- 547-560 Monetary policy and the transition costs of a labor market reform
by Aguiar, Alvaro & Ribeiro, Ana Paula
- 561-571 New Keynesian Phillips Curves and potential identification failures: A Generalized Empirical Likelihood analysis
by Martins, Luis F. & Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 572-581 Intergenerational transfers of time and public long-term care with an aging population
by Mizushima, Atsue
- 582-590 A politico-economic analysis of the European Union's R&D policy
by Chu, Angus C.
- 591-601 A revisit to the non-linear mean reversion of real exchange rates: Evidence from a series-specific non-linear panel unit-root test
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun
- 602-613 Entrepreneurial innovation and economic growth
by Grossmann, Volker
- 614-620 Child labor, education aid, and economic growth
by Kitaura, Koji
- 621-632 On the determinants of currency crises: The role of model uncertainty
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Slacik, Tomas
- 633-653 Bonds with transactions service and optimal Ramsey policy
by Hu, Yifan & Kam, Timothy
- 654-667 The role of demography in the long-run Yen/USD real exchange rate appreciation
by Aloy, Marcel & Gente, Karine
- 668-684 Endogenous imitation and endogenous growth in a North-South model: A theoretical analysis
by Mondal, Debasis & Ranjan Gupta, Manash
- 685-698 Which price level to target? Strategic delegation in a sticky price and wage economy
by Givens, Gregory E.
- 699-707 Capital/Labor substitution, capital deepening, and FDI
by Antony, Jürgen
- 708-720 Monetary policy and the exchange rate: Evidence from a two-country model
by Voss, G.M. & Willard, L.B.
- 721-729 The C-CAPM without ex post data
by Söderlind, Paul
- 730-734 The stabilization bias and robust monetary policy delegation
by Tillmann, Peter
2009, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 363-375 Technological change and the roaring twenties: A neoclassical perspective
by Harrison, Sharon & Weder, Mark
- 376-393 Aggregate returns to social capital: Estimates based on the augmented augmented-Solow model
by Ishise, Hirokazu & Sawada, Yasuyuki
- 394-408 Wealth and the capitalist spirit
by Francis, Johanna L.
- 409-422 Openness and growth: The long shadow of the Berlin Wall
by Buch, Claudia M. & Toubal, Farid
- 423-437 Growth, welfare and transitional dynamics in an endogenously growing economy with abatement labor
by Chen, Jhy-hwa & Shieh, Jhy-yuan & Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong
- 438-463 Balanced budget vs. Tax smoothing in a small open economy: A welfare comparison
by Angyridis, Constantine
- 464-472 Micro-foundation for a constant elasticity of substitution production function through mechanization
by Nakamura, Hideki
- 473-484 China's monetary policy: Quantity versus price rules
by Zhang, Wenlang
- 485-491 Openness, income-tax progressivity, and inflation
by Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D.
- 492-499 A note on public debt, tax-exempt bonds, and Ponzi games
by Wigger, Berthold U.
- 500-507 The effects of exchange rate uncertainty on exports
by Rahman, Sajjadur & Serletis, Apostolos
2009, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 217-230 Prudent monetary policy and prediction of the output gap
by van der Ploeg, Frederick
- 231-239 Technology shocks and hours worked: Checking for robust conclusions
by Whelan, Karl T.
- 240-251 Are the Fed's inflation forecasts still superior to the private sector's?
by Gamber, Edward N. & Smith, Julie K.
- 252-267 Macroeconomic effects of shocks to public employment
by Linnemann, Ludger
- 268-289 The price puzzle revisited: Can the cost channel explain a rise in inflation after a monetary policy shock?
by Henzel, Steffen & Hülsewig, Oliver & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershäuser, Timo
- 290-303 Accounting for productivity: Is it OK to assume that the world is Cobb-Douglas?
by Aiyar, Shekhar & Dalgaard, Carl-Johan
- 304-319 Threshold effects in monetary and fiscal policies in a growth model: Assessing the importance of the financial system
by Minea, Alexandru & Villieu, Patrick
- 320-332 Effects of product and labor market regulation on macroeconomic outcomes
by Zanetti, Francesco
- 333-344 Money supply, macroeconomic stability, and the implementation of interest rate targets
by Schabert, Andreas
- 345-361 In search of robust monetary policy rules - Should the Fed look at money growth or stock market performance?
by Mandler, Martin
2009, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-4 Editorial introduction: Advances in historical macroeconomics
by Diebolt, Claude
- 5-28 The long-run determinants of UK wages, 1860-2004
by Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F.
- 29-34 Comment on "The long-run determinants of UK wages, 1860-2004"
by Nielsen, Heino Bohn
- 35-57 Stock markets and business cycle comovement in Germany before World War I: Evidence from spectral analysis
by Uebele, Martin & Ritschl, Albrecht
- 58-67 Comment on "Stock markets and business cycle comovement in Germany before world war I: Evidence from spectral analysis"
by Metz, Rainer
- 68-93 From Malthus to Solow: How did the Malthusian economy really evolve?
by Crafts, Nicholas & Mills, Terence C.
- 94-97 Comment on "From Malthus to Solow: How did the Malthusian economy really evolve?"
by Craig, Lee
- 98-127 Spatial persistence of demographic shocks and economic growth
by Azomahou, Théophile & Diebolt, Claude & Mishra, Tapas
- 128-131 Comment on "Spatial persistence of demographic shocks and economic growth"
by Jaoul-Grammare, Magali
- 132-148 Demographic change and economic growth in Sweden: 1750-2050
by de la Croix, David & Lindh, Thomas & Malmberg, Bo
- 149-152 Comment on "Demographic change and economic growth in Sweden: 1750-2050"
by Doliger, Cédric
- 153-166 The uncertain unit root in real GNP: A re-examination
by Darné, Olivier
- 167-172 Comment on "The uncertain unit root in real GNP: A re-examination"
by Mishra, Tapas
- 173-190 US economic growth in the gilded age
by Field, Alexander J.
- 191-199 Comment on "US Economic growth in the gilded age"
by Demeulemeester, Jean-Luc
- 200-211 Modelling non-linear comovements between time series
by Kyrtsou, Catherine & Vorlow, Costas
- 212-215 Comment on "Modelling nonlinear comovements between time series"
by Mizrach, Bruce
2008, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 1335-1346 Why doesn't Luxembourg send all its capital to India?
by Taub, Bart & Zhao, Rui
- 1347-1369 Overconfidence and consumption over the life cycle
by Caliendo, Frank & Huang, Kevin X.D.
- 1370-1389 Optimal information acquisition and monetary policy
by Cone, Thomas E.
- 1390-1406 On using relative prices to measure capital-specific technological progress
by Marquis, Milton H. & Trehan, Bharat
- 1407-1422 Health and infrastructure in a model of endogenous growth
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard
- 1423-1445 Endogenous mortality, human capital and economic growth
by Osang, Thomas & Sarkar, Jayanta
- 1446-1467 The effect of labor market monopsony on economic growth
by Barr, Tavis & Roy, Udayan
- 1468-1478 Sustained output growth under uncertainty: A simple model with human capital
by Varvarigos, Dimitrios
- 1479-1495 Public consumption composition in a growing economy
by Censolo, Roberto & Colombo, Caterina
- 1496-1519 Utility and production externalities, equilibrium efficiency and leisure specification
by Gomez Suarez, Manuel A.
- 1520-1549 The link between institutions, technical change and macroeconomic volatility
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Groenewold, Nicolaas & Leung, Charles Ka Yui
- 1550-1568 Efficiency, depth and growth: Quantitative implications of finance and growth theory
by Trew, Alex
- 1569-1586 The productivity paradox and the new economy: The Spanish case
by Martínez, Diego & Rodríguez, Jesús & Torres, José L.
- 1587-1601 Human capital aggregation and relative wages across countries
by Pandey, Manish
- 1602-1616 Addressing causality in the effect of capital account liberalization on growth
by Honig, Adam
- 1617-1640 Asset booms and fat tails in East Asia: Symmetric or asymmetric risks?
by Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro
- 1641-1650 The nonlinear dynamic relationship of exchange rates: Parametric and nonparametric causality testing
by Bekiros, Stelios D. & Diks, Cees G.H.
- 1651-1672 Communication and exchange rate policy
by Fratzscher, Marcel
- 1673-1687 Currency interdependence and dollarization
by Dutu, Richard
- 1688-1711 Evaluating currency crises: A Bayesian Markov switching approach
by Mouratidis, Kostas
- 1712-1722 Fixed exchange rate credibility with heterogeneous expectations
by Carlson, John A. & Valev, Naven
- 1723-1737 Scarce collateral and bank reserves
by Faig, Miquel & Gagnon, Gregory
- 1738-1755 Monetary policy and the transmission of oil shocks
by Bachmeier, Lance
- 1756-1791 The effect of monetary policy on output in EMU3: A sign restriction approach
by Rafiq, M.S. & Mallick, S.K.
- 1792-1815 The long-run Phillips curve and non-stationary inflation
by Russell, Bill & Banerjee, Anindya
- 1816-1836 Reexamining the permanent income hypothesis with uncertainty in permanent and transitory innovation states
by Huang, Yu-Lieh & Huang, Chao-Hsi & Kuan, Chung-Ming
2008, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 801-816 On the observational (non)equivalence of money growth and interest rate rules
by Auray, Stéphane & Fève, Patrick
- 817-843 Labour markets and firm-specific capital in New Keynesian general equilibrium models
by Nolan, Charles & Thoenissen, Christoph
- 844-872 Can mortality risk explain the consumption hump?
by Feigenbaum, James
- 873-884 Some foundations for multiplicative habits models
by Hiraguchi, Ryoji
- 885-905 On asymmetric business cycles and the effectiveness of counter-cyclical fiscal policies
by Magud, Nicolas E.
- 906-927 Empirical comparison of sticky price and sticky information models
by Korenok, Oleg
- 928-940 Alternative measures of marginal cost and inflation in estimations of new Keynesian inflation dynamics
by Gwin, Carl R. & VanHoose, David D.
- 941-964 "Leaning with the wind"? An open-economy example
by Guender, Alfred V.
- 965-976 Structural change and lag length in VAR models
by Thoma, Mark
- 977-990 Monetary policy and the US housing market: A VAR analysis imposing sign restrictions
by Vargas-Silva, Carlos
- 991-1004 Interdependencies of US manufacturing sectoral TFPs: A spatial VAR approach
by Neusser, Klaus
- 1005-1028 The economic effects of fiscal policy: The case of Spain
by de Castro, Francisco & Hernández de Cos, Pablo
- 1029-1042 Goods market arbitrage and real exchange rate volatility
by Lee, Inkoo
- 1043-1063 Exchange rate strategies towards the euro-zone for new EU member states with currency boards
by Katsimi, Margarita
- 1064-1084 Monetary policy rules and the exchange rate
by Berger, Wolfram
- 1085-1096 Velocity of money, equilibrium (in)determinacy and endogenous growth
by Chen, Shu-Hua & Guo, Jang-Ting
- 1097-1103 Neoclassical growth and the "trivial" steady state
by Hakenes, Hendrik & Irmen, Andreas
- 1104-1123 Indeterminacy in a two-sector endogenous growth model with productive government spending
by Hu, Yunfang & Ohdoi, Ryoji & Shimomura, Koji
- 1124-1147 Population growth in a model of economic growth with human capital accumulation and horizontal R&D
by Bucci, Alberto
- 1148-1172 Growth leaders
by Etro, Federico
- 1173-1187 Per-capita income gaps across US states and Canadian provinces
by Basher, Syed A. & Lagerlöf, Nils-Petter
- 1188-1206 A rise by any other name? Sensitivity of growth regressions to data source
by Hanousek, Jan & Hajkova, Dana & Filer, Randall K.
- 1207-1221 Do bank-based financial systems reduce macroeconomic volatility by smoothing interest rates?
by Scharler, Johann
- 1222-1245 Limited enforcement and the organization of production
by Quintin, Erwan
- 1246-1268 Structural breaks and consumer credit: Is consumption smoothing finally a reality?
by Brady, Ryan R.
- 1269-1284 Foreign aid, domestic capital accumulation, and foreign borrowing
by Cui, Xiaoyong & Gong, Liutang
- 1285-1301 Corruption and saving in a panel of countries
by us Swaleheen, Mushfiq
- 1302-1322 Stability analysis of the Grossman-Helpman model of endogenous product cycles
by Mondal, Debasis
- 1323-1328 On the role of public debt in an OLG model with endogenous labor supply
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel
- 1329-1334 Do factor shares reflect technology?
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
2008, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 599-600 Editorial introduction The CES production function in the theory and empirics of economic growth
by Klump, Rainer & Papageorgiou, Chris
- 601-603 Introduction
by Solow, Robert M.
- 604-629 The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution: Two examples
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 630-632 Comment on: "The role of factor substitution in the theory of economic growth and income distribution"
by Pitchford, John