Journal of Macroeconomics
2012, Volume 34, Issue 3
2012, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 253-263 Interpreting the evidence for New Keynesian models of inflation dynamics
by Nymoen, Ragnar & Swensen, Anders Rygh & Tveter, Eivind
- 264-280 Fiscal sustainability and demographics – Should we save or work more?
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 281-293 The changing macroeconomic response to stock market volatility shocks
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo
- 294-303 The calibration of CES production functions
by Temple, Jonathan
- 304-317 An overhaul of Federal Reserve doctrine: Nominal income and the Great Moderation
by Hendrickson, Joshua R.
- 318-325 Robust monetary policy in a model with financial distress
by Gerke, Rafael & Hammermann, Felix & Lewis, Vivien
- 326-341 Monetary information and monetary policy decisions: Evidence from the euroarea and the UK
by Chevapatrakul, Thanaset & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Mizen, Paul
- 342-361 Estimating monetary policy reaction functions using quantile regressions
by Wolters, Maik H.
- 362-379 The impact of economic news on expected changes in monetary policy
by Lapp, John S. & Pearce, Douglas K.
- 380-390 An empirical investigation of the Taylor curve
by Olson, Eric & Enders, Walter & Wohar, Mark E.
- 391-403 Inflation targets and endogenous wage markups in a New Keynesian model
by Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio & Acocella, Nicola
- 404-418 Asymmetric response to monetary policy surprises at the long-end of the yield curve
by Demiralp, Selva & Yılmaz, Kamil
- 419-428 Explaining inflation-gap persistence by a time-varying Taylor rule
by Conrad, Christian & Eife, Thomas A.
- 429-440 Credit cycles and corporate investment: Direct tests using survey data on banks’ lending practices
by Madsen, Jakob B. & Carrington, Sarah J.
- 441-453 The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models
by Dávila, Julio
- 454-469 Equilibrium unemployment-inequality correlation
by Cysne, Rubens Penha & Turchick, David
- 470-488 Crisis and recovery: Role of the exchange rate regime in emerging market economies
by Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 489-503 Credit buildups and the stock market in four East Asian economies
by Kim, Jong Hun & Rousseau, Peter L.
- 504-522 Fiscal policy reforms in general equilibrium: The case of Greece
by Papageorgiou, Dimitris
- 523-536 The impacts of regime-switching structures and fat-tailed characteristics on the relationship between inflation and inflation uncertainty
by Chang, Kuang-Liang
- 537-552 Desperately seeking the positive impact of undervaluation on growth
by Nouira, Ridha & Sekkat, Khalid
- 553-566 Information contagion within small worlds and changes in kurtosis and volatility in financial prices
by Bowden, Mark P.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 2-10 Has macro progressed?
by Fair, Ray C.
- 11-22 What have central bankers learned from modern macroeconomic theory?
by Howitt, Peter
- 23-28 Macro has progressed
by Kozicki, Sharon
- 29-41 Economics and reality
by Uhlig, Harald
- 42-58 Nonlinearities in growth: From evidence to policy
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan B. & Durlauf, Steven N. & Rondina, Giacomo
- 59-75 Money, reserves, and the transmission of monetary policy: Does the money multiplier exist?
by Carpenter, Seth & Demiralp, Selva
- 76-86 The limited usefulness of macroeconomic Bayesian VARs when estimating the probability of a US recession
by Österholm, Pär
- 87-94 Banking and the role of money in the business cycle
by Zanetti, Francesco
- 95-111 Money and risk in a DSGE framework: A Bayesian application to the Eurozone
by Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André
- 112-125 Forecasting US recessions with various risk factors and dynamic probit models
by Ng, Eric C.Y.
- 126-146 Monetary policy and stock-price dynamics in a DSGE framework
by Nisticò, Salvatore
- 147-166 Monetary policy rules in an OLG model with non-superneutral money
by von Thadden, Leopold
- 167-180 Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series: A reappraisal
by Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier
- 181-198 Factor shares, the price markup, and the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor
by Raurich, Xavier & Sala, Hector & Sorolla, Valeri
- 199-222 Labor market frictions and the international propagation mechanism
by Patureau, Lise
- 223-238 VECM estimations of the PPP reversion rate revisited: The conventional role of relative price adjustment restored
by Kim, Hyeongwoo
- 239-252 The relationship between trade openness and government size: Does disaggregating government expenditure matter?
by Benarroch, Michael & Pandey, Manish
2011, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 491-510 On the time allocation of married couples since 1960
by Bar, Michael & Leukhina, Oksana
- 511-523 Organizational capital and the international co-movement of investment
by Johri, Alok & Letendre, Marc-André & Luo, Daqing
- 524-541 Using inflation to erode the US public debt
by Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy
- 542-552 What explains consumption in the very short-run? Evidence from checking account data
by Fusaro, Marc Anthony & Dutkowsky, Donald H.
- 553-567 Cost-based Phillips Curve forecasts of inflation
by Mazumder, Sandeep
- 568-581 Noisy information, interest rate shocks and the Great Moderation
by Mayer, Eric & Scharler, Johann
- 582-594 Bootstrapping structural VARs: Avoiding a potential bias in confidence intervals for impulse response functions
by Phillips, Kerk L. & Spencer, David E.
- 595-606 The optimal choice of central bank independence and conservatism under uncertainty
by Hefeker, Carsten & Zimmer, Blandine
- 607-619 Inflation and real sectoral output shares: Dynamic panel model evidence from seven OECD countries
by Davis, George K. & Hineline, David & Kanago, Bryce E.
- 620-633 Forward-looking monetary policy and anticipated shocks to inflation
by Kapinos, Pavel
- 634-643 Sectoral labor adjustment and monetary policy in a small open economy
by Shi, Kang
- 644-655 Formal targets, central bank independence and inflation dynamics in the UK: A Markov-Switching approach
by Miles, William & Vijverberg, Chu-Ping
- 656-667 The payment mechanisms and liquidity effects
by Li, Yan & Carroll, Wayne
- 668-680 Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis
by Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng
- 681-689 Optimal size, optimal timing and optimal financing of an investment
by Sarkar, Sudipto
- 690-699 Patents and quality growth in OLG economy
by Sorek, Gilad
- 700-710 Capital controls and welfare
by Kitano, Shigeto
- 711-723 Heterogeneity and convergence of regional inflation (prices)
by Nagayasu, Jun
- 724-737 Modeling unemployment as an inventory: A multicointegration approach
by Demiralp, Berna & Gantt, Bonnie B. & Selover, David D.
- 738-753 Labour market programmes and the equity-efficiency trade-off
by Filges, Trine & Kennes, John & Larsen, Birthe & Tranæs, Torben
- 754-769 Are small employers more cyclically sensitive? Evidence from Brazil
by Cravo, Túlio A.
- 770-783 Foreign direct investment and business cycle co-movements: The panel data evidence
by Hsu, Chih-Chiang & Wu, Jyun-Yi & Yau, Ruey
- 784-792 Forecasting with real-time macroeconomic data: The ragged-edge problem and revisions
by Bouwman, Kees E. & Jacobs, Jan P.A.M.
- 793-806 Home bias, distribution services and determinants of real exchange rates
by Chaban, Maxym
- 807-818 Monetary policy rules in Central and Eastern European Countries: Does the exchange rate matter?
by Frömmel, Michael & Garabedian, Garo & Schobert, Franziska
- 819-827 Multiple equilibria arising from donor’s aid policy in economic development
by Kitaura, Koji & Ogawa, Hikaru & Yakita, Sayaka
September 2011, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 373-389 Jointly optimal monetary and fiscal policy rules under liquidity constraints
by Bi, Huixin & Kumhof, Michael
- 390-405 The money-age distribution: Empirical facts and the limits of three monetary models
by Heer, Burkhard & Maußner, Alfred & McNelis, Paul D.
- 406-419 Non-stationary inflation and panel estimates of United States short and long-run Phillips curves
by Russell, Bill
- 420-437 Geography, skills or both: What explains Fed watchers' forecast accuracy of US monetary policy?
by Berger, Helge & Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel
- 438-454 Knowledge appropriability, firm size, and growth
by Minniti, Antonio
- 455-464 On the impact of inflation on output growth: Does the level of inflation matter?
by López-Villavicencio, Antonia & Mignon, Valérie
- 465-476 The effects of human capital composition on technological convergence
by Ang, James B. & Madsen, Jakob B. & Rabiul Islam, Md.
- 477-489 Business cycle synchronization and the Euro: A wavelet analysis
by Aguiar-Conraria, LuIÂ´s & Joana Soares, Maria
June 2011, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 121-136 Understanding the dynamics of labor shares and inflation
by Lawless, Martina & Whelan, Karl T.
- 137-150 The global dimension to fiscal sustainability
by Byrne, Joseph P. & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald
- 151-161 On the welfare costs of misspecified monetary policy objectives
by Avouyi-Dovi, Sanvi & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume
- 162-175 Are bygones not bygones? Modeling price-level targeting with an escape clause and lessons from the gold standard
by Masson, Paul R. & Shukayev, Malik D.
- 176-192 The welfare implications of resource allocation policies under uncertainty: The case of public education spending
by Angelopoulos, Konstantinos & Malley, Jim & Philippopoulos, Apostolis
- 193-205 Inflation persistence and exchange rate regime: Implications for dynamic adjustment to shocks in a small open economy
by Kuralbayeva, Karlygash
- 206-223 Fiscal adjustments and asset price changes
by Tagkalakis, Athanasios
- 224-232 'Ex-ante' Taylor rules - Newly discovered evidence from the G7 countries
by Fendel, Ralf & Frenkel, Michael & Rülke, Jan-Christoph
- 233-246 Causality, real estate prices, and the current account
by Jinjarak, Yothin & Sheffrin, Steven M.
- 247-258 The dynamic welfare cost of seignorage tax and consumption tax in a neoclassical growth model with a cash-in-advance constraint
by Lu, Chia-Hui & Chen, Been-Lon & Hsu, Mei
- 259-275 An explanation for the price puzzle: Asymmetric information and expectation dynamics
by Tas, Bedri Kamil Onur
- 276-287 International intellectual property rights: Effects on growth, welfare and income inequality
by Chu, Angus C. & Peng, Shin-Kun
- 288-302 Nonlinearity and time-variation in the monetary model of exchange rates
by Junttila, Juha & Korhonen, Marko
- 303-312 Non-monotonic welfare dynamics in a growing economy
by Varvarigos, Dimitrios
- 313-326 The impact of the European Union fiscal rules on economic growth
by Castro, Vitor
- 327-340 Optimal monetary and audit policy with imperfect taxation
by Arbex, Marcelo & Turdaliev, Nurlan
- 341-357 The convergence of inflation rates in the EU-12 area: A distribution dynamics approach
by Cavallero, Alessandro
- 358-371 An empirical evaluation of China's monetary policies
by Fan, Longzhen & Yu, Yihong & Zhang, Chu
- 372-372 Erratum for Reinterpreting the Jones critique: A time series approach to testing and understanding idea driven growth models with transitional dynamics
by Sedgley, Norman
March 2011, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-3 Introduction to special issue: Macroeconomics with frictions
by King, Ian
- 4-13 On the welfare implications of restricting bankruptcy information
by Chen, Daphne & Corbae, Dean
- 14-32 Understanding the economic dynamics behind growth-inequality relationships
by Bandyopadhyay, Debasis & Tang, Xueli
- 33-41 Business cycle asymmetry via occasionally binding international borrowing constraints
by Li, Shuyun May & Dressler, Scott
- 42-60 Tax treatment of owner occupied housing and wealth inequality
by Cho, Sang-Wook (Stanley) & Francis, Johanna L.
- 61-79 An inter-temporal general equilibrium analysis of the Australian age pension means test
by Kudrna, George & Woodland, Alan
- 80-91 Implementing the Mortensen rule in a frictional labor market
by Julien, Benoit & Kennes, John & King, Ian Paul
- 92-101 Trade agreements, bargaining and economic growth
by Maoz, Yishay D. & Peled, Dan & Sarid, Assaf
- 102-120 Reconciling microeconomic and macroeconomic estimates of price stickiness
by Cagliarini, Adam & Robinson, Tim & Tran, Allen
December 2010, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 937-956 Balanced growth and the great ratios: New evidence for the US and UK
by Attfield, Cliff & Temple, Jonathan R.W.
- 957-967 Analyzing skilled and unskilled labor efficiencies in the US
by Unel, Bulent
- 968-981 Global slack and domestic inflation rates: A structural investigation for G-7 countries
by Milani, Fabio
- 982-992 The optimal neglect of inflation: An alternative interpretation of UK monetary policy during the "Great Moderation"
by Boinet, Virginie & Martin, Christopher
- 993-1007 A critical assessment of existing estimates of US core inflation
by Bermingham, Colin
- 1008-1013 The Fed's perceived Phillips curve: Evidence from individual FOMC forecasts
by Tillmann, Peter
- 1014-1024 Do Federal Reserve communications help predict federal funds target rate decisions?
by Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 1025-1040 Leisure externalities: Implications for growth and welfare
by Pintea, Mihaela I.
- 1041-1053 Technology catch-up and the role of institutions
by Manca, Fabio
- 1054-1066 Time-varying asymmetries in central bank preferences: The case of the ECB
by Ikeda, Taro
- 1067-1082 Capital taxation, long-run growth, and bequests
by Kunze, Lars
- 1083-1100 Sign and phase asymmetry: News, economic activity and the stock market
by Henry, Ólan & Olekalns, Nilss & Shields, Kalvinder
- 1101-1117 Real business cycles with Cournot competition and endogenous entry
by Colciago, Andrea & Etro, Federico
- 1118-1130 Understanding changes in exchange rate pass-through
by Takhtamanova, Yelena F.
- 1131-1142 Capital-labor substitution and balanced growth
by Mallick, Debdulal
- 1143-1154 Knife-edge conditions in the modeling of long-run growth regularities
by Growiec, Jakub
- 1155-1168 Reciprocity and downward wage rigidity
by Lin, Chung-Cheng & Yang, C.C.
- 1169-1177 Geographic price dispersion in retail markets: Evidence from micro-data
by Lee, Inkoo
- 1178-1183 The Ramsey model with AK technology and a bounded population growth rate
by Guerrini, Luca
September 2010, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 713-731 Whither the liquidity effect: The impact of Federal Reserve open market operations in recent years
by Judson, Ruth A. & Klee, Elizabeth
- 732-746 One nation under the fed? The asymmetric effects of US monetary policy and its implications for the United States as an optimal currency area
by Beckworth, David
- 747-765 The new Keynesian Phillips curve and the cyclicality of marginal cost
by Mazumder, Sandeep
- 766-781 When is a central bank governor replaced? Evidence based on a new data set
by Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de
- 782-796 Regime-switching monetary policy in Canada
by Lange, Ronald H.
- 797-815 Trend growth and optimal monetary policy
by Mattesini, Fabrizio & Nisticò, Salvatore
- 816-826 Labor market structures and the sacrifice ratio
by Bowdler, Christopher & Nunziata, Luca
- 827-837 Public infrastructures, public consumption, and welfare in a new-open-economy-macro model
by Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha
- 838-857 Are crises good for long-term growth? The role of political institutions
by Cavallo, Alberto F. & Cavallo, Eduardo A.
- 858-871 Foreign direct investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth
by Kottaridi, Constantina & Stengos, Thanasis
- 872-878 The Ramsey model with a bounded population growth rate
by Guerrini, Luca
- 879-891 The dynamic impacts of financial institutions on economic growth: Evidence from the European Union
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Hou, Han & Cheng, Su-Yin
- 892-905 Consumption effects of government purchases
by Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Asghar
- 906-920 Assessing the fit of small open economy DSGEs
by Matheson, Troy
- 921-935 Stabilization bias for a small open economy: The case of New Zealand
by Liu, Philip
June 2010, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 497-514 Growth and inequality in a small open economy
by Chen, Yu-chin & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 515-526 Resurrecting equilibria through cycles in an overlapping generations model of money
by Barnett, Richard C. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Bunzel, Helle
- 527-540 Do asymmetric central bank preferences help explain observed inflation outcomes?
by Doyle, Matthew & Falk, Barry
- 541-554 Private money as a competing medium of exchange
by Pingle, Mark & Mukhopadhyay, Sankar
- 555-570 Contracting models of the Phillips curve empirical estimates for middle-income countries
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal
- 571-583 Intermediate goods trade and exchange rate pass-through
by Shi, Kang & Xu, Juanyi
- 584-593 Intergenerational transfers and fertility: Trade-off between human capital and child labour
by Sugawara, Kouki
- 594-605 Taxes, mobile capital, and economic dynamics in a globalizing world
by Bretschger, Lucas
- 606-616 Public capital and distributional dynamics in a two-sector growth model
by Getachew, Yoseph Yilma
- 617-634 Optimal technology and development
by Moscoso Boedo, Hernan J.
- 635-640 The translog growth model
by Østbye, Stein
- 641-656 Growth and capital deepening since 1870: Is it all technological progress?
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 657-673 Health, infrastructure, environment and endogenous growth
by Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Barman, Trishita Ray
- 674-684 The demand for euros
by Arnold, Ivo J.M. & Roelands, Sebastian
- 685-691 Measuring comovement in the time-frequency space
by Rua, António
- 692-708 Flat tax reform: The Baltics 2000-2007
by Azacis, Helmuts & Gillman, Max
- 709-711 Endogenous growth, government debt and budgetary regimes: A Corrigendum
by Minea, Alexandru & Villieu, Patrick
March 2010, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-16 Global versus country-specific shocks and international business cycles
by Boileau, Martin & Normandin, Michel & Powo Fosso, Bruno
- 17-27 Estimating employment dynamics across occupations and sectors of industry
by Cörvers, Frank & Dupuy, Arnaud
- 28-34 Price resetting and inertia
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 35-44 Globalization and the sustainability of large current account imbalances: Size matters
by Aizenman, Joshua & Sun, Yi
- 45-54 Policy futures markets with multiple goals
by Jackson, Aaron L.
- 55-67 Policy games, policy neutrality and Tinbergen controllability under rational expectations
by Hallett, Andrew Hughes & Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni
- 68-89 Currency mismatch, openness and exchange rate regime choice
by Magud, Nicolas E.
- 90-102 One of the things we know that ain't so: Is US labor's share relatively stable?
by Young, Andrew T.
- 103-117 Reinterpreting the Jones critique: A time series approach to testing and understanding idea driven growth models with transitional dynamics
by Sedgley, Norman & Elmslie, Bruce
- 118-144 Credit market imperfections and the power of the financial accelerator: A theoretical and empirical investigation
by Cavalcanti, Marco Antonio F.H.
- 145-156 Leading indicator properties of US high-yield credit spreads
by Aslanidis, Nektarios & Cipollini, Andrea
- 157-168 Workfare, monitoring, and efficiency wages
by Holzner, Christian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin
- 169-184 Idiosyncratic labour income risk and aggregate consumption: An unobserved component approach
by Pozzi, Lorenzo
- 185-200 Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity
by Asano, Takao
- 201-217 Aggregate shock and monetary policy regimes
by Rhee, Hyuk-jae & Turdaliev, Nurlan
- 218-238 Why demand uncertainty curbs investment: Evidence from a panel of Italian manufacturing firms
by Bontempi, Maria Elena & Golinelli, Roberto & Parigi, Giuseppe
- 239-250 Inventory investment, global engagement, and financial constraints in the UK: Evidence from micro data
by Guariglia, Alessandra & Mateut, Simona
- 251-264 On the mechanics of trade-induced structural transformation
by Dessy, Sylvain & Mbiekop, Flaubert & Pallage, Stéphane
- 265-283 Bank mergers, branch networks and economic growth: Theory and evidence from Canada, 1889-1926
by Chu, Kam Hon
- 284-299 The response of Australian consumption to housing wealth
by Fisher, Lance A. & Otto, Glenn & Voss, Graham M.
- 300-313 Exports and foreign direct investments in an endogenous-entry model with real and nominal uncertainty
by Cavallari, Lilia
- 314-325 Is health capital formation good for long-term economic growth? - Panel Granger-causality evidence for OECD countries
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 326-337 Carrying cost of money and real effects of denomination structure
by Lee, Manjong
- 338-346 Taxation, corruption and the exchange rate regime
by Carsten Hefeker
- 347-365 The duration of economic expansions and recessions: More than duration dependence
by Castro, Vítor
- 366-377 Wicksell's Classical Dichotomy: Is the natural rate of interest independent of the money rate of interest?
by Beenstock, Michael & Ilek, Alex
- 378-391 Overnight monetary policy in the United States: Active or interest-rate smoothing?
by Kia, Amir
- 392-404 What can Taylor rules say about monetary policy in Latin America?
by Moura, Marcelo L. & de Carvalho, Alexandre
- 405-414 Relative price convergence among US cities: Does the choice of numeraire city matter?
by Chmelarova, Viera & Nath, Hiranya K.
- 415-425 Consumption home bias and exchange rate behavior
by Cooke, Dudley
- 426-442 Inflation persistence in the Franc zone: Evidence from disaggregated prices
by Coleman, Simeon
- 443-456 Declining labor shares and bargaining power: An institutional explanation
by Bental, Benjamin & Demougin, Dominique
- 457-468 Research, technological change and financial liberalization in South Korea
by Ang, James B.
- 469-475 News and households' subjective macroeconomic expectations
by Easaw, Joshy & Ghoshray, Atanu
- 476-491 Distortionary taxation and interest rate policy
by Kurozumi, Takushi
- 492-496 Capital investment and unemployment in Europe: Neutrality or not?
by Driver, Ciaran & Muñoz-Bugarin, Jair
December 2009, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 509-522 The investment tax credit and irreversible investment
by Altug, Sumru & Demers, Fanny S. & Demers, Michel
- 523-533 A reputation strategic model of monetary policy in continuous-time
by Li, Jingyuan & Liu, Yongming & Tian, Guoqiang
- 534-546 How monetary policy committees impact the volatility of policy rates
by Farvaque, Etienne & Matsueda, Norimichi & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume
- 547-560 Monetary policy and the transition costs of a labor market reform
by Aguiar, Alvaro & Ribeiro, Ana Paula
- 561-571 New Keynesian Phillips Curves and potential identification failures: A Generalized Empirical Likelihood analysis
by Martins, Luis F. & Gabriel, Vasco J.
- 572-581 Intergenerational transfers of time and public long-term care with an aging population
by Mizushima, Atsue
- 582-590 A politico-economic analysis of the European Union's R&D policy
by Chu, Angus C.
- 591-601 A revisit to the non-linear mean reversion of real exchange rates: Evidence from a series-specific non-linear panel unit-root test
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun
- 602-613 Entrepreneurial innovation and economic growth
by Grossmann, Volker
- 614-620 Child labor, education aid, and economic growth
by Kitaura, Koji
- 621-632 On the determinants of currency crises: The role of model uncertainty
by Crespo Cuaresma, Jesús & Slacik, Tomas
- 633-653 Bonds with transactions service and optimal Ramsey policy
by Hu, Yifan & Kam, Timothy