June 2008, Volume 66, Issue 2-3
May 2008, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-7 How to be an ecological economist
by Faber, Malte
- 8-13 A comment on "Economy-wide estimates of the implications of climate change: Human health"
by Ackerman, Frank & Stanton, Elizabeth A.
- 14-15 Economy-wide estimates of the implications of climate change - a rejoinder
by Bosello, Francesco & Roson, Roberto & Tol, Richard S.J.
- 16-22 Integrated hydro-economic modelling: Approaches, key issues and future research directions
by Brouwer, Roy & Hofkes, Marjan
- 23-37 Efficiency, equity, and sustainability in a water quantity-quality optimization model in the Rio Grande basin
by Ward, Frank A. & Pulido-Velázquez, Manuel
- 38-50 Substitution between water and other agricultural inputs: Implications for water conservation in a River Basin context
by Cai, Ximing & Ringler, Claudia & You, Jiing-Yun
- 51-65 Hydro-economic river basin modelling: The application of a holistic surface-groundwater model to assess opportunity costs of water use in Spain
by Pulido-Velazquez, Manuel & Andreu, Joaquin & Sahuquillo, Andrés & Pulido-Velazquez, David
- 66-76 Integrated ecological-economic modelling of water pollution abatement management options in the Upper Ems River Basin
by Volk, Martin & Hirschfeld, Jesko & Dehnhardt, Alexandra & Schmidt, Gerd & Bohn, Carsten & Liersch, Stefan & Gassman, Philip W.
- 77-90 Integrated hydrodynamic and economic modelling of flood damage in the Netherlands
by Jonkman, S.N. & Bockarjova, M. & Kok, M. & Bernardini, P.
- 91-104 Bayesian belief networks as a meta-modelling tool in integrated river basin management -- Pros and cons in evaluating nutrient abatement decisions under uncertainty in a Norwegian river basin
by Barton, D.N. & Saloranta, T. & Moe, S.J. & Eggestad, H.O. & Kuikka, S.
- 105-116 Integrated water and economic modelling of the impacts of water market instruments on the South African economy
by van Heerden, Jan H. & Blignaut, James & Horridge, Mark
- 117-126 The value of the high Aswan Dam to the Egyptian economy
by Strzepek, Kenneth M. & Yohe, Gary W. & Tol, Richard S.J. & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 127-140 General equilibrium modelling of the direct and indirect economic impacts of water quality improvements in the Netherlands at national and river basin scale
by Brouwer, Roy & Hofkes, Marjan & Linderhof, Vincent
- 141-152 The determinants of EST adoption by manufacturing plants in developing countries
by Luken, Ralph & Van Rompaey, Frank & Zigová, Katarina
- 153-160 What triggers environmental management and innovation? Empirical evidence for Germany
by Frondel, Manuel & Horbach, Jens & Rennings, Klaus
- 161-176 Poverty and resource dependence in rural India
by Narain, Urvashi & Gupta, Shreekant & van 't Veld, Klaas
- 177-183 The economics of biotechnology under ecosystem disruption
by Pemsl, Diemuth E. & Gutierrez, Andrew P. & Waibel, Hermann
- 184-192 Using choice experiments to assess smallholder farmers' preferences for pig breeding traits in different production systems in North-West Vietnam
by Roessler, Regina & Drucker, Adam G. & Scarpa, Riccardo & Markemann, André & Lemke, Ute & Thuy, Le T. & Valle Zárate, Anne
- 193-210 Trade-offs between conservation and socio-economic objectives in managing a tropical marine ecosystem
by Cheung, William W.L. & Sumaila, U. Rashid
- 211-212 Phillip Lawn, Frontier issues in ecological economics , Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2007) ISBN 978 1 84542 840 2 374 pp.
by Gowdy, John
- 212-212 ,Environmental valuation in developed countries .David Pearce, Editor, Case Studies, Edward Elgar (2006) ISBN-13:978 1 84064 147 9, 458 pages
by Lange, Glenn-Marie
- 213-214 Susanne Stoll-Kleemann and Martin Welp, Editors, Stakeholder Dialogues in Natural Resources Management Theory and Practice XXVIII, Springer Verlag (2006) ISBN 978-3-540-36916-5 386 p. 20 illus
by Wätzold, Frank
May 2008, Volume 65, Issue 4
- 663-674 Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues
by Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven
- 675-684 Selling two environmental services: In-kind payments for bird habitat and watershed protection in Los Negros, Bolivia
by Asquith, Nigel M. & Vargas, Maria Teresa & Wunder, Sven
- 685-698 Decentralized payments for environmental services: The cases of Pimampiro and PROFAFOR in Ecuador
by Wunder, Sven & Albán, Montserrat
- 699-711 China's sloping land conversion program: Institutional innovation or business as usual?
by Bennett, Michael T.
- 712-724 Payments for environmental services in Costa Rica
by Pagiola, Stefano
- 725-736 Paying for the hydrological services of Mexico's forests: Analysis, negotiations and results
by Muñoz-Piña, Carlos & Guevara, Alejandro & Torres, Juan Manuel & Braña, Josefina
- 737-752 Cost-effective design of agri-environmental payment programs: U.S. experience in theory and practice
by Claassen, Roger & Cattaneo, Andrea & Johansson, Robert
- 753-764 Agri-environmental policies in the EU and United States: A comparison
by Baylis, Kathy & Peplow, Stephen & Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo
- 765-775 Case study of agri-environmental payments: The United Kingdom
by Dobbs, Thomas L. & Pretty, Jules
- 776-787 The CAMPFIRE programme in Zimbabwe: Payments for wildlife services
by Frost, Peter G.H. & Bond, Ivan
- 788-798 The working for water programme: Evolution of a payments for ecosystem services mechanism that addresses both poverty and ecosystem service delivery in South Africa
by Turpie, J.K. & Marais, C. & Blignaut, J.N.
- 799-809 Payments for environmental services as an alternative to logging under weak property rights: The case of Indonesia
by Engel, Stefanie & Palmer, Charles
- 810-821 Asymmetric information and contract design for payments for environmental services
by Ferraro, Paul J.
- 822-833 Spatial targeting of payments for environmental services: A tool for boosting conservation benefits
by Wünscher, Tobias & Engel, Stefanie & Wunder, Sven
- 834-852 Taking stock: A comparative analysis of payments for environmental services programs in developed and developing countries
by Wunder, Sven & Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano
April 2008, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 441-447 Economists, value judgments, and climate change: A view from feminist economics
by Nelson, Julie A.
- 448-460 Ranking quality of life using subjective well-being data
by Moro, Mirko & Brereton, Finbarr & Ferreira, Susana & Clinch, J. Peter
- 461-470 World lines: A framework for exploring global pathways
by Raskin, Paul D.
- 471-487 Global patterns of socioeconomic biomass flows in the year 2000: A comprehensive assessment of supply, consumption and constraints
by Krausmann, Fridolin & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Gingrich, Simone & Lauk, Christian & Haberl, Helmut
- 488-497 Quantifying production-environment tradeoffs for grazing land management -- A case example from the Australian rangelands
by MacLeod, N.D. & McIvor, J.G.
- 498-507 The economic costs to fisheries because of marine sand mining in Ongjin Korea: Concepts, methods, and illustrative results
by Kim, Tae Goun & Grigalunas, Thomas A. & Han, Kyung-Nam
- 508-515 Climate change, irrigation, and Israeli agriculture: Will warming be harmful?
by Fleischer, Aliza & Lichtman, Ivgenia & Mendelsohn, Robert
- 516-530 The environmental effect of car-free housing: A case in Vienna
by Ornetzeder, Michael & Hertwich, Edgar G. & Hubacek, Klaus & Korytarova, Katarina & Haas, Willi
- 531-537 Do we ecologically model what we economically value?
by Stapleton, Lee M. & Garrod, Guy D.
- 538-546 The environmental performance of firms: The role of foreign ownership, training, and experience
by Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric
- 547-558 Is it wise to combine environmental and labour market policies? An analysis of a Swedish subsidy programme
by Forslund, Johanna & Samakovlis, Eva & Johansson, Maria Vredin
- 559-568 Bioeconomic modeling for control of weeds in natural environments
by Cacho, Oscar J. & Wise, Russell M. & Hester, Susan M. & Sinden, J.A.
- 569-573 Efficient decentralized fiscal and environmental policy: A dual purpose Henry George tax
by Kunce, Mitch & Shogren, Jason F.
- 574-589 Competitive politics, simplified heuristics, and preferences for public goods
by Schläpfer, Felix & Schmitt, Marcel & Roschewitz, Anna
- 590-601 Mixed forests and finance -- Methodological approaches
by Knoke, Thomas
- 602-615 Modeling population dynamics and economic growth as competing species: An application to CO2 global emissions
by Puliafito, Salvador Enrique & Puliafito, José Luis & Grand, Mariana Conte
- 616-625 Rural versus urban preferences for renewable energy developments
by Bergmann, Ariel & Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nick
- 626-635 Assessing information provision and respondent involvement effects on preferences
by Shapansky, Bradford & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, Peter C.
- 636-649 The rebound effect: Microeconomic definitions, limitations and extensions
by Sorrell, Steve & Dimitropoulos, John
- 650-661 A consumption-based approach to environmental Kuznets curves using the ecological footprint indicator
by Bagliani, Marco & Bravo, Giangiacomo & Dalmazzone, Silvana
April 2008, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 207-212 The fate of the tropical forest: Carbon or cattle?
by Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Potvin, Catherin & Sima, Philip
- 213-215 Is there a "true" diversity?
by Hoffmann, Sönke & Hoffmann, Andreas
- 216-224 The incremental cost principle and the conservation of globally important habitats: A critical examination
by Labbate, Gabriel
- 225-241 Developing post-normal technologies for sustainability
by Frame, Bob & Brown, Judy
- 242-252 Measuring resource inequalities: The concepts and methodology for an area-based Gini coefficient
by Druckman, A. & Jackson, T.
- 253-261 Environmental policy in the European Union: Fostering the development of pollution havens?
by Cave, Lisa A. & Blomquist, Glenn C.
- 262-265 Environmental innovation and the cost of pollution abatement revisited
by Bréchet, Thierry & Jouvet, Pierre-André
- 266-281 The need for combining IEA and IE tools: The potential effects of a global ban on PVC on climate change
by Kleijn, René & van der Voet, Ester & Udo de Haes, Helias A.
- 282-291 Valuing the potential economic impact of climate change on the Taiwan trout
by Tseng, Wei-Chun & Chen, Chi-Chung
- 292-303 Policy implications of potential conflicts between short-term and long-term efficiency in CO2 emissions abatement
by del Rio González, Pablo
- 304-314 Water allocation by social choice rules: The case of sequential rules
by Goetz, Renan U. & Martinez, Yolanda & Rodrigo, Jofre
- 315-324 Do differences in attitudes explain differences in national climate change policies?
by Tjernström, E. & Tietenberg, T.
- 325-335 Multi-attribute preference modelling and regional land-use planning
by Ananda, Jayanath & Herath, Gamini
- 336-347 Harvest and extinction in multi-species ecosystems
by Potts, Matthew D. & Vincent, Jeffrey R.
- 348-355 Estimating the economic benefits of acidic rock drainage clean up using cost shares
by Strong, Aaron & Flores, Nicholas E.
- 356-366 A cost-benefit analysis for the economic growth in China
by Wen, Zongguo & Chen, Jining
- 367-374 Does environmental quality influence health expenditures? Empirical evidence from a panel of selected OECD countries
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema
- 375-385 Carbon dioxide emission and income: A temporal analysis of cross-country distributional patterns
by Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda
- 386-396 Happiness, geography and the environment
by Brereton, Finbarr & Clinch, J. Peter & Ferreira, Susana
- 397-406 Natural vs. financial insurance in the management of public-good ecosystems
by Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgärtner, Stefan
- 407-419 Maximising sustainability of Dutch dairy farming systems for different stakeholders: A modelling approach
by van Calker, K.J. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Giesen, G.W.J. & Huirne, R.B.M.
- 420-431 An interdisciplinary model of soybean yield in the Amazon Basin: The climatic, edaphic, and economic determinants
by Vera-Diaz, Maria del Carmen & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Nepstad, Daniel C. & Schlesinger, Peter
- 432-440 Environmental productivity and Kuznets curve in India
by Managi, Shunsuke & Jena, Pradyot Ranjan
March 2008, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-12 Urban and rural attitudes toward municipal water controls: A study of a semi-arid region with limited water supplies
by Pumphrey, R. Gary & Edwards, Jeffrey A. & Becker, Klaus G.
- 13-23 From production-based to consumption-based national emission inventories
by Peters, Glen P.
- 24-34 A coevolutionary model for promoting agricultural sustainability
by Saifi, Basim & Drake, Lars
- 35-47 Estimating worldwide life satisfaction
by Abdallah, Saamah & Thompson, Sam & Marks, Nic
- 48-62 Confronting unfamiliarity with ecosystem functions: The case for an ecosystem service approach to environmental valuation with stated preference methods
by Barkmann, J. & Glenk, K. & Keil, A. & Leemhuis, C. & Dietrich, N. & Gerold, G. & Marggraf, R.
- 63-75 Use of system dynamics modelling in design of an environmental restoration banking institution
by Arquitt, Steve & Johnstone, Ron
- 76-86 Accounting for single and aggregated forest incomes: Application to public cork oak forests in Jerez (Spain) and Iteimia (Tunisia)
by Campos, Pablo & Daly-Hassen, Hamed & Oviedo, José L. & Ovando, Paola & Chebil, Ali
- 87-97 The costs and benefits of refuge requirements: The case of Bt cotton
by Frisvold, George B. & Reeves, Jeanne M.
- 98-110 Shadow prices of environmental outputs and production efficiency of household-level paper recycling units in Vietnam
by Van Ha, Nguyen & Kant, Shashi & Maclaren, Virginia
- 111-124 Agricultural intensification, irrigation and the environment in South Asia: Issues and policy options
by Alauddin, Mohammad & Quiggin, John
- 125-135 Eco-social analysis of an East African agro-pastoral system: Management of tsetse and bovine trypanosomiasis
by Baumgärtner, Johann & Gilioli, Gianni & Tikubet, Getachew & Gutierrez, Andrew Paul
- 136-144 Material implication of Chile's economic growth: Combining material flow accounting (MFA) and structural decomposition analysis (SDA)
by J., Pablo Muñoz & Hubacek, Klaus
- 145-154 What influences agricultural professionals' views towards organic agriculture?
by Wheeler, Sarah Ann
- 155-166 Economic valuation of environmental services sustained by water flows in the Yaqui River Delta
by Ojeda, Monica Ilija & Mayer, Alex S. & Solomon, Barry D.
- 167-176 Sustainability: The matter of time horizon and semantic closure
by Velasco, Horacio
- 177-186 Wood and industrialization: Evidence and hypotheses from the case of Spain, 1860-1935
by Iriarte-Goñi, Iñaki & Ayuda, Maria Isabel
- 187-201 Socio-ecological regime transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom
by Krausmann, Fridolin & Schandl, Heinz & Sieferle, Rolf Peter
- 202-203 Tim Robinson , Work, Leisure, and the Environment, The Vicious Circle of Overwork and Over Consumption, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham (2006) ISBN 1847201032 124 + 10 pp
by Røpke, Inge
February 2008, Volume 64, Issue 4
- 679-682 Two theoretical issues concerning the differential treatment of trading partners in alien species management
by Batabyal, Amitrajeet A.
- 683-689 Regulating coexistence in Europe: Beware of the domino-effect!
by Demont, Matty & Daems, Wim & Dillen, Koen & Mathijs, Erik & Sausse, Christophe & Tollens, Eric
- 690-700 Mining landscape: A cultural tourist opportunity or an environmental problem: The study case of the Cartagena-La Union Mining District (SE Spain)
by Conesa, Hector M. & Schulin, Rainer & Nowack, Bernd
- 701-715 Dynamic environmental performance analysis: A Malmquist index approach
by Kortelainen, Mika
- 716-728 Reconciling economic and biological modeling of migratory fish stocks: Optimal management of the Atlantic salmon fishery in the Baltic Sea
by Kulmala, Soile & Laukkanen, Marita & Michielsens, Catherine
- 729-740 Contingent valuation: A new perspective
by Schlapfer, Felix
- 741-751 Proposed changes to the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare: An application to Belgium
by Bleys, Brent
- 752-762 Implications of market orientation on the environmental transformation of industrial firms
by Gonzalez-Benito, Oscar & Gonzalez-Benito, Javier
- 763-769 Permanence discounting for land-based carbon sequestration
by Kim, Man-Keun & McCarl, Bruce A. & Murray, Brian C.
- 770-786 The sufficiency strategy: Would rich-world frugality lower environmental impact
by Alcott, Blake
- 787-797 Local environmental quality and life-satisfaction in Germany
by Rehdanz, Katrin & Maddison, David
- 798-807 Ecological footprint accounting in the life cycle assessment of products
by Huijbregts, Mark A.J. & Hellweg, Stefanie & Frischknecht, Rolf & Hungerbuhler, Konrad & Hendriks, A. Jan
- 808-819 Valuation of the ecosystem services: A psycho-cultural perspective
by Kumar, Manasi & Kumar, Pushpam
- 820-834 A systemic comparative assessment of the multifunctional performance of alternative olive systems in Spain within an AHP-extended framework
by Parra-Lopez, Carlos & Calatrava-Requena, Javier & de-Haro-Gimenez, Tomas
- 835-848 The future of farming: The value of ecosystem services in conventional and organic arable land. An experimental approach
by Sandhu, Harpinder S. & Wratten, Stephen D. & Cullen, Ross & Case, Brad
- 849-857 Optimum management and environmental protection in the aquaculture industry
by Leon-Santana, Miguel & Hernandez, Juan M.
- 858-866 The use of trade measures against illicit fishing: Economic and legal considerations
by Le Gallic, Bertrand
- 867-880 Environment, human development and economic growth
by Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore
- 881-892 Modelling conflicting objectives in the management of a mobile ecological resource: Red deer in the Scottish Highlands
by Smart, James C.R. & White, Piran C.L. & Termansen, Mette
- 893-911 Environmental impacts of China's WTO-accession
by Vennemo, Haakon & Aunan, Kristin & He, Jianwu & Hu, Tao & Li, Shantong & Rypd3al, Kristin
- 912-913 Inequality, Cooperation, and Environmental Sustainability, Jean-Marie Baland, Pranab Bardhan, Samuel Bowles, eds., 2007, Russell Sage Foundation, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, ISBN:978-0-691-12879-5, 357 pp
by Martinez-Alier, Joan
- 913-914 Tatsu Kambara, Christopher Howe and Edward Elgar, China and the global energy crisis , Development and Prospects for Chinas Oil and Natural Gas (2007) ISBN: 978 1 84542 966 9, 144 +XV pages
by Cornelius, Peter
- 914-915 Glenn-Marie Lange and Rashid Hassan , The Economics of Water Management in Southern Africa: An Environmental Accounting Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK (2006) ISBN 1-84376-472-5 296 pp
by Koundouri, Phoebe
- 915-916 Herman Scheer, Energy Autonomy , Earthscan (2007) 1844073556, 320 pp.
by Reibstein, Rick
January 2008, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 470-474 Measuring sustainable development -- Nation by nation
by Moran, Daniel D. & Wackernagel, Mathis & Kitzes, Justin A. & Goldfinger, Steven H. & Boutaud, Aurelien
- 475-483 Demographic pressure and natural resources conservation
by Timah, Emmanuel Ambe & Ajaga, Nji & Tita, Divine F. & Ntonga, Leonard M. & Bongsiysi, Irene B.
- 484-495 The importance of social learning and culture for sustainable water management
by Pahl-Wostl, Claudia & Tabara, David & Bouwen, Rene & Craps, Marc & Dewulf, Art & Mostert, Erik & Ridder, Dagmar & Taillieu, Tharsi
- 496-506 3-D Sustainability: An approach for priority setting in situation of conflicting interests towards a Sustainable Development
by Mauerhofer, Volker
- 507-516 From ecological footprint to ecological rent: An economic indicator for resource constraints
by Kratena, Kurt
- 517-520 Valuation of environmental goods: A shadow value perspective
by Diaz-Balteiro, Luis & Romero, Carlos
- 521-533 Learning teaching in the sustainability classroom
by Holden, Meg & Elverum, Duane & Nesbit, Susan & Robinson, John & Yen, Donald & Moore, Janet
- 534-541 An ambient tax approach to invasive species
by Jones, Kristin Roti & Corona, Joel P.
- 542-553 Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values
by Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim
- 554-558 Noah's Ark is full of common species attractive to humans: The case of boid snakes in zoos
by Maresova, Jana & Frynta, Daniel
- 559-574 Questioning the empirical basis of the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2: New evidence from a panel stationarity test robust to multiple breaks and cross-dependence
by Romero-Avila, Diego
- 575-585 The impact of the bird flu on public willingness to pay for the protection of migratory birds
by Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter & Sultanian, Elena
- 586-596 An empirical approach to ecosystem-based fishery management
by Sanchirico, James N. & Smith, Martin D. & Lipton, Douglas W.
- 597-602 Renewable resource management, user heterogeneity, and the scope for cooperation
by Erdlenbruch, Katrin & Tidball, Mabel & van Soest, Daan
- 603-610 A study on financial opportunity costs of growing local varieties of sorghum in Ethiopia: Implications for on-farm conservation policy
by Wale, Edilegnaw
- 611-624 An ecological economic simulation model for assessing fire and grazing management effects on mesquite rangelands in Texas
by Teague, W.R. & Grant, W.E. & Kreuter, U.P. & Diaz-Solis, H. & Dube, S. & Kothmann, M.M. & Pinchak, W.E. & Ansley, R.J.
- 625-633 Are there ENSO signals in the macroeconomy
by Berry, Brian J.L. & Okulicz-Kozaryn, Adam
- 634-642 Investing in natural capital as management strategy in fisheries: The case of the Baltic Sea cod fishery
by Doring, Ralf & Egelkraut, Thorsten M.
- 643-659 Corporate environmental disclosure, financial markets and the media: An international perspective
by Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel
- 660-672 Lessons from the polder: Energy tax design in The Netherlands from a climate change perspective
by Vollebergh, Herman R.J.
- 673-674 Scarcity and growth revisited, natural resources and the environment in the new millennium
by Victor, Peter A.
- 674-675 Joint production and responsibility in ecological economics: On the foundations of economic policy
by Norgaard, Richard
- 675-676 Towards a thermodynamic theory for ecological systems
by Ruth, Matthias
- 676-677 Weathering risk in rural Mexico: Climatic, institutional, and economic change
by Solis, Daniel
December 2007, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 239-244 The dangers of extended, but incomplete, accounting for measures of economic performance in a world of imperfect knowledge
by Common, Mick
- 245-252 Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits
by Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K.
- 253-260 Ecosystem services and dis-services to agriculture
by Zhang, Wei & Ricketts, Taylor H. & Kremen, Claire & Carney, Karen & Swinton, Scott M.
- 261-268 Ecological services to and from rangelands of the United States
by Havstad, Kris M. & Peters, Debra P.C. & Skaggs, Rhonda & Brown, Joel & Bestelmeyer, Brandon & Fredrickson, Ed & Herrick, Jeffrey & Wright, Jack
- 269-285 Soil biota, ecosystem services and land productivity
by Barrios, Edmundo
- 286-296 Measures of the effects of agricultural practices on ecosystem services
by Dale, Virginia H. & Polasky, Stephen
- 297-304 Jointness in production and farmers' willingness to supply non-marketed ecosystem services
by Wossink, Ada & Swinton, Scott M.
- 305-312 Estimation of forest values using choice modeling: An application to Spanish forests
by Brey, Raul & Riera, Pere & Mogas, Joan
- 313-320 Valuing deer hunting ecosystem services from farm landscapes
by Knoche, Scott & Lupi, Frank
- 321-332 An assessment of market-based approaches to providing ecosystem services on agricultural lands
by Kroeger, Timm & Casey, Frank
- 333-343 Institutional incentives for managing the landscape: Inducing cooperation for the production of ecosystem services
by Goldman, Rebecca L. & Thompson, Barton H. & Daily, Gretchen C.
- 344-355 Spatial incentives to coordinate contiguous habitat
by Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 356-373 Ecosystem services, agriculture, and rural poverty in the Eastern Brazilian Amazon: Interrelationships and policy prescriptions
by Borner, Jan & Mendoza, Arisbe & Vosti, Stephen A.
- 374-385 Paying for the environmental services of silvopastoral practices in Nicaragua
by Pagiola, Stefano & Ramirez, Elias & Gobbi, Jose & de Haan, Cees & Ibrahim, Muhammad & Murgueitio, Enrique & Ruiz, Juan Pablo
- 387-401 Simulating soil fertility and poverty dynamics in Uganda: A bio-economic multi-agent systems approach
by Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas & Aune, Jens B.
- 402-410 Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint
by White, Thomas J.
- 411-422 Defining viable recovery paths toward sustainable fisheries
by Martinet, Vincent & Thebaud, Olivier & Doyen, Luc
- 423-432 Measuring transnational leakage of forest conservation
by Gan, Jianbang & McCarl, Bruce A.
- 433-443 The effect of experience and quantity-based pricing on the valuation of a curbside recycling program
by Bohara, Alok K. & Caplan, Arthur J. & Grijalva, Therese
- 444-453 The material basis of the global economy: Worldwide patterns of natural resource extraction and their implications for sustainable resource use policies
by Behrens, Arno & Giljum, Stefan & Kovanda, Jan & Niza, Samuel
- 454-462 Valuing ecosystem services: A shadow price for net primary production
by Richmond, Amy & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Myneni, Ranga B.
- 463-464 Response: Letter to the Editor by David South
by South, David B. & Radcliffe, Samuel J.
October 2007, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 9-11 The importance of social capital: Comparing the impacts of the 2004 Asian Tsunami on Sri Lanka, and Hurricane Katrina 2005 on New Orleans
by Munasinghe, Mohan
- 12-18 Patent disclosure requirements and benefit sharing: A counterfactual case of Morocco's argan oil
by Lybbert, Travis J.
- 19-24 Aggregation (in-)variance of shared responsibility: A case study of Australia
by Lenzen, Manfred
- 25-35 Land conservation and tenure security in Kenya: Boserup's hypothesis revisited
by Kabubo-Mariara, Jane
- 36-46 Local community reaction to the `no-take' policy on fishing in the Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa
by Faasen, Helena & Watts, Scotney
- 47-60 Integrating science and local knowledge in environmental risk management: A decision-focused approach
by Failing, L. & Gregory, R. & Harstone, M.
- 61-69 A science-driven market-based instrument for determining the cost of environmental services: A comparison of two catchments in Australia
by Lowell, Kim & Drohan, Jon & Hajek, Charles & Beverly, Craig & Lee, Mark
- 70-81 Evaluating flood risk management options in Scotland: A participant-led multi-criteria approach
by Kenyon, Wendy
- 82-91 A landscape approach for assessing the biodiversity value of indigenous forest remnants: Case study of the Manawatu/Wanganui region of New Zealand
by Dymond, John R. & Ausseil, Anne-Gaelle & Shepherd, James D. & Janssen, Helmut
- 92-102 Measuring national economic performance without using prices
by Common, Mick
- 103-108 A step beside the maximin path: Can we sustain the economy by following Hartwick's investment rule?
by Martinet, Vincent
- 109-118 The water footprint of coffee and tea consumption in the Netherlands
by Chapagain, A.K. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 119-130 An environmental performance index for products reflecting damage costs
by Munksgaard, Jesper & Christoffersen, Line Block & Keiding, Hans & Pedersen, Ole Gravgard & Jensen, Trine S.
- 131-142 Economic implications of inalienable and communal native title: The case of Wik forestry in Australia
by Venn, Tyron J.
- 143-151 The water footprints of Morocco and the Netherlands: Global water use as a result of domestic consumption of agricultural commodities
by Hoekstra, Arjen Y. & Chapagain, Ashok K.
- 152-162 Using Monte Carlo analysis to investigate the relationship between overconsumption and uncertain access to one's personal utility function
by Courard-Hauri, David
- 163-180 Well-being and/or quality of life in EU countries through a multidimensional index of sustainability
by Distaso, Alba
- 181-185 Bioeconomic analysis of herpetofauna road-kills in a Florida state park
by Shwiff, Stephanie A. & Smith, Henry T. & Engeman, Richard M. & Barry, Robert M. & Rossmanith, Robin J. & Nelson, Mark
- 186-193 The transition to an oil contraction economy
by Bazhanov, Andrei V.
- 194-203 Policy options for afforestation in Flanders
by Moons, Ellen & Rousseau, Sandra
- 204-215 The environmental Kuznets curve when the environment exhibits hysteresis
by Ranjan, Ram & Shortle, James
- 216-223 The employment effects of sustainable development policies
by McNeill, Judith M. & Williams, Jeremy B.
- 224-232 Diagram for a small planet: The Production and Ecosystem Possibilities Curve
by Haight, Alan Day
- 233-234 Emilio F. Moran and Elinor Ostrom, Editors, Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Human-Environment Interactions in Forest Ecosystems, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2005) ISBN 0-262-13453-5 442 pp.
by Wilmsen, Carl
- 234-235 W. Douglass Shaw, Water Resource Economics and Policy: An Introduction, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK (2005) ISBN 1-84376-917-4 364 pp.
by Koundouri, Phoebe
- 235-237 National environmental accounting: Bridging the gap between ecology and economy, Joy E. Hecht, RFF Press, 2005, ISBN: 1891853945, 240 pages
by Lange, Glenn-Marie
September 2007, Volume 63, Issue 4
- 637-638 Sustainability and benefit-cost analysis: Theoretical assessments and policy options
by Gowdy, John M. & Howarth, Richard B.
- 639-648 Ecological sustainability in policy assessments: A wide-angle view and a close watch
by Iovanna, Richard & Newbold, Stephen C.
- 649-655 Toward an experimental foundation for benefit-cost analysis
by Gowdy, John M.
- 656-663 Towards an operational sustainability criterion
by Howarth, Richard B.
- 664-675 Ecology and valuation: Big changes needed
by Norton, Bryan G. & Noonan, Douglas
- 676-683 Environmental regulations and the problem of sustainability: Moving beyond "market failure"
by Bromley, Daniel W.