2008, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 253-261 Environmental policy in the European Union: Fostering the development of pollution havens?
by Cave, Lisa A. & Blomquist, Glenn C.
- 262-265 Environmental innovation and the cost of pollution abatement revisited
by Bréchet, Thierry & Jouvet, Pierre-André
- 266-281 The need for combining IEA and IE tools: The potential effects of a global ban on PVC on climate change
by Kleijn, René & van der Voet, Ester & Udo de Haes, Helias A.
- 282-291 Valuing the potential economic impact of climate change on the Taiwan trout
by Tseng, Wei-Chun & Chen, Chi-Chung
- 292-303 Policy implications of potential conflicts between short-term and long-term efficiency in CO2 emissions abatement
by del Rio González, Pablo
- 304-314 Water allocation by social choice rules: The case of sequential rules
by Goetz, Renan U. & Martinez, Yolanda & Rodrigo, Jofre
- 315-324 Do differences in attitudes explain differences in national climate change policies?
by Tjernström, E. & Tietenberg, T.
- 325-335 Multi-attribute preference modelling and regional land-use planning
by Ananda, Jayanath & Herath, Gamini
- 336-347 Harvest and extinction in multi-species ecosystems
by Potts, Matthew D. & Vincent, Jeffrey R.
- 348-355 Estimating the economic benefits of acidic rock drainage clean up using cost shares
by Strong, Aaron & Flores, Nicholas E.
- 356-366 A cost-benefit analysis for the economic growth in China
by Wen, Zongguo & Chen, Jining
- 367-374 Does environmental quality influence health expenditures? Empirical evidence from a panel of selected OECD countries
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema
- 375-385 Carbon dioxide emission and income: A temporal analysis of cross-country distributional patterns
by Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda
- 386-396 Happiness, geography and the environment
by Brereton, Finbarr & Clinch, J. Peter & Ferreira, Susana
- 397-406 Natural vs. financial insurance in the management of public-good ecosystems
by Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgärtner, Stefan
- 407-419 Maximising sustainability of Dutch dairy farming systems for different stakeholders: A modelling approach
by van Calker, K.J. & Berentsen, P.B.M. & Giesen, G.W.J. & Huirne, R.B.M.
- 420-431 An interdisciplinary model of soybean yield in the Amazon Basin: The climatic, edaphic, and economic determinants
by Vera-Diaz, Maria del Carmen & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Nepstad, Daniel C. & Schlesinger, Peter
- 432-440 Environmental productivity and Kuznets curve in India
by Managi, Shunsuke & Jena, Pradyot Ranjan
2008, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-12 Urban and rural attitudes toward municipal water controls: A study of a semi-arid region with limited water supplies
by Pumphrey, R. Gary & Edwards, Jeffrey A. & Becker, Klaus G.
- 13-23 From production-based to consumption-based national emission inventories
by Peters, Glen P.
- 24-34 A coevolutionary model for promoting agricultural sustainability
by Saifi, Basim & Drake, Lars
- 35-47 Estimating worldwide life satisfaction
by Abdallah, Saamah & Thompson, Sam & Marks, Nic
- 48-62 Confronting unfamiliarity with ecosystem functions: The case for an ecosystem service approach to environmental valuation with stated preference methods
by Barkmann, J. & Glenk, K. & Keil, A. & Leemhuis, C. & Dietrich, N. & Gerold, G. & Marggraf, R.
- 63-75 Use of system dynamics modelling in design of an environmental restoration banking institution
by Arquitt, Steve & Johnstone, Ron
- 76-86 Accounting for single and aggregated forest incomes: Application to public cork oak forests in Jerez (Spain) and Iteimia (Tunisia)
by Campos, Pablo & Daly-Hassen, Hamed & Oviedo, José L. & Ovando, Paola & Chebil, Ali
- 87-97 The costs and benefits of refuge requirements: The case of Bt cotton
by Frisvold, George B. & Reeves, Jeanne M.
- 98-110 Shadow prices of environmental outputs and production efficiency of household-level paper recycling units in Vietnam
by Van Ha, Nguyen & Kant, Shashi & Maclaren, Virginia
- 111-124 Agricultural intensification, irrigation and the environment in South Asia: Issues and policy options
by Alauddin, Mohammad & Quiggin, John
- 125-135 Eco-social analysis of an East African agro-pastoral system: Management of tsetse and bovine trypanosomiasis
by Baumgärtner, Johann & Gilioli, Gianni & Tikubet, Getachew & Gutierrez, Andrew Paul
- 136-144 Material implication of Chile's economic growth: Combining material flow accounting (MFA) and structural decomposition analysis (SDA)
by J., Pablo Muñoz & Hubacek, Klaus
- 145-154 What influences agricultural professionals' views towards organic agriculture?
by Wheeler, Sarah Ann
- 155-166 Economic valuation of environmental services sustained by water flows in the Yaqui River Delta
by Ojeda, Monica Ilija & Mayer, Alex S. & Solomon, Barry D.
- 167-176 Sustainability: The matter of time horizon and semantic closure
by Velasco, Horacio
- 177-186 Wood and industrialization: Evidence and hypotheses from the case of Spain, 1860-1935
by Iriarte-Goñi, Iñaki & Ayuda, Maria Isabel
- 187-201 Socio-ecological regime transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom
by Krausmann, Fridolin & Schandl, Heinz & Sieferle, Rolf Peter
- 202-203 Tim Robinson , Work, Leisure, and the Environment, The Vicious Circle of Overwork and Over Consumption, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham (2006) ISBN 1847201032 124 + 10 pp
by Røpke, Inge
2008, Volume 64, Issue 4
- 679-682 Two theoretical issues concerning the differential treatment of trading partners in alien species management
by Batabyal, Amitrajeet A.
- 683-689 Regulating coexistence in Europe: Beware of the domino-effect!
by Demont, Matty & Daems, Wim & Dillen, Koen & Mathijs, Erik & Sausse, Christophe & Tollens, Eric
- 690-700 Mining landscape: A cultural tourist opportunity or an environmental problem: The study case of the Cartagena-La Union Mining District (SE Spain)
by Conesa, Hector M. & Schulin, Rainer & Nowack, Bernd
- 701-715 Dynamic environmental performance analysis: A Malmquist index approach
by Kortelainen, Mika
- 716-728 Reconciling economic and biological modeling of migratory fish stocks: Optimal management of the Atlantic salmon fishery in the Baltic Sea
by Kulmala, Soile & Laukkanen, Marita & Michielsens, Catherine
- 729-740 Contingent valuation: A new perspective
by Schlapfer, Felix
- 741-751 Proposed changes to the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare: An application to Belgium
by Bleys, Brent
- 752-762 Implications of market orientation on the environmental transformation of industrial firms
by Gonzalez-Benito, Oscar & Gonzalez-Benito, Javier
- 763-769 Permanence discounting for land-based carbon sequestration
by Kim, Man-Keun & McCarl, Bruce A. & Murray, Brian C.
- 770-786 The sufficiency strategy: Would rich-world frugality lower environmental impact
by Alcott, Blake
- 787-797 Local environmental quality and life-satisfaction in Germany
by Rehdanz, Katrin & Maddison, David
- 798-807 Ecological footprint accounting in the life cycle assessment of products
by Huijbregts, Mark A.J. & Hellweg, Stefanie & Frischknecht, Rolf & Hungerbuhler, Konrad & Hendriks, A. Jan
- 808-819 Valuation of the ecosystem services: A psycho-cultural perspective
by Kumar, Manasi & Kumar, Pushpam
- 820-834 A systemic comparative assessment of the multifunctional performance of alternative olive systems in Spain within an AHP-extended framework
by Parra-Lopez, Carlos & Calatrava-Requena, Javier & de-Haro-Gimenez, Tomas
- 835-848 The future of farming: The value of ecosystem services in conventional and organic arable land. An experimental approach
by Sandhu, Harpinder S. & Wratten, Stephen D. & Cullen, Ross & Case, Brad
- 849-857 Optimum management and environmental protection in the aquaculture industry
by Leon-Santana, Miguel & Hernandez, Juan M.
- 858-866 The use of trade measures against illicit fishing: Economic and legal considerations
by Le Gallic, Bertrand
- 867-880 Environment, human development and economic growth
by Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore
- 881-892 Modelling conflicting objectives in the management of a mobile ecological resource: Red deer in the Scottish Highlands
by Smart, James C.R. & White, Piran C.L. & Termansen, Mette
- 893-911 Environmental impacts of China's WTO-accession
by Vennemo, Haakon & Aunan, Kristin & He, Jianwu & Hu, Tao & Li, Shantong & Rypd3al, Kristin
- 912-913 Inequality, Cooperation, and Environmental Sustainability, Jean-Marie Baland, Pranab Bardhan, Samuel Bowles, eds., 2007, Russell Sage Foundation, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, ISBN:978-0-691-12879-5, 357 pp
by Martinez-Alier, Joan
- 913-914 Tatsu Kambara, Christopher Howe and Edward Elgar, China and the global energy crisis , Development and Prospects for Chinas Oil and Natural Gas (2007) ISBN: 978 1 84542 966 9, 144 +XV pages
by Cornelius, Peter
- 914-915 Glenn-Marie Lange and Rashid Hassan , The Economics of Water Management in Southern Africa: An Environmental Accounting Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK (2006) ISBN 1-84376-472-5 296 pp
by Koundouri, Phoebe
- 915-916 Herman Scheer, Energy Autonomy , Earthscan (2007) 1844073556, 320 pp.
by Reibstein, Rick
2008, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 470-474 Measuring sustainable development -- Nation by nation
by Moran, Daniel D. & Wackernagel, Mathis & Kitzes, Justin A. & Goldfinger, Steven H. & Boutaud, Aurelien
- 475-483 Demographic pressure and natural resources conservation
by Timah, Emmanuel Ambe & Ajaga, Nji & Tita, Divine F. & Ntonga, Leonard M. & Bongsiysi, Irene B.
- 484-495 The importance of social learning and culture for sustainable water management
by Pahl-Wostl, Claudia & Tabara, David & Bouwen, Rene & Craps, Marc & Dewulf, Art & Mostert, Erik & Ridder, Dagmar & Taillieu, Tharsi
- 496-506 3-D Sustainability: An approach for priority setting in situation of conflicting interests towards a Sustainable Development
by Mauerhofer, Volker
- 507-516 From ecological footprint to ecological rent: An economic indicator for resource constraints
by Kratena, Kurt
- 517-520 Valuation of environmental goods: A shadow value perspective
by Diaz-Balteiro, Luis & Romero, Carlos
- 521-533 Learning teaching in the sustainability classroom
by Holden, Meg & Elverum, Duane & Nesbit, Susan & Robinson, John & Yen, Donald & Moore, Janet
- 534-541 An ambient tax approach to invasive species
by Jones, Kristin Roti & Corona, Joel P.
- 542-553 Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values
by Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim
- 554-558 Noah's Ark is full of common species attractive to humans: The case of boid snakes in zoos
by Maresova, Jana & Frynta, Daniel
- 559-574 Questioning the empirical basis of the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2: New evidence from a panel stationarity test robust to multiple breaks and cross-dependence
by Romero-Avila, Diego
- 575-585 The impact of the bird flu on public willingness to pay for the protection of migratory birds
by Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter & Sultanian, Elena
- 586-596 An empirical approach to ecosystem-based fishery management
by Sanchirico, James N. & Smith, Martin D. & Lipton, Douglas W.
- 597-602 Renewable resource management, user heterogeneity, and the scope for cooperation
by Erdlenbruch, Katrin & Tidball, Mabel & van Soest, Daan
- 603-610 A study on financial opportunity costs of growing local varieties of sorghum in Ethiopia: Implications for on-farm conservation policy
by Wale, Edilegnaw
- 611-624 An ecological economic simulation model for assessing fire and grazing management effects on mesquite rangelands in Texas
by Teague, W.R. & Grant, W.E. & Kreuter, U.P. & Diaz-Solis, H. & Dube, S. & Kothmann, M.M. & Pinchak, W.E. & Ansley, R.J.
- 625-633 Are there ENSO signals in the macroeconomy
by Berry, Brian J.L. & Okulicz-Kozaryn, Adam
- 634-642 Investing in natural capital as management strategy in fisheries: The case of the Baltic Sea cod fishery
by Doring, Ralf & Egelkraut, Thorsten M.
- 643-659 Corporate environmental disclosure, financial markets and the media: An international perspective
by Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel
- 660-672 Lessons from the polder: Energy tax design in The Netherlands from a climate change perspective
by Vollebergh, Herman R.J.
- 673-674 Scarcity and growth revisited, natural resources and the environment in the new millennium
by Victor, Peter A.
- 674-675 Joint production and responsibility in ecological economics: On the foundations of economic policy
by Norgaard, Richard
- 675-676 Towards a thermodynamic theory for ecological systems
by Ruth, Matthias
- 676-677 Weathering risk in rural Mexico: Climatic, institutional, and economic change
by Solis, Daniel
2007, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 239-244 The dangers of extended, but incomplete, accounting for measures of economic performance in a world of imperfect knowledge
by Common, Mick
- 245-252 Ecosystem services and agriculture: Cultivating agricultural ecosystems for diverse benefits
by Swinton, Scott M. & Lupi, Frank & Robertson, G. Philip & Hamilton, Stephen K.
- 253-260 Ecosystem services and dis-services to agriculture
by Zhang, Wei & Ricketts, Taylor H. & Kremen, Claire & Carney, Karen & Swinton, Scott M.
- 261-268 Ecological services to and from rangelands of the United States
by Havstad, Kris M. & Peters, Debra P.C. & Skaggs, Rhonda & Brown, Joel & Bestelmeyer, Brandon & Fredrickson, Ed & Herrick, Jeffrey & Wright, Jack
- 269-285 Soil biota, ecosystem services and land productivity
by Barrios, Edmundo
- 286-296 Measures of the effects of agricultural practices on ecosystem services
by Dale, Virginia H. & Polasky, Stephen
- 297-304 Jointness in production and farmers' willingness to supply non-marketed ecosystem services
by Wossink, Ada & Swinton, Scott M.
- 305-312 Estimation of forest values using choice modeling: An application to Spanish forests
by Brey, Raul & Riera, Pere & Mogas, Joan
- 313-320 Valuing deer hunting ecosystem services from farm landscapes
by Knoche, Scott & Lupi, Frank
- 321-332 An assessment of market-based approaches to providing ecosystem services on agricultural lands
by Kroeger, Timm & Casey, Frank
- 333-343 Institutional incentives for managing the landscape: Inducing cooperation for the production of ecosystem services
by Goldman, Rebecca L. & Thompson, Barton H. & Daily, Gretchen C.
- 344-355 Spatial incentives to coordinate contiguous habitat
by Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 356-373 Ecosystem services, agriculture, and rural poverty in the Eastern Brazilian Amazon: Interrelationships and policy prescriptions
by Borner, Jan & Mendoza, Arisbe & Vosti, Stephen A.
- 374-385 Paying for the environmental services of silvopastoral practices in Nicaragua
by Pagiola, Stefano & Ramirez, Elias & Gobbi, Jose & de Haan, Cees & Ibrahim, Muhammad & Murgueitio, Enrique & Ruiz, Juan Pablo
- 387-401 Simulating soil fertility and poverty dynamics in Uganda: A bio-economic multi-agent systems approach
by Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas & Aune, Jens B.
- 402-410 Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint
by White, Thomas J.
- 411-422 Defining viable recovery paths toward sustainable fisheries
by Martinet, Vincent & Thebaud, Olivier & Doyen, Luc
- 423-432 Measuring transnational leakage of forest conservation
by Gan, Jianbang & McCarl, Bruce A.
- 433-443 The effect of experience and quantity-based pricing on the valuation of a curbside recycling program
by Bohara, Alok K. & Caplan, Arthur J. & Grijalva, Therese
- 444-453 The material basis of the global economy: Worldwide patterns of natural resource extraction and their implications for sustainable resource use policies
by Behrens, Arno & Giljum, Stefan & Kovanda, Jan & Niza, Samuel
- 454-462 Valuing ecosystem services: A shadow price for net primary production
by Richmond, Amy & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Myneni, Ranga B.
- 463-464 Response: Letter to the Editor by David South
by South, David B. & Radcliffe, Samuel J.
2007, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 9-11 The importance of social capital: Comparing the impacts of the 2004 Asian Tsunami on Sri Lanka, and Hurricane Katrina 2005 on New Orleans
by Munasinghe, Mohan
- 12-18 Patent disclosure requirements and benefit sharing: A counterfactual case of Morocco's argan oil
by Lybbert, Travis J.
- 19-24 Aggregation (in-)variance of shared responsibility: A case study of Australia
by Lenzen, Manfred
- 25-35 Land conservation and tenure security in Kenya: Boserup's hypothesis revisited
by Kabubo-Mariara, Jane
- 36-46 Local community reaction to the `no-take' policy on fishing in the Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa
by Faasen, Helena & Watts, Scotney
- 47-60 Integrating science and local knowledge in environmental risk management: A decision-focused approach
by Failing, L. & Gregory, R. & Harstone, M.
- 61-69 A science-driven market-based instrument for determining the cost of environmental services: A comparison of two catchments in Australia
by Lowell, Kim & Drohan, Jon & Hajek, Charles & Beverly, Craig & Lee, Mark
- 70-81 Evaluating flood risk management options in Scotland: A participant-led multi-criteria approach
by Kenyon, Wendy
- 82-91 A landscape approach for assessing the biodiversity value of indigenous forest remnants: Case study of the Manawatu/Wanganui region of New Zealand
by Dymond, John R. & Ausseil, Anne-Gaelle & Shepherd, James D. & Janssen, Helmut
- 92-102 Measuring national economic performance without using prices
by Common, Mick
- 103-108 A step beside the maximin path: Can we sustain the economy by following Hartwick's investment rule?
by Martinet, Vincent
- 109-118 The water footprint of coffee and tea consumption in the Netherlands
by Chapagain, A.K. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 119-130 An environmental performance index for products reflecting damage costs
by Munksgaard, Jesper & Christoffersen, Line Block & Keiding, Hans & Pedersen, Ole Gravgard & Jensen, Trine S.
- 131-142 Economic implications of inalienable and communal native title: The case of Wik forestry in Australia
by Venn, Tyron J.
- 143-151 The water footprints of Morocco and the Netherlands: Global water use as a result of domestic consumption of agricultural commodities
by Hoekstra, Arjen Y. & Chapagain, Ashok K.
- 152-162 Using Monte Carlo analysis to investigate the relationship between overconsumption and uncertain access to one's personal utility function
by Courard-Hauri, David
- 163-180 Well-being and/or quality of life in EU countries through a multidimensional index of sustainability
by Distaso, Alba
- 181-185 Bioeconomic analysis of herpetofauna road-kills in a Florida state park
by Shwiff, Stephanie A. & Smith, Henry T. & Engeman, Richard M. & Barry, Robert M. & Rossmanith, Robin J. & Nelson, Mark
- 186-193 The transition to an oil contraction economy
by Bazhanov, Andrei V.
- 194-203 Policy options for afforestation in Flanders
by Moons, Ellen & Rousseau, Sandra
- 204-215 The environmental Kuznets curve when the environment exhibits hysteresis
by Ranjan, Ram & Shortle, James
- 216-223 The employment effects of sustainable development policies
by McNeill, Judith M. & Williams, Jeremy B.
- 224-232 Diagram for a small planet: The Production and Ecosystem Possibilities Curve
by Haight, Alan Day
- 233-234 Emilio F. Moran and Elinor Ostrom, Editors, Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Human-Environment Interactions in Forest Ecosystems, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2005) ISBN 0-262-13453-5 442 pp.
by Wilmsen, Carl
- 234-235 W. Douglass Shaw, Water Resource Economics and Policy: An Introduction, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK (2005) ISBN 1-84376-917-4 364 pp.
by Koundouri, Phoebe
- 235-237 National environmental accounting: Bridging the gap between ecology and economy, Joy E. Hecht, RFF Press, 2005, ISBN: 1891853945, 240 pages
by Lange, Glenn-Marie
2007, Volume 63, Issue 4
- 637-638 Sustainability and benefit-cost analysis: Theoretical assessments and policy options
by Gowdy, John M. & Howarth, Richard B.
- 639-648 Ecological sustainability in policy assessments: A wide-angle view and a close watch
by Iovanna, Richard & Newbold, Stephen C.
- 649-655 Toward an experimental foundation for benefit-cost analysis
by Gowdy, John M.
- 656-663 Towards an operational sustainability criterion
by Howarth, Richard B.
- 664-675 Ecology and valuation: Big changes needed
by Norton, Bryan G. & Noonan, Douglas
- 676-683 Environmental regulations and the problem of sustainability: Moving beyond "market failure"
by Bromley, Daniel W.
- 684-689 Biased valuations, damage assessments, and policy choices: The choice of measure matters
by Knetsch, Jack L.
- 690-699 Deliberative monetary valuation (DMV): Issues in combining economic and political processes to value environmental change
by Spash, Clive L.
- 701-705 A stochastic model of an ecological-economic system with two keystone species
by Batabyal, Amitrajeet A.
- 706-713 The economics of climate change impacts a la Stern: Novel and nuanced or rhetorically restricted?
by Spash, Clive L.
- 714-721 Integrating ecosystem services into conservation assessments: A review
by Egoh, Benis & Rouget, Mathieu & Reyers, Belinda & Knight, Andrew T. & Cowling, Richard M. & van Jaarsveld, Albert S. & Welz, Adam
- 722-731 Sustainable energy prices and growth: Comparing macroeconomic and backcasting scenarios
by Ahlroth, Sofia & Hojer, Mattias
- 732-739 Green taxation and individual responsibility
by Ballet, Jerome & Bazin, Damien & Lioui, Abraham & Touahri, David
- 740-748 Participatory decision-making in land use planning: An application in Costa Rica
by Marchamalo, M. & Romero, C.
- 749-758 Technological change in energy systems: Learning curves, logistic curves and input-output coefficients
by Pan, Haoran & Kohler, Jonathan
- 759-767 Integrating environmental and economic performance to assess modern silvoarable agroforestry in Europe
by Palma, J. & Graves, A.R. & Burgess, P.J. & van der Werf, W. & Herzog, F.
- 768-775 Valuing the non-timber forest products in the Mediterranean region
by Croitoru, Lelia
- 776-785 Effect of market access on sharing practices within two Huaorani communities
by Franzen, Margaret & Eaves, James
- 786-798 Integrating the valuation of ecosystem services into the Input-Output economics of an Alpine region
by Gret-Regamey, Adrienne & Kytzia, Susanne
- 799-806 Impacts of EU carbon emission trade directive on energy-intensive industries -- Indicative micro-economic analyses
by Lund, Peter
- 807-814 Altruistic, egoistic and biospheric values in willingness to pay (WTP) for wildlife
by Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L.
- 815-827 Asymmetric information and uncertainty: The usefulness of logbooks as a regulation measure
by Jensen, Frank & Vestergaard, Niels
- 828-829 Thomas Princen, The Logic of Sufficiency, MIT Press (2005) ISBN 0-262-16232-6 401 pp.
by Hayden, Anders
- 829-830 Mick Common and Sigrid Stagl, Ecological Economics: An Introduction, Cambridge University Press (2005) 592 pages ISBN: 13: 9780521816458
by Stern, David I.
- 830-831 Bruce L. Hay, Robert N. Stavins and Richard H.K. Vietor, Editors, Environmental Protection and the Social Responsibility of Firms: Perspectives from Law, Economics, and Business, Resources for the Future Press (2005) ISBN 1-933115-03-3 240 pp.
by Howard-Grenville, Jennifer A.
- 831-832 Roy Brouwer and David Pearce, Editors, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Water Resources Management, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2005) ISBN 1843763591 (cased), 404 pp.
by Johnston, Robert J.
2007, Volume 63, Issue 2-3
- 249-253 Ecological economics of coastal disasters: Introduction to the special issue
by Costanza, Robert & Farley, Joshua
- 254-272 The coasts of our world: Ecological, economic and social importance
by Martinez, M.L. & Intralawan, A. & Vazquez, G. & Perez-Maqueo, O. & Sutton, P. & Landgrave, R.
- 273-284 Coastal disasters from the perspective of ecological economics
by Perez-Maqueo, O. & Intralawan, A. & Martinez, M.L.
- 285-298 Taxes, subsidies, and insurance as drivers of United States coastal development
by Bagstad, Kenneth J. & Stapleton, Kevin & D'Agostino, John R.
- 299-306 Distribution of impacts of natural disasters across income groups: A case study of New Orleans
by Masozera, Michel & Bailey, Melissa & Kerchner, Charles
- 307-318 Full-cost accounting of coastal disasters in the United States: Implications for planning and preparedness
by Gaddis, Erica Brown & Miles, Brian & Morse, Stephanie & Lewis, Debby
- 319-330 Principles for sustainable governance of the coastal zone: In the context of coastal disasters
by Duxbury, Jane & Dickinson, Sarah
- 331-343 Institutional development and scale matching in disaster response management
by Baker, Daniel & Refsgaard, Karen
- 344-354 Opening the policy window for ecological economics: Katrina as a focusing event
by Farley, Joshua & Baker, Daniel & Batker, David & Koliba, Christopher & Matteson, Richard & Mills, Russell & Pittman, James
- 355-364 The EROI of U.S. offshore energy extraction: A net energy analysis of the Gulf of Mexico
by Gately, Mark
- 365-373 The role of news media in natural disaster risk and recovery
by Miles, Brian & Morse, Stephanie
- 375-382 Deliberative economics: Kenneth E. Boulding Lecture delivered at the 9th Biennial Meeting of ISEE, December 2006, Delhi India
by Lecture, Kenneth E. & Norgaard, Richard B.
- 383-391 Towards an understanding of long-term ecosystem dynamics by merging socio-economic and environmental research: Criteria for long-term socio-ecological research sites selection
by Ohl, Cornelia & Krauze, Kinga & Grunbuhel, Clemens
- 392-402 Modelling water policies with sustainability constraints: A dynamic accounting analysis
by Fiorillo, Fabio & Palestrini, Antonio & Polidori, Paolo & Socci, Claudio
- 403-417 Informal regulation of pollution in a developing country: Evidence from India
by Kathuria, Vinish
- 418-426 Transdisciplinarity for social learning? The contribution of the German socio-ecological research initiative to sustainability governance
by Luks, Fred & Siebenhuner, Bernd
- 427-434 Biophysical assessments in evaluating industrial development: An experience from Taiwan freshwater aquaculture
by Ferng, Jiun-Jiun
- 435-445 Appropriation and concern for resource scarcity in the commons: An experimental study
by Oses-Eraso, Nuria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat
- 446-451 Contractual difficulties in environmental management: The case of wetland mitigation banking
by Hallwood, Paul
- 452-462 Synchronized deforestation induced by social learning under uncertainty of forest-use value
by Satake, Akiko & Janssen, Marco A. & Levin, Simon A. & Iwasa, Yoh
- 463-475 Case study on the use of genuine progress indicator to measure urban economic welfare in China
by Wen, Zongguo & Zhang, Kunmin & Du, Bin & Li, Yadong & Li, Wei
- 476-484 An empirical study of option prices for hunting permits
by Nguyen, To N. & Shaw, W. Douglass & Woodward, Richard T. & Paterson, Robert & Boyle, Kevin
- 485-498 Escaping the "polluter pays" trap: Financing wastewater treatment on the Tijuana-San Diego border
by Fischhendler, Itay
- 499-510 Learning from endangered and threatened species recovery programs: A case study using U.S. Endangered Species Act recovery scores
by Kerkvliet, Joe & Langpap, Christian
- 511-520 Valuation of ecotourism resources using a contingent valuation method: The case of the Korean DMZ
by Lee, Choong-Ki & W. Mjelde, James
- 521-535 The use of physical indicators for industrial energy demand scenarios
by Schenk, Niels J. & Moll, Henri C.
- 536-552 The determinants of individuals' attitudes towards preventing environmental damage
by Torgler, Benno & Garcia-Valinas, Maria A.
- 553-562 Improving resource exploitation via collective intelligence by assessing agents' impact on the community outcome
by Boschetti, Fabio
- 563-577 Trading away damage: Quantifying environmental leakage through consumption-based, life-cycle analysis
by Ghertner, D. Asher & Fripp, Matthias
- 578-587 Can capital markets respond to environmental policy of firms? Evidence from Greece
by Halkos, George & Sepetis, Anastasios
- 588-593 Impact of participatory forest management on financial assets of rural communities in Northwest Pakistan
by Ali, Tanvir & Ahmad, Munir & Shahbaz, Babar & Suleri, Abid
- 594-604 Assessing the threat of exotic plant pests
by Cook, David & Proctor, Wendy
- 605-615 Green for green: The perceived value of a quantitative change in the urban tree estate of New Zealand
by Vesely, Eva-Terezia
- 616-626 What are ecosystem services? The need for standardized environmental accounting units
by Boyd, James & Banzhaf, Spencer
- 627-632 Multiple-criteria decision analysis for integrated catchment management
by Prato, Tony & Herath, Gamini
- 632-633 Mohan Munasinghe and Rob Swart, Primer on Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Facts, Policy Analysis and Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2005) ISBN 0521008883 xii and 445 pp.
by Common, Mick
- 634-635 The business of global environmental governance, David L. Levy and Peter J. Newell (eds.), Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 2005, ISBN 0-262-12270-7 (hardcover), 02-262-62188-6 (paperback), 360 pages
by Prakash, Aseem
- 635-636 Sustaining agriculture and the rural environment, Floor Brouwer (editor), Edward Elgar Publishing Ldt., 2004, ISBN: 1843762560, 384 pages
by Pimentel, David
- 632-634 Emissions trading for climate policy -- US and European perspectives. Bernd Hansjurgens (ed.), Cambridge University Press. 2005. ISBN-13 978-0-521-84872-5. 245 pp
by Tol, Richard S.J.
2007, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-8 Measuring the immeasurable -- A survey of sustainability indices
by Bohringer, Christoph & Jochem, Patrick E.P.
- 9-21 Managing complex adaptive systems -- A co-evolutionary perspective on natural resource management
by Rammel, Christian & Stagl, Sigrid & Wilfing, Harald
- 22-30 Valuing nature: From environmental impacts to natural capital
by Azqueta, Diego & Sotelsek, Daniel