April 2010, Volume 69, Issue 6
- 1355-1363 Property rights in UK uplands and the implications for policy and management
by Quinn, C.H. & Fraser, E.D.G. & Hubacek, K. & Reed, M.S.
March 2010, Volume 69, Issue 5
- 931-936 Facilitating the transition to a steady-state economy: Some macroeconomic fundamentals
by Lawn, Philip
- 937-943 The art of the cognitive war to save the planet
by Antal, Miklós & Hukkinen, Janne I.
- 944-951 Pig genetic resource conservation: The Southern African perspective
by Halimani, T.E. & Muchadeyi, F.C. & Chimonyo, M. & Dzama, K.
- 952-961 Climate change, economics and Buddhism -- Part I: An integrated environmental analysis framework
by Daniels, Peter L.
- 962-972 Climate change, economics and Buddhism -- Part 2: New views and practices for sustainable world economies
by Daniels, Peter L.
- 973-977 Boulding's welfare approach of communicative deliberation
by Kesting, Stefan
- 978-987 Can the concept of ecosystem services be practically applied to improve natural resource management decisions?
by Wainger, Lisa A. & King, Dennis M. & Mack, Richard N. & Price, Elizabeth W. & Maslin, Thomas
- 988-998 Consistent and unbiased carbon dioxide emission multipliers: Performance of Danish emission reductions via external trade
by Rueda-Cantuche, José M. & Amores, Antonio F.
- 999-1009 Water and poverty in rural China: Developing an instrument to assess the multiple dimensions of water and poverty
by Cohen, Alasdair & Sullivan, Caroline A.
- 1010-1022 Testing different types of benefit transfer in valuation of ecosystem services: New Zealand winegrowing case studies
by Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio
- 1023-1030 A meta-analysis of contingent valuation forest studies
by Barrio, Melina & Loureiro, Maria L.
- 1031-1042 Reconfiguring an irrigation landscape to improve provision of ecosystem services
by Crossman, Neville D. & Connor, Jeffrey D. & Bryan, Brett A. & Summers, David M. & Ginnivan, John
- 1043-1050 Performance-based environmental index weights: Are all metrics created equal?
by Bellenger, Moriah J. & Herlihy, Alan T.
- 1051-1061 Valuing ecosystem services from wetlands restoration in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley
by Jenkins, W. Aaron & Murray, Brian C. & Kramer, Randall A. & Faulkner, Stephen P.
- 1062-1075 Empirical evaluation of agricultural sustainability using composite indicators
by Gómez-Limón, José A. & Sanchez-Fernandez, Gabriela
- 1076-1082 Triple win for trade in renewable resource goods by use of export taxes
by Flaaten, Ola & Schulz, Carl Erik
- 1083-1093 Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 in Canada
by He, Jie & Richard, Patrick
- 1094-1103 Institutional and ecological interplay for successful self-governance of community-based fisheries
by Basurto, Xavier & Coleman, Eric
- 1104-1114 Not irrational but habitual: The importance of "behavioural lock-in" in energy consumption
by Maréchal, Kevin
- 1115-1123 Detecting the 'conservation effect' on the maintenance of natural capital flow in different natural parks
by Petrosillo, Irene & Semeraro, Teodoro & Zurlini, Giovanni
- 1124-1139 Valuing quality changes in Caribbean coastal waters for heterogeneous beach visitors
by Beharry-Borg, Nesha & Scarpa, Riccardo
- 1140-1147 Assessing regional and global water footprints for the UK
by Yu, Yang & Hubacek, Klaus & Feng, Kuishuang & Guan, Dabo
- 1148-1158 Global patterns of materials use: A socioeconomic and geophysical analysis
by Steinberger, Julia K. & Krausmann, Fridolin & Eisenmenger, Nina
- 1159-1169 Robust Corporate Social Responsibility investment screening
by Van den Bossche, Filip & Rogge, Nicky & Devooght, Kurt & Van Puyenbroeck, Tom
- 1170-1175 An empirical assessment of U.S. state-level immigration and environmental emissions
by Squalli, Jay
- 1176-1186 One solution for cross-country transport-sustainability evaluation using a modified ELECTRE method
by Bojkovic, Natasa & Anic, Ivan & Pejcic-Tarle, Snezana
- 1187-1188 Geoffrey Heal, When principles pay: Corporate social responsibility and the bottom line , Columbia University Press (2008) ISBN 0231144008 288 pp
by Hoffman, Andrew J.
- 1188-1189 Institutions and Environmental Change: Principal Findings, Applications, and Research Frontiers, Edited by Oran R. Young, Leslie A. King, and Heike Schroeder, The MIT Press, 2008, ISBN 978-0-262-24057-4, Pp. i-xxi; 1-373
by Eggertsson, Thráinn
- 1189-1190 Nicholas Ashford and Charles Caldart , Environmental law, policy and economics: Reclaiming the environmental agenda, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press, Cambridge (2008)
by Reibstein, Rick
- 1190-1191 Tim Jackson , Prosperity without Growth: Economics for a Finite Planet, Earthscan, London (2009)
by Stern, David I.
February 2010, Volume 69, Issue 4
- 675-679 Economists, time to team up with the ecologists!
by Wam, Hilde Karine
- 680-689 A conservation industry for sustaining natural capital and ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes
by Yang, Wanhong & Bryan, Brett A. & MacDonald, Darla Hatton & Ward, John R. & Wells, Geoff & Crossman, Neville D. & Connor, Jeffrey D.
- 690-699 Coevolutionary ecological economics
by Kallis, Giorgos & Norgaard, Richard B.
- 700-706 Darwinian coevolution of organizations and the environment
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 707-717 Bridging ecological and social systems coevolution: A review and proposal
by Gual, Miguel A. & Norgaard, Richard B.
- 718-730 New evolutionary foundations: Theoretical requirements for a science of sustainability
by Waring, Timothy M.
- 731-736 Niche construction, co-evolution and biodiversity
by Laland, Kevin N. & Boogert, Neeltje J.
- 737-742 Coevolution, Symbiosis and Sociology
by Hird, Myra J.
- 743-752 Evolving power and environmental policy: Explaining institutional change with group selection
by Safarzynska, Karolina & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M.
- 753-761 The evolution of social and moral behavior: Evolutionary insights for public policy
by Manner, Mikko & Gowdy, John
- 762-769 Notes from the greenhouse world: A study in coevolution, planetary sustainability, and community structure
by Worden, Lee
- 770-778 A coevolutionary understanding of agroenvironmental change: A case-study of a rural community in Brazil
by Moreno-Peñaranda, Raquel & Kallis, Giorgos
- 779-795 The Buddha mushroom: Conservation behavior and the development of institutions in Bhutan
by Brooks, Jeremy S.
- 796-809 Coevolution in water resource development: The vicious cycle of water supply and demand in Athens, Greece
by Kallis, Giorgos
- 810-819 Measuring sustainable welfare: A new approach to the ISEW
by Beça, Pedro & Santos, Rui
- 820-827 Stream ecosystem service markets under no-net-loss regulation
by Doyle, Martin W. & Yates, Andrew J.
- 828-838 An ex ante ecological economic assessment of the benefits arising from marine protected areas designation in the UK
by Hussain, S. Salman & Winrow-Giffin, Alexandra & Moran, Dominic & Robinson, Leonie A. & Fofana, Abdulai & Paramor, Odette A.L. & Frid, Chris L.J.
- 839-847 Assessing the economic viability of alternative water resources in water-scarce regions: Combining economic valuation, cost-benefit analysis and discounting
by Birol, Ekin & Koundouri, Phoebe & Kountouris, Yiannis
- 848-856 What determines the inclusion in a sustainability stock index?: A panel data analysis for european firms
by Ziegler, Andreas & Schröder, Michael
- 857-867 Valuing cattle on mixed smallholdings in the Eastern Amazon
by Siegmund-Schultze, M. & Rischkowsky, B. & da Veiga, J.B. & King, J.M.
- 868-886 What is the role of openness for China's aggregate industrial SO2 emission?: A structural analysis based on the Divisia decomposition method
by He, Jie
- 887-894 Strategic importance of green water in international crop trade
by Aldaya, M.M. & Allan, J.A. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 895-904 The effect of Africanized honey bees on honey production in the United States: An informational approach
by Livanis, Grigorios & Moss, Charles B.
- 905-919 A further inquiry into the Pollution Haven Hypothesis and the Environmental Kuznets Curve
by Kearsley, Aaron & Riddel, Mary
- 920-929 International trade and Austria's livestock system: Direct and hidden carbon emission flows associated with production and consumption of products
by Gavrilova, Olga & Jonas, Matthias & Erb, Karlheinz & Haberl, Helmut
January 2010, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 445-450 What is sustainability economics?
by Baumgärtner, Stefan & Quaas, Martin
- 451-458 Private valuation of carbon sequestration in forest plantations
by Guitart, A. Bussoni & Rodriguez, L.C. Estraviz
- 459-468 Sustaining Human Carrying Capacity: A tool for regional sustainability assessment
by Graymore, M.L.M. & Sipe, Neil G. & Rickson, Roy E.
- 469-477 Analysis of the carbon sequestration costs of afforestation and reforestation agroforestry practices and the use of cost curves to evaluate their potential for implementation of climate change mitigation
by Torres, Arturo Balderas & Marchant, Rob & Lovett, Jon C. & Smart, James C.R. & Tipper, Richard
- 478-485 The ecological importance of species and the Noah's Ark problem
by Perry, Neil
- 486-494 The Four-Sector Diagram of Benefits (FSDOB) as a method for evaluating strategic interactions between humans and the environment: The case study of hydrogen fuel cell buses
by Giannantoni, Corrado & Zoli, Mariangela
- 495-501 The joint discourse 'reflexive sustainable development' -- From weak towards strong sustainable development
by Nilsen, Heidi Rapp
- 502-510 Conceptualising uncertainty in environmental decision-making: The example of the EU water framework directive
by Sigel, Katja & Klauer, Bernd & Pahl-Wostl, Claudia
- 511-518 Estimating land degradation risk for agriculture in Italy using an indirect approach
by Salvati, Luca & Carlucci, Margherita
- 519-527 Cost-effective management of invasive species using linear-quadratic control
by Blackwood, Julie & Hastings, Alan & Costello, Christopher
- 528-538 Heterogeneous preferences for water quality attributes: The Case of eutrophication in the Gulf of Finland, the Baltic Sea
by Kosenius, Anna-Kaisa
- 539-552 Regionalization of climatic factors and income indicators for milk production in Honduras
by Lentes, Peter & Peters, Michael & Holmann, Federico
- 553-561 Modelling regional markets for co-produced timber and biofuel
by Korobeinikov, A. & Read, P. & Parshotam, A. & Lermit, J.
- 562-568 The determination of optimal climate policy
by Aaheim, Asbjørn
- 569-578 Cost of potential emerald ash borer damage in U.S. communities, 2009-2019
by Kovacs, Kent F. & Haight, Robert G. & McCullough, Deborah G. & Mercader, Rodrigo J. & Siegert, Nathan W. & Liebhold, Andrew M.
- 579-591 Q methodology to select participants for a stakeholder dialogue on energy options from biomass in the Netherlands
by Cuppen, Eefje & Breukers, Sylvia & Hisschemöller, Matthijs & Bergsma, Emmy
- 592-602 Household income strategies and natural disasters: Dynamic livelihoods in rural Nicaragua
by van den Berg, Marrit
- 603-612 Externalities in an endogenous growth model with social and natural capital
by Roseta-Palma, Catarina & Ferreira-Lopes, Alexandra & Sequeira, Tiago Neves
- 613-622 Public participation and willingness to cooperate in common-pool resource management: A field experiment with fishing communities in Brazil
by Cavalcanti, Carina & Schläpfer, Felix & Schmid, Bernhard
- 623-631 Sulfur dioxide allowances: Trading and technological progress
by Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke
- 632-640 Invasive species and delaying the inevitable: Valuation evidence from a national survey
by McIntosh, Christopher R. & Shogren, Jason F. & Finnoff, David C.
- 641-650 On the non-convergence of energy intensities: Evidence from a pair-wise econometric approach
by Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît
- 651-657 Accounting for cultural heritage -- A theoretical and empirical exploration with focus on Swedish reindeer husbandry
by Bostedt, Göran & Lundgren, Tommy
- 658-665 The economics of global light pollution
by Gallaway, Terrel & Olsen, Reed N. & Mitchell, David M.
- 666-672 The cost of carbon abatement through community forest management in Nepal Himalaya
by Karky, Bhaskar Singh & Skutsch, Margaret
- 673-674 "Outliers: the story of success, Malcom Gladwell, 2008, Little, Brown and Company, ISBN: 0316017922, 320 pp"
by van den Belt, Marjan
December 2009, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 211-222 A review of recent multi-region input-output models used for consumption-based emission and resource accounting
by Wiedmann, Thomas
- 223-234 Political economy of climate change, ecological destruction and uneven development
by O'Hara, Phillip Anthony
- 235-243 How not to measure sustainable value (and how one might)
by Kuosmanen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Natalia
- 244-249 Not measuring sustainable value at all: A response to Kuosmanen and Kuosmanen
by Figge, Frank & Hahn, Tobias
- 250-259 Analyzing the global human appropriation of net primary production -- processes, trajectories, implications. An introduction
by Erb, Karl-Heinz & Krausmann, Fridolin & Gaube, Veronika & Gingrich, Simone & Bondeau, Alberte & Fischer-Kowalski, Marina & Haberl, Helmut
- 260-269 Trajectories in human domination of ecosystems: Human appropriation of net primary production in the Philippines during the 20th century
by Kastner, Thomas
- 270-281 Human appropriation of net primary production in the United Kingdom, 1800-2000: Changes in society's impact on ecological energy flows during the agrarian-industrial transition
by Musel, Annabella
- 282-291 Human appropriation of aboveground net primary production in Spain, 1955-2003: An empirical analysis of the industrialization of land use
by Schwarzlmüller, Elmar
- 292-300 Land use change, biomass production and HANPP: The case of Hungary 1961-2005
by Kohlheb, Norbert & Krausmann, Fridolin
- 301-309 Biomass consumed in anthropogenic vegetation fires: Global patterns and processes
by Lauk, Christian & Erb, Karl-Heinz
- 310-318 The global loss of net primary production resulting from human-induced soil degradation in drylands
by Zika, Michael & Erb, Karl-Heinz
- 319-327 To settle or protect? A global analysis of net primary production in parks and urban areas
by O'Neill, Daniel W. & Abson, David J.
- 328-334 Embodied HANPP: Mapping the spatial disconnect between global biomass production and consumption
by Erb, Karl-Heinz & Krausmann, Fridolin & Lucht, Wolfgang & Haberl, Helmut
- 335-344 Selfishness, cooperation, the evolutionary point of view and its implications for economics
by Pienkowski, Dariusz
- 345-354 Applying input-output analysis to scenario analysis of ecological footprints
by Ferng, Jiun-Jiun
- 355-365 Flooding risk and housing values: An economic assessment of environmental hazard
by Daniel, Vanessa E. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Rietveld, Piet
- 366-379 Water markets and freshwater ecosystem services: Policy reform and implementation in the Columbia and Murray-Darling Basins
by Garrick, D. & Siebentritt, M.A. & Aylward, B. & Bauer, C.J. & Purkey, A.
- 380-388 Natural capital, subjective well-being, and the new welfare economics of sustainability: Some evidence from cross-country regressions
by Engelbrecht, Hans-Jürgen
- 389-397 OECD organisational discourse, peer reviews and sustainable development: An ecological-institutionalist perspective
by Lehtonen, Markku
- 398-405 Expanding the solution set: Organizational economics and agri-environmental policy
by Steele, Scott R.
- 406-413 Common property, information, and cooperation: Commercial fishing in the Bering Sea
by Haynie, Alan C. & Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E.
- 414-426 Basin impacts of irrigation water conservation policy
by Brinegar, Hilary R. & Ward, Frank A.
- 427-434 Peak globalization: Climate change, oil depletion and global trade
by Curtis, Fred
- 435-444 A model of technological breakthrough in the renewable energy sector
by Schmidt, Robert C. & Marschinski, Robert
November 2009, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-8 Between a rock and a soft place: Ecological and feminist economics in policy debates
by Nelson, Julie A.
- 9-11 The DPSIR scheme for analysing biodiversity loss and developing preservation strategies
by Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Martinez-Alier, Joan & Omann, Ines & Monterroso, Iliana & Binimelis, Rosa
- 12-23 An analysis of risks for biodiversity under the DPSIR framework
by Maxim, Laura & Spangenberg, Joachim H. & O'Connor, Martin
- 24-31 Climate change as a threat to biodiversity: An application of the DPSIR approach
by Omann, Ines & Stocker, Andrea & Jäger, Jill
- 32-42 An application of DPSIR framework to identify issues of pollinator loss
by Kuldna, Piret & Peterson, Kaja & Poltimäe, Helen & Luig, Jaan
- 43-54 Driving forces of chemical risks for the European biodiversity
by Maxim, Laura & Spangenberg, Joachim H.
- 55-62 Catalan agriculture and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) -- An application of DPSIR model
by Binimelis, Rosa & Monterroso, Iliana & Rodríguez-Labajos, Beatriz
- 63-75 Multi-level driving forces of biological invasions
by Rodríguez-Labajos, Beatriz & Binimelis, Rosa & Monterroso, Iliana
- 76-81 Quantifying economic sustainability: Implications for free-enterprise theory, policy and practice
by Goerner, Sally J. & Lietaer, Bernard & Ulanowicz, Robert E.
- 82-92 The external water footprint of the Netherlands: Geographically-explicit quantification and impact assessment
by van Oel, P.R. & Mekonnen, M.M. & Hoekstra, A.Y.
- 93-103 Spatial planning of offshore wind farms: A windfall to marine environmental protection?
by Punt, Maarten J. & Groeneveld, Rolf A. & van Ierland, Ekko C. & Stel, Jan H.
- 104-114 A dynamic approach to voluntary environmental contributions in tourism
by Blanco, Ester & Lozano, Javier & Rey-Maquieira, Javier
- 115-125 Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe
by Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric
- 126-134 Optimal design of pro-conservation incentives
by Zabel, Astrid & Roe, Brian
- 135-144 Long-run determinants of pollution: A robustness analysis
by Lamla, Michael J.
- 145-154 Lifestyles, technology and CO2 emissions in China: A regional comparative analysis
by Feng, Kuishuang & Hubacek, Klaus & Guan, Dabo
- 155-165 Responding to environmental risks: What can Albert Hirschman contribute?
by Zuindeau, Bertrand
- 166-176 Determinants of pro-environmental consumption: The role of reference groups and routine behavior
by Welsch, Heinz & Kühling, Jan
- 177-185 Explaining the performance of state-community joint forest management in India
by Behera, Bhagirath
- 186-196 Measurement and communication of greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. food consumption via carbon calculators
by Kim, Brent & Neff, Roni
- 197-205 Description, prescription and the choice of discount rates
by Baum, Seth D.
- 206-206 Molly Scott Cato, Green economics, an introduction to theory, policy and practice , Earthscan, London (2009) ISBN 978-1-84407-571-3, 224 pp
by Söderbaum, Peter
- 206-207 ,Tourism and Sustainable Economic Development .Rinaldo Brau, Alessandro Lanza and Stefano Usai, Editors, Macroeconomic Models and Empirical Methods, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2008) ISBN 978 1 84720 650 3 245 pp.
by Gössling, Stefan
- 207-208 Andreas Kontoleon, Unai Pascual and Timothy Swanson, Editors, Biodiversity economics: Principles, methods and applications, Cambridge University Press, New York (2008) ISBN 978-0-521-86683-5, p. xxvÂ +Â 664
by Tisdell, Clem
- 208-208 Ines Dombrowsky, Conflict, Cooperation and Institutions in International Water Management: An Economic Analysis , Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK, Northampton, MA, USA (2007) 978-1-84720-341-0, 376 pp.
by Koundouri, Phoebe
- 209-209 Corrigendum to "Dynamic multidimensional assessment of sustainability at the macro level: The case of Austria" [Ecological Economics 68 (2009) 2560-2573]
by Shmelev, Stanislav E. & Rodríguez-Labajos, Beatriz
October 2009, Volume 68, Issue 12
- 2885-2889 Linking political ecology with ecological economics in tree plantation conflicts in Cameroon and Ecuador
by Gerber, Julien-François & Veuthey, Sandra & Martínez-Alier, Joan
- 2890-2896 Distributional impacts of car road pricing: Settlement structures determine divergence across countries
by Kalinowska, Dominika & Steininger, Karl W.
- 2897-2909 Globalization and the connection of remote communities: A review of household effects and their biodiversity implications
by Kramer, Daniel Boyd & Urquhart, Gerald & Schmitt, Kristen
- 2910-2917 Valuing changes in forest biodiversity
by Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Buszko-Briggs, Malgorzata & Hanley, Nick
- 2918-2929 A strategic performance measurement system for firms across supply and demand chains on the analogy of ecological succession
by Li, Xiao & Gu, Xin Jian & Liu, Zheng Gang
- 2930-2937 Beyond Kyoto, plan B: A climate policy master plan based on transparent metrics
by Verbruggen, Aviel
- 2938-2949 Modeling a policy making framework for urban sustainability: Incorporating system dynamics into the Ecological Footprint
by Jin, Wei & Xu, Linyu & Yang, Zhifeng
- 2950-2959 Wealth differentiation in household use and trade in non-timber forest products in South Africa
by Paumgarten, F. & Shackleton, C.M.
- 2960-2968 Fishery externalities and biodiversity: Trade-offs between the viability of shrimp trawling and the conservation of Frigatebirds in French Guiana
by Martinet, Vincent & Blanchard, Fabian
- 2969-2973 Constant per capita consumption paths with exhaustible resources and decaying produced capital
by Cheviakov, Alexei F. & Hartwick, John
- 2974-2984 Does a voluntary conservation program result in a representative protected area network?: The case of Finnish privately owned forests
by Juutinen, Artti & Mönkkönen, Mikko & Ylisirniö, Anna-Liisa
- 2985-2995 A transitions model for sustainable mobility
by Köhler, Jonathan & Whitmarsh, Lorraine & Nykvist, Björn & Schilperoord, Michel & Bergman, Noam & Haxeltine, Alex
- 2996-3006 Innovation and diffusion of environmental technology: Industrial NOx abatement in Sweden under refunded emission payments
by Sterner, Thomas & Turnheim, Bruno
- 3007-3017 A dynamic ecological-economic modeling approach for aquaculture management
by Nobre, A.M. & Musango, J.K. & de Wit, M.P. & Ferreira, J.G.
- 3018-3025 Fair Trade organic coffee production in Nicaragua -- Sustainable development or a poverty trap?
by Valkila, Joni
- 3026-3033 Wasted waste: An evolutionary perspective on industrial by-products
by Kronenberg, Jakub & Winkler, Ralph
- 3034-3041 Challenges of responding to sustainability with implications for affordable housing
by Arman, Michael & Zuo, Jian & Wilson, Lou & Zillante, George & Pullen, Stephen
- 3042-3051 Deliberative valuation without prices: A multiattribute prioritization for watershed ecosystem management
by Randhir, Timothy & Shriver, Deborah M.
- 3052-3059 Compensation for environmental services and intergovernmental fiscal transfers: The case of India
by Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke
- 3060-3071 Modeling the human-induced spread of an aquatic invasive: The case of the zebra mussel
by Timar, Levente & Phaneuf, Daniel J.
- 3072-3083 Socioeconomic dimensions of mercury pollution abatement: Engaging artisanal mining communities in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Spiegel, Samuel J.
- 3084-3084 J.C. Kumarappa. Mahatma Gandhi's economist, Mark Lindley, Popular Prakashan, Mumbai, 2007, 223 p. + Index
by Martinez-Alier, Joan
- 3084-3085 Larry L. Rockwood, Ronald E. Stewart and Thomas Dietz, Editors, Foundations of Environmental Sustainability: The Coevolution of Science and Policy, Oxford University Press (2008) ISBN 978-0-19-530945-4 (hardbound), ix + 456 pages
by Norgaard, Richard
- 3085-3086 Peter A. Victor, Managing Without Growth; Slower by Design, Not Disaster , Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA (2008) ISBN 978 1 84720 078 5 (cased), 978 1 84844 205 4 (paperback), viii+ 260pp
by Müller, Frank G.
- 3086-3087 Peter Soderbaum, Understanding sustainability economics: Towards Pluralism in Economics (1st Edition), Earthscan (2008) ISBN: 978-1-84407-627-7, paperback, 160 pp
by Wagner, Jeffrey
September 2009, Volume 68, Issue 11
- 2735-2742 Implications of happiness research for environmental economics
by Welsch, Heinz
- 2743-2750 Environmental diversity in recreational choice modelling
by Bujosa Bestard, Angel & Font, Antoni Riera
- 2751-2759 Joint estimation of discount rates and willingness to pay for public goods
by Bond, Craig A. & Cullen, Kelly Giraud & Larson, Douglas M.
- 2760-2767 Broadening the picture: Negotiating payment schemes for water-related environmental services in the Netherlands
by de Groot, Roland B.A. & Hermans, Leon M.
- 2768-2776 A GIS-based approach for mapping direct use value of ecosystem services at a county scale: Management implications
by Chen, Nengwang & Li, Huancheng & Wang, Lihong
- 2777-2784 Moral development of the economic actor
by Ingebrigtsen, Stig & Jakobsen, Ove
- 2785-2799 Gender and forest conservation: The impact of women's participation in community forest governance
by Agarwal, Bina
- 2800-2807 Impact of irrigation water quality on human health: A case study in India
by Srinivasan, Jeena T. & Reddy, V. Ratna
- 2808-2817 Electrification and energy productivity
by Enflo, Kerstin & Kander, Astrid & Schön, Lennart
- 2818-2824 Analysis of the major drivers of the ecological footprint using the STIRPAT model and the PLS method--A case study in Henan Province, China
by Jia, Junsong & Deng, Hongbing & Duan, Jing & Zhao, Jingzhu
- 2825-2833 Optimizing the shares of native tree species in forest plantations with biased financial parameters
by Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas
- 2834-2841 A comparison of citizen and "expert" preferences using an attribute-based approach to choice
by Colombo, S. & Angus, A. & Morris, J. & Parsons, D.J. & Brawn, M. & Stacey, K. & Hanley, N.
- 2842-2849 The dynamics of environmentalism and the environment
by Schumacher, Ingmar
- 2850-2858 Monetary valuation of aircraft noise: A hedonic analysis around Amsterdam airport
by Dekkers, Jasper E.C. & van der Straaten, J. Willemijn
- 2859-2867 Time-saving innovations, time allocation, and energy use: Evidence from Canadian households
by Brencic, Vera & Young, Denise
- 2868-2876 Applying agent-based modeling to the evolution of eco-industrial systems
by Cao, Kai & Feng, Xiao & Wan, Hui
- 2877-2884 Environmental policy, fuel prices and the switching to natural gas in Santiago, Chile
by Coria, Jessica
August 2009, Volume 68, Issue 10
- 2479-2484 Beyond the Stern Review: Lessons from a risky venture at the limits of the cost-benefit analysis
by Hourcade, Jean-Charles & Ambrosi, Philippe & Dumas, Patrice
- 2485-2489 Linking forestry, sustainability and aesthetics
by Panagopoulos, T.
- 2490-2497 Theories of practice -- New inspiration for ecological economic studies on consumption
by Røpke, Inge
- 2498-2510 Dynamic modeling of environmental amenity-driven migration with ecological feedbacks
by Chen, Yong & Irwin, Elena G. & Jayaprakash, Ciriyam
- 2511-2524 The role of property rights in determining the environmental quality-income relationship
by Bhattacharya, Haimanti & Lueck, Dean
- 2525-2534 Giving the consumer the choice: A methodology for Product Ecological Footprint calculation
by Mamouni Limnios, Elena Alexandra & Ghadouani, Anas & Schilizzi, Steven G.M. & Mazzarol, Tim
- 2535-2548 A critical review of multi-criteria decision making methods with special reference to forest management and planning
by Ananda, Jayanath & Herath, Gamini
- 2549-2559 Ecosystem services and regional development: An application to Sweden
by Gren, Ing-Marie & Isacs, Lina
- 2560-2573 Dynamic multidimensional assessment of sustainability at the macro level: The case of Austria
by Shmelev, Stanislav E. & Rodríguez-Labajos, Beatriz
- 2574-2579 Cost-benefit analysis of alien vegetation clearing for water yield and tourism in a mountain catchment in the Western Cape of South Africa
by Currie, Bianca & Milton, Suzanne J. & Steenkamp, J.C.
- 2580-2593 Simulating the diffusion of organic farming practices in two New EU Member States
by Kaufmann, Peter & Stagl, Sigrid & Franks, Daniel W.
- 2594-2606 The extraction of natural resources: The role of thermodynamic efficiency
by Roma, Antonio & Pirino, Davide
- 2607-2618 Assessing poverty-deforestation links: Evidence from Swat, Pakistan
by Khan, Shaheen Rafi & Khan, Shahrukh Rafi
- 2619-2626 The market for bushmeat: Colobus Satanas on Bioko Island
by Morra, Wayne & Hearn, Gail & Buck, Andrew J.
- 2627-2636 Modeling national flood insurance policy holding at the county scale in Florida, 1999-2005
by Zahran, Sammy & Weiler, Stephan & Brody, Samuel D. & Lindell, Michael K. & Highfield, Wesley E.
- 2637-2645 The impact of demographic change on energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in Germany
by Kronenberg, Tobias
- 2646-2657 Amenity values of spatial configurations of forest landscapes over space and time in the Southern Appalachian Highlands
by Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Seung Gyu & Roberts, Roland K. & Jung, Suhyun
- 2658-2665 CO2 emissions, research and technology transfer in China
by Ang, James B.
- 2666-2678 Integrated basin management: Water and food policy options for Turkey
by Gürlük, Serkan & Ward, Frank A.
- 2679-2687 Policy mechanism choice for environmental management by non-commercial "lifestyle" rural landholders
by Pannell, David J. & Wilkinson, Roger
- 2688-2695 Institutions and the R&D of GM-crops
by Kvakkestad, Valborg
- 2696-2705 Growth in global materials use, GDP and population during the 20th century
by Krausmann, Fridolin & Gingrich, Simone & Eisenmenger, Nina & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Haberl, Helmut & Fischer-Kowalski, Marina
- 2706-2712 Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China
by Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei
- 2713-2720 Radiative forcing and the optimal rotation age
by Thompson, Matthew P. & Adams, Darius & Sessions, John
- 2721-2728 Estimating the social cost of pesticide use: An assessment from acute poisoning in Brazil
by Lopes Soares, Wagner & Firpo de Souza Porto, Marcelo
- 2729-2733 Economics of biodiversity and sustainable fisheries management
by Akpalu, Wisdom