Are Ecosystem Services Complementary or Competitive? An Econometric Analysis of Cost Functions of Private Forests in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Melvyn A. Fuss & Leonard Waverman, 1981. "Regulation and the Multiproduct Firm: The Case of Telecommunications in Canada," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 277-328 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jussi Lankoski & Markku Ollikainen, 2003. "Agri-environmental externalities: a framework for designing targeted policies," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 51-75, March.
- Brown, Gardner & Patterson, Trista & Cain, Nicholas, 2011. "The devil in the details: Non-convexities in ecosystem service provision," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 355-365, May.
- Misra, Dinesh & Kant, Shashi, 2005. "Economic efficiency and shadow prices of social and biological outputs of village-level organizations of joint forest management in Gujarat, India," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 141-160, December.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Ninan, K.N. & Inoue, Makoto, 2013. "Valuing forest ecosystem services: What we know and what we don't," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 137-149.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:5:y:2013:i:c:p:94-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- John Tschirhart, 2012. "Biology as a Source of Non-convexities in Ecological Production Functions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 189-213, February.
- Hof, John G. & Lee, Robert D. & Dyer, A. Allen & Kent, Brian M., 1985. "An analysis of joint costs in a managed forest ecosystem," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 338-352, December.
- Anne Stenger-Letheux & Nicolas Robert, 2013. "Can payments solve the problem of undersupply of ecosystem services?," Post-Print hal-01003270, HAL.
- Jean-Paul Chavas, 2009. "On the Productive Value of Biodiversity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 109-131, January.
- Boscolo, Marco & Vincent, Jeffrey R., 2003. "Nonconvexities in the production of timber, biodiversity, and carbon sequestration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 251-268, September.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Philippe Venden Eeckaut, 2004.
"Non-convex Technologies and Cost Functions: Definitions, Duality and Nonparametric Tests of Convexity,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 155-192, February.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Vyen Eeckaut, Philippe, 2002. "Non-Convex Technologies and Cost Functions: Definitions, Duality and Nonparametric Tests of Convexity," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens & P. Vanden Eeckaut, 2006. "Non-convex Technologies and Cost Functions: Definitions, Duality and Nonparametric Tests of Convexity," Post-Print hal-00211174, HAL.
- Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Bauer, Siegfried & Uibrig, Holm, 2010. "Land privatization and afforestation incentive of rural farms in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 518-526, September.
- Olschewski, Roland & Benítez, Pablo C., 2010. "Optimizing joint production of timber and carbon sequestration of afforestation projects," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10, January.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:6:y:2013:i:c:p:64-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ofori-Bah, Adeline & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2011. "Scope economies and technical efficiency of cocoa agroforesty systems in Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1508-1518, June.
- Wossink, Ada & Swinton, Scott M., 2007. "Jointness in production and farmers' willingness to supply non-marketed ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 297-304, December.
- Joakim Gullstrand & Rembert Blander & Staffan Waldo, 2014. "The Influence of Biodiversity Provision on the Cost Structure of Swedish Dairy Farming," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 87-111, January.
- Caparros, Alejandro & Jacquemont, Frederic, 2003. "Conflicts between biodiversity and carbon sequestration programs: economic and legal implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 143-157, August.
- David H. Newman & David N. Wear, 1993. "Production Economics of Private Forestry: A Comparison of Industrial and Nonindustrial Forest Owners," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(3), pages 674-684.
- Jack Peerlings, 2004. "Wildlife and landscape services production in Dutch dairy farming; jointness and transaction costs," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 427-449, December.
- Panzar, John C., 1989. "Technological determinants of firm and industry structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-59 Elsevier.
- Bauch, Simone C. & Amacher, Gregory S. & Merry, Frank D., 2007. "Costs of harvesting, transportation and milling in the Brazilian Amazon: Estimation and policy implications," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 903-915, May.
- Lambini, Cosmas Kombat & Nguyen, Trung Thanh, 2014. "A comparative analysis of the effects of institutional property rights on forest livelihoods and forest conditions: Evidence from Ghana and Vietnam," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 178-190.
More about this item
KeywordsForest ecosystem service; Trade-off; Marginal cost; Translog cost function; Cost complementarity; Vietnam;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:343-352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.