Citations for "An Analysis of Public- and Private-Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status"
by Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2005.
"Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 154-173, February.
- Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Mueser, Peter R. & Troske, Kenneth, 2002. "Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 584, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter R. Mueser & Carolyn J. Heinrich & Kenneth Troske, 2003. "Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes," Working Papers 0308, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Asma Hyder & Barry Reilly, 2005. "The Public Sector Pay Gap in Pakistan: A Quantile Regression Analysis," PRUS Working Papers 33, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Pham, T. Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2007. "Ethnic Wage Inequality in Vietnam: Empirical Evidence from 2002," MPRA Paper 6477, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Altin Vejsiu, 2011. "Incentives to self-employment decision in Sweden," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 379-403.
- Chunbing, Xing, 2006. "Human Capital and Wage Determination in Different Ownerships, 1989-97," Working Paper Series RP2006/121, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Álmos Telegdy, 2006.
"Does Privatization Hurt Workers? Lessons from Comprehensive Manufacturing Firm Panel Data in Hungary, Romania, Russia and Ukraine,"
Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market
0510, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, revised 12 Jan 2006.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005. "Does Privatization Hurt Workers? Lessons from Comprehensive Manufacturing Firm Panel Data in Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 05-125, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. David Brown & John Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005. "Does Privatization Hurt Workers? Lessons from Comprehensive Manufacturing Firm Panel Data in Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," CERT Discussion Papers 0509, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Mengistae, Taye, 1999.
"Wage rates and job queues - does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2105, The World Bank.
- Taye Mengistae, 1998. "Wage rates and job queues: does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?," CSAE Working Paper Series 1998-20, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Taye Mengistae, 1998. "Wage rates and job queues: does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1998-20, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Axel Heitmueller, 2006. "Public-private sector pay differentials in a devolved Scotland," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 295-323, November.
- Asplund, Rita, 2002. "Private vs. Public Sector Returns to Human Capital in Finland," Discussion Papers 607, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hilmer, Michael J., 2001. "A comparison of alternative specifications of the college attendance equation with an extension to two-stage selectivity-correction models," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 263-278, June.
- Leontaridi, Rannia M., 2002. "Career, experience and returns to human capital: is the dual labour market hypothesis relevant for the UK?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 399-426, December.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2004. "Public-Private Sector Wage Differentials in Scotland: An Endogenous Switching Model," IZA Discussion Papers 992, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Siminski, 2011.
"Are Low Skill Public Sector Workers Really Overpaid? A Quasi-Differenced Panel Data Analysis,"
Economics Working Papers
wp11-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Peter Siminski, 2013. "Are low-skill public sector workers really overpaid? A quasi-differenced panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(14), pages 1915-1929, May.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1989.
"On the political economy of land value capitalization and local public sector rent seeking in a Tiebout model,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 152-173, September.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph S. Tracy, 1986. "On the Political Economy of Land Value Capitalization and Local Public Sector Rent-Seeking in a Tiebout Model," NBER Working Papers 1919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Kaestner, 1990.
"The Effect of Illicit Drug Use on the Wages of Young Adults,"
NBER Working Papers
3535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaestner, Robert, 1991. "The Effect of Illicit Drug Use on the Wages of Young Adults," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(4), pages 381-412, October.
- Bender, Keith A, 1998. " The Central Government-Private Sector Wage Differential," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 177-220, April.
- Asma Hyder & Barry Reilly, 2005. "The Public and Private Sector Pay Gap in Pakistan: A Quantile Regression Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 271-306.
- Asma Hyder, 2007.
"Preference for Public Sector Jobs and Wait Unemployment: A Micro Data Analysis,"
2007:20, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Asma Hyder, 2007. "Preference for Public Sector Jobs and Wait Unemployment : A Micro Data Analysis," Labor Economics Working Papers 22196, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Pashardes, Panos, 2002. "Self/paid-employment, public/private sector selection, and wage differentials," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 737-762, December.
- Aysit Tansel, 1999. "Public-Private Employment Choice, Wage Differentials and Gender in Turkey," Working Papers 797, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1993. "Public Sector Growth and Labor Market Flexibility: The United States vs. The United Kingdom," NBER Working Papers 4339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunello, G & Colussi, A, 1997.
"The Employer Size-Wage Effect : Evidence from Italy,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0432, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Colussi, Aldo, 1998. "The employer size-wage effect: evidence from Italy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 217-230, June.
- Rubin, D. Kate & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1992. "Who works for piece rates and why," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt3xs4x5cd, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. M. & Zeager, Lester A., 1994. "Comparing earnings profiles in urban areas of an LDC: Rural-to-urban migrants vs. native workers," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 177-199, December.
- Yuming Fu & Stuart A. Gabriel, 2001. "Transistions to Private Employment: Earnings Determination, Worker Employment Preferences, and Job Turnover in Urban China," Working Paper 8636, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Telegdy, Álmos, 2013. "The Effect of Public Wages on Corporate Compensation in Hungary," IZA Discussion Papers 7524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Justin Falk, 2012. "Comparing Wages in the Federal Government and the Private Sector: Working Paper 2012-03," Working Papers 42922, Congressional Budget Office.
- Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R. & Kane, John & Vachris, Michelle A., 2004. ""No significant distance" between face-to-face and online instruction: evidence from principles of economics," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 533-546, October.
- Telegdy, Álmos, 2013.
"A közszféra és a vállalatok bérei közötti átterjedési hatás Magyarországon
[Public-sector pay spillovers in Hungary: Identification from a large sectoral pay increase]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 555-578.
- George J. Borjas, 2002. "The Wage Structure and the Sorting of Workers into the Public Sector," NBER Working Papers 9313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maury Gittleman & Brooks Pierce, 2012. "Compensation for State and Local Government Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 217-42, Winter.
- Philipp Bewerunge & Harvey S. Rosen, 2012. "Wages, Pensions, and Public-Private Sector Compensation Differentials," Working Papers 1388, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Dominic J. Brewer & Eric Eide & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 1996. "Does It Pay To Attend An Elite Private College? Cross Cohort Evidence on the Effects of College Quality on Earnings," NBER Working Papers 5613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathy A. Paulson Gjerde, 2002. "The existence of gender-specific promotion standards in the U.S," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(8), pages 447-459.
- Juan Prieto Rodríguez & María José Suárez Fernández, 2006. "Like father like son? Intergenerational links within occupations and public employment," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 178(3), pages 81-111, September.