Ethnic Wage Inequality in Vietnam: Empirical Evidence from 2002
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Béatrice D'hombres, 2004.
"Racial discrimination in the Brazilian labour market: wage, employment and segregation effects,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1053-1066.
- Jean-Louis ARCAND & Béatrice D'HOMBRES, 2003. "Racial Discrimination in the Brazilian Labor Market: Wage, Employment and Segregation Effects," Working Papers 200314, CERDI.
- Arcand Jean-Louis & Béatrice d'Hombres, 2005. "Racial Discrimination in the Brazilian Labour Market: Wage, Employment and Segregation Effects," Labor and Demography 0510015, EconWPA.
- Whitney K. Newey, 2009.
"Two-step series estimation of sample selection models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(s1), pages 217-229, January.
- Whitney Newey, 1999. "Two Step Series Estimation of Sample Selection Models," Working papers 99-04, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "The dynamics of changes in the female wage distribution in the USA: a quantile regression approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 1-30.
- Moock, Peter R. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Venkataraman, Meera, 2003. "Education and earnings in a transition economy: the case of Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 503-510, October.
- Small, Kenneth A & Hsiao, Cheng, 1985. "Multinomial Logit Specification Tests," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 619-627, October.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2007.
"Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wage Distribution,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(2), pages 163-186, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2004. "Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wages Distribution," IZA Discussion Papers 1373, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2006. "Is There a Glass Ceiling over Europe? Exploring the Gender Pay Gap across the Wages Distribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 510, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2005. "Is there a glass ceiling over Europe? Exploring the gender pay gap across the wages distribution," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Bob Baulch & Truong Thi Kim Chuyen & Dominique Haughton & Jonathan Haughton, 2007. "Ethnic minority development in Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(7), pages 1151-1176.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- van de Walle, Dominique & Gunewardena, Dileni, 2001. "Sources of ethnic inequality in Viet Nam," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 177-207, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- James Albrecht & Anders Bjorklund & Susan Vroman, 2003. "Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 145-177, January.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1988.
"An Analysis of Public- and Private-Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 229-253, April.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 1986. "An Analysis of Public and Private Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status," NBER Working Papers 1920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoshana Neuman & Ronald Oaxaca, 2004. "Wage Decompositions with Selectivity-Corrected Wage Equations: A Methodological Note," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 2(1), pages 3-10, April.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Omar Arias & Gustavo Yamada & Luis Tejerina, 2004. "Education, Family Backgrounds and Racial Earnings Inequality in Brazil," Working Papers 04-04, Centro de InvestigaciÃ³n, Universidad del PacÃfico, revised 2004.
- Charles Kroncke & Kenneth Smith, 1999. "The wage effects of ethnicity in Estonia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 179-199, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2013.
"Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: Wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1106-1122.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian A., 2012. "Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124207, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2012. "Long-Run Costs of Piecemeal Reform: Wage Inequality and Returns to Education in Vietnam," Staff Paper Series 566, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Juan Manuel del Pozo Segura, 2017. " Has the Gender Wage Gap been Reduced during the 'Peruvian Growth Miracle?' A Distributional Approach," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2017-442, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
More about this item
KeywordsWage inequality; ethnic minority; quantile regression; Vietnam;
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-01-05 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2008-01-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-01-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .