On the political economy of land value capitalization and local public sector rent seeking in a Tiebout model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph S. Tracy, 1986. "On the Political Economy of Land Value Capitalization and Local Public Sector Rent-Seeking in a Tiebout Model," NBER Working Papers 1919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Rosen, Harvey S & Fullerton, David J, 1977. "A Note on Local Tax Rates, Public Benefit Levels, and Property Values," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 433-440, April.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Schwarz, Joshua L., 1987. "Public-sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1219-1260 Elsevier.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1988.
"An Analysis of Public- and Private-Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 229-253, April.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 1986. "An Analysis of Public and Private Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status," NBER Working Papers 1920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- Linneman, Peter D, 1978. "The Capitalization of Local Taxes: A Note on Specification," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 535-538, June.
- Leeds, Michael A., 1985. "Property values and pension underfunding in the local public sector," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 34-46, July.
- Thomas Romer & Howard Rosenthal, 1979. "Bureaucrats Versus Voters: On the Political Economy of Resource Allocation by Direct Democracy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 563-587.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1969. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: An Empirical Study of Tax Capitalization and the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 957-971, Nov./Dec..
- Jeffrey S. Zax, 1985. "Labor Relations, Wages and Nonwage Compensation in Municipal Employment," NBER Working Papers 1582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meadows, George Richard, 1976. "Taxes, Spending, and Property Values: A Comment and Further Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 869-880, August.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1985. "The Tiebout Model: Bring Back the Entrepreneurs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 248-264, April.
- Epple, Dennis & Zelenitz, Allan & Visscher, Michael, 1978. "A Search for Testable Implications of the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 405-425, June.
- Inman, Robert P., 1982. "Public employee pensions and the local labor budget," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 49-71, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Wu, JunJie, 2002. "Environmental Amenities And Community Characteristics: An Empirical Study Of Portland, Oregon," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19863, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Angela S. Bergantino & Francesco Porcelli, 2013.
"Housing market prices: capitalisation of efficiency in local public service provision. An application with data on Italian urban transport related expenditures,"
0047, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Aug 2013.
- Bergantino, Angela Stefania & Porcelli, Francesco, 2013. "Housing market prices: capitalisation of efficiency in local public service provision. An application with data on Italian urban transport related expenditures," Working Papers 13_2, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:115-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holmes, Thomas J. & Ohanian, Lee E., 2014.
"Pay with Promises or Pay as You Go? Lessons from the Death Spiral of Detroit,"
501, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew, 1997. "New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:26:y:1989:i:2:p:152-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.