Are municipalities Tieboutian clubs?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John, 1987.
"Peer group effects and educational attainment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 287-305, April.
- Richard Arnott & John Rowse, 1982. "Peer Group Effects and Educational Attainment," Working Papers 497, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Tollison, Robert D, 1972. "Consumption Sharing and Non-Exclusion Rules," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 39(155), pages 276-291, August.
- Dynarski, Mark & Schwab, Robert & Zampelli, Ernest, 1989. "Local characteristics and public production: The case of education," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 250-263, September.
- Fujita,Masahisa, 1991. "Urban Economic Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521396455.
- Fujita,Masahisa, 1989. "Urban Economic Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521346627, February.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lee, Kangoh, 1989. "Club theory with a peer-group effect," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 399-420, August.
- Hochman, Oded, 1982. "Clubs in an urban setting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 85-101, July.
- Hochman, Oded & Pines, David & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995. "On the Optimal Structure of Local Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1224-1240, December.
- Hochman, O. & Pines, D. & Thisse, J.-F., "undated". "On the optimal structure of local governments," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1185, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hochman, Oded & Pines, David & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1994. "On the Optimal Structure of Local Governments," CEPR Discussion Papers 899, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang & Tollison, Robert D, 1974. "A Note on Consumption Sharing and Non-exclusion Rules," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(164), pages 446-450, November.
- W.Norton Grubb, 1982. "The Dynamic Implications of the Tiebout Model: the Changing Composition of Boston Communities, 1960-1970," Public Finance Review, , vol. 10(1), pages 17-38, January.
- Eberts, Randall W. & Gronberg, Timothy J., 1981. "Jurisdictional homogeneity and the Tiebout hypothesis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 227-239, September.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1982. "An Economic Theory of Central Places," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 56-72, March.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1969. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: An Empirical Study of Tax Capitalization and the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 957-971, Nov./Dec..
- Berglas, Eitan, 1984. "Quantities, qualities and multiple public services in the Tiebout model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 299-321, December.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1985. "The Tiebout Model: Bring Back the Entrepreneurs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 248-264, April.
- Epple, Dennis & Zelenitz, Allan & Visscher, Michael, 1978. "A Search for Testable Implications of the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 405-425, June.
- Berglas, Eitan, 1976. "On the Theory of Clubs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 116-121, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:26:y:1996:i:2:p:203-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.