Citations for "The Limiting Distribution of Extremal Exchange Rate Returns"
by Hols, Martien C A B & de Vries, Casper G
- Linton, Oliver & Iglesias, Emma M., 2009. "Estimation of tail thickness parameters from GJR-GARCH models," UC3M Working papers. Economics we094726, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Metiu Norbert, 2011. "Financial contagion in developed sovereign bond markets," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2011.
"Identifying Extreme Values of Exchange Market Pressure,"
Carleton Economic Papers
11-10, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel Voia, 2015. "Identifying extreme values of exchange market pressure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1055-1078, May.
- Lovcha, Yuliya & Perez-Laborda, Alejandro, 2013.
"Is exchange rate – Customer order flow relationship linear? Evidence from the Hungarian FX market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 20-35.
- Yuliya Lovcha & Alejandro Perez-Laborda, 2010. "Is exchange rate – customer order flow relationship linear? Evidence from the Hungarian FX market," MNB Working Papers 2010/10, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- de Jesús, Raúl & Ortiz, Edgar & Cabello, Alejandra, 2013. "Long run peso/dollar exchange rates and extreme value behavior: Value at Risk modeling," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
- Jalal, Amine & Rockinger, Michael, 2008.
"Predicting tail-related risk measures: The consequences of using GARCH filters for non-GARCH data,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 868-877, December.
- Amine JALAL & Michael ROCKINGER, 2004. "Predicting Tail-related Risk Measures: The Consequences of Using GARCH Filters for non-GARCH Data," FAME Research Paper Series rp115, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Raúl Susmel, 1998. "Extreme Observations and Diversification in Latin American Emerging Equity Markets," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 138, Universidad del CEMA.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk, 2004. "Extreme value theory and Value-at-Risk: Relative performance in emerging markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 287-303.
- Sidney Resnick & Gennady Samorodnitsky, 2000. "A Heavy Traffic Approximation for Workload Processes with Heavy Tailed Service Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(9), pages 1236-1248, September.
- Andrea Pescatori & Amadou N R Sy, 2007. "Are Debt Crises Adequately Defined?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 306-337, June.
- Runde, Ralf & Scheffner, Axel, 1998. "On the existence of moments: With an application to German stock returns," Technical Reports 1998,25, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Assaf, A., 2009. "Extreme observations and risk assessment in the equity markets of MENA region: Tail measures and Value-at-Risk," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 109-116, June.
- Garita, Gus & Zhou, Chen, 2009. "Can Financial Openness Help Avoid Currency Crises?," MPRA Paper 23166, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2010.
- de Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000.
"Systemic Risk: A Survey,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G. Booth & John Broussard, 1998. "Setting NYSE Circuit Breaker Triggers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 187-204, June.
- Gus, Garita & Chen, Zhou, 2011. "Averting Currency Crises: The Pros and Cons of Financial Openness," MPRA Paper 30218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001.
"Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns,"
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2003. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 559-581, December.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Testing for differences in the tails of stock-market returns," Les Cahiers de Recherche 739, HEC Paris.
- Cotter, John, 2000. "Volatility and the Euro: an Irish perspective," MPRA Paper 3535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hartmann, P. & Straetmans, S. & de Vries, C.G., 2010. "Heavy tails and currency crises," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-254, March.
- Susmel, Raul, 2001. "Extreme observations and diversification in Latin American emerging equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 971-986, December.
- Haque, Mahfuzul & Kabir Hassan, M. & Varela, Oscar, 2004. "Safety-first portfolio optimization for US investors in emerging global, Asian and Latin American markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 91-116, January.
- Bertail, Patrice & Haefke, Christian & Politis, D.N.Dimitris N. & White, Halbert, 2004. "Subsampling the distribution of diverging statistics with applications to finance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 295-326, June.
- Cotter, John, 2000.
"Margin Exceedences for European Stock Index Futures using Extreme Value Theory,"
3534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2001.
- Cotter, John, 2001. "Margin exceedences for European stock index futures using extreme value theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1475-1502, August.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Straetmans, Stefan, 2006. "Testing for multiple regimes in the tail behavior of emerging currency returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1187-1205, November.
- Fernández-Martínez, M. & Sánchez-Granero, M.A. & Trinidad Segovia, J.E., 2013. "Measuring the self-similarity exponent in Lévy stable processes of financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(21), pages 5330-5345.
- Ana-Maria Gavril, 2009. "Exchange Rate Risk: Heads or Tails," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 35, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- João Nicolau & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2015. "A New Regression-Based Tail Index Estimator: An Application to Exchange Rates," Working Papers w201514, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Pozo, Susan & Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina, 2003. "Statistical distributions and the identification of currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 591-609, August.
- Gus Garita & Chen Zhou, 2009. "Can Open Capital Markets Help Avoid Currency Crises?," DNB Working Papers 205, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk & Ulugulyagci, Abdurrahman, 2003. "High volatility, thick tails and extreme value theory in value-at-risk estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 337-356, October.
- Christian A.Johnson, 2001.
"Value at risk: teoría y aplicaciones,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 28(2 Year 20), pages 217-247, December.
- Cem PAYASLIOGLU, "undated". "A Tail Index Tour across Foreign Exchange Regimes in Turkey," Middle East and North Africa 330400049, EcoMod.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2005. "The Degree of Stability of Price Diffusion," Finance 0508006, EconWPA.
- Bryan Kelly & Hao Jiang, 2013. "Tail Risk and Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 19375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Straetmans, Stefan & Candelon, Bertrand, 2013. "Long-term asset tail risks in developed and emerging markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1832-1844.
- Straetmans, Stefan, 2000. "Extremal spillovers in financial markets," Serie Research Memoranda 0013, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Wei Sun & Svetlozar Rachev & Frank Fabozzi & Petko Kalev, 2009. "A new approach to modeling co-movement of international equity markets: evidence of unconditional copula-based simulation of tail dependence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 201-229, February.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza, 2007. "The Yen, the US dollar, and the trade weighted basket of currencies: Does the choice of anchor currencies matter in identifying incidences of speculative attacks?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 214-235, March.