Diamonds Are a Government's Best Friend: Burden-Free Taxes on Goods Valued for Their Values
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- To: John Cochrane, Re: Positional Externalites
by Richard H. Serlin in Richard H. Serlin on 2012-02-18 15:19:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gowdy, John M. & Dollimore, Denise E. & Wilson, David Sloan & Witt, Ulrich, 2013. "Economic cosmology and the evolutionary challenge," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(S), pages 11-20.
- Tomer Blumkin & Yoram Margalioth & Adi Sharoni, 2014. "The Signaling Role of Corporate Social Responsibility," CESifo Working Paper Series 4962, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ennio Bilancini, 2010. "On the Rationalizability of Observed Consumers Choise when Prefeerences else," Department of Economics 0636, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Blumkin, Tomer & Margalioth, Yoram & Sharoni, Adi, 2014. "The Signaling Role of Corporate Social Responsibility," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2014:10, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Frank, Robert H., 2008. "Should public policy respond to positional externalities?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(8-9), pages 1777-1786, August.
- Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A., 1999. "Taxation of rent-seeking activities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 61-72, April.
- Ennio Bilancini, 2011.
"On the rationalizability of observed consumers’ choices when preferences depend on budget sets and (potentially) on anything else,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 102(3), pages 275-286, April.
- Ennio Bilancini, 2010. "On the rationalizability of observed consumers’ choices when preferences depend on budget sets and (potentially) on anything else," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 052, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- John Gowdy, 2006.
"Evolutionary Theory and Economic Policy with Reference to Sustainability,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-19, April.
- John M. Gowdy, 2005. "Evolutionary Theory and Economic Policy with Reference to Sustainability," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0505, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Truyts, Tom, 2012. "Signaling and indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 331-340.
- Vitaly Pruzhansky, 2014. "Luxury goods, vertical restraints and internet sales," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 227-246, October.
- Gowdy, John M., 2008. "Behavioral economics and climate change policy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 632-644, December.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2016. "Welfare-Reducing Growth And Cost-Benefit Analysis: Essay In Memory Of E.J. Mishan," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(03), pages 1-9, June.
- König, Tobias & Lausen, Tobias, 2017. "Relative Consumption Preferences and Public Provision of Private Goods," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 18, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- A. Sadrieh & G. Corneo & M. Kemp & B. Felderer & R. Inman & S. Jenkins, 1999. "Book reviews," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 91-107, February.
- Giacomo Corneo & Olivier Jeanne, 1994. "Conspicuous Consumption and the Existence of Upward Sloping Demand Curves," Discussion Paper Serie A 461, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Anne-Kathrin Bronsert & Amihai Glazer & Kai A. Konrad, 2017.
"Old money, the nouveaux riches and Brunhilde’s marriage strategy,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 163-186, January.
- Bronsert, Anne-Kathrin & Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A., 2014. "Old Money, the Nouveaux Riches and Brunhilde's Marriage Strategy," IZA Discussion Papers 8307, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laurie Simon Bagwell & B. Douglas Bernheim, 1992. "Conspicuous Consumption, Pure Profits, and the Luxury Tax," NBER Working Papers 4163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2000.
"The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 53(2), pages 253-272, June.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2000. "The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-19, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Komlos, John & Salamon, Peter, 2008.
"The poverty of growth with interdependent utility functions,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2242-2247, December.
- Salamon, Peter & Komlos, John, 2005. "The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions," Discussion Papers in Economics 619, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- John Komlos & Peter Salamon, 2005. "The Poverty of Growth with Interdependent Utility Functions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1470, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bronsert, Anne-Kathrin & Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A., 2014. "Old Money, the Nouveau Riche and Brunhilde's Marriage Dilemma," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100385, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Margit Schratzenstaller, 2013. "Besteuerung höherer Einkommen und Vermögen: internationale Entwicklungstendenzen, Möglichkeiten und Grenzen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 82(1), pages 13-34.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Laurent, Gilles, 2016. "Where do consumers think luxury begins? A study of perceived minimum price for 21 luxury goods in 7 countries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 332-340.
- Konrad, Kai A., 1992. "Wealth seeking reconsidered," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 215-227, July.
- Yew-Kwang NG, 2017. "Ten Rules for Public Economic Policy," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1703, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo, 2012. "Redistribution and the notion of social status," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 651-657.
- repec:ibn:ibrjnl:v:10:y:2017:i:8:p:58-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tran, Anh & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2012. "Rank as an inherent incentive: Evidence from a field experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 645-650.
- Per Engström, 2011. "Bling bling taxation and the fiscal virtues of hip hop," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 37(1), pages 139-147, June.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2001. "Should We Use Distributional Weights in CBA When Income Taxes Can Deal with Equity?," Working Papers in Economics 35, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- König, Tobias & Lausen, Tobias, 2016. "Relative consumption preferences and public provision of private goods," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2016-213, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Perez Truglia, Ricardo Nicolas, 2007. "Conspicuous consumption in the land of Prince Charming," MPRA Paper 22009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Mar 2010.
- David A. Weisbach, 2008. "What Does Happiness Research Tell Us About Taxation?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(S2), pages 293-324, June.
- Gsottbauer, Elisabeth & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2014. "Environmental policy when pollutive consumption is sensitive to advertising: Norms versus status," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 39-50.
- McClure, James & Kumcu, Erdogan, 2008. "Promotions and product pricing: Parsimony versus Veblenesque demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-117, January.
- Chia-Hui Lu, 2012. "Tax Luxury or Necessity," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 952-959.
- Richard Ball & Kateryna Chernova, 2008. "Absolute Income, Relative Income, and Happiness," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 497-529, September.
- Anne-Kathrin Bronsert & Amihai Glazer & Kai A. Konrad, 2014. "Old Money, the Nouveaux Riches and Brunhildeâ€™s Marriage Strategy," Working Papers tax-mpg-rps-2014-15, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Richard M. Bird, 2005. "Evaluating Public Expenditures: Does It Matter How They are Financed?," International Tax Program Papers 0506, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- repec:jed:journl:v:42:y:2017:i:4:p:95-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Tobias, 2008. "Fragwürdige Luxussteuern: Statusstreben und demonstratives Konsumverhalten in der Geschichte ökonomischen Denkens / Questionable Luxury Taxes: Status Seeking and Conspicuous Consumption in the History," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 59(1), pages 91-114, January.
- Koenig, Tobias & Lausen, Tobias, 2013. "Relative Consumption, Optimal Taxation and Public Provision of Private Goods," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-510, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.