Luxury Prices: An Expository Note
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1989. "Diamonds Are a Government's Best Friend: Burden-Free Taxes on Goods Valued for Their Values: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1289-1290, December.
- Baumol, William J, 1986.
"Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 10-14, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1985. "Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game," Working Papers 85-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Samuelson, Paul A & Sato, Ryuzo, 1984. "Unattainability of Integrability and Definiteness Conditions in the General Case of Demand for Money and Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 588-604, September.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tran, Anh & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2012. "Rank as an inherent incentive: Evidence from a field experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 645-650.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Laurent, Gilles, 2016. "Where do consumers think luxury begins? A study of perceived minimum price for 21 luxury goods in 7 countries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 332-340.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-01 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levrem:122247000000001252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.dklevine.com/ .