The Adoption of New Technologies and the Age Structure of the Workforce
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003.
"The skill content of recent technological change: an empirical exploration,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2003. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1279-1333.
- David H. Autor & Frank Levy & Richard J. Murnane, 2001. "The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 8337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cindy Zoghi & Robert D. Mohr & Peter B. Meyer, 2010. "Workplace organization and innovation," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(2), pages 622-639, May.
- Patrick Aubert & Eve Caroli & Muriel Roger, 2006.
"New technologies, organisation and age: firm-level evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(509), pages 73-93, February.
- Patrick Aubert & Eve Caroli & Muriel Roger, 2006. "New technologies, organisation and age: firm level evidence," Post-Print halshs-00754173, HAL.
- Irene Bertschek & Ulrich Kaiser, 2004.
"Productivity Effects of Organizational Change: Microeconometric Evidence,"
INFORMS, vol. 50(3), pages 394-404, March.
- Bertschek, Irene & Kaiser, Ulrich, 2001. "Productivity effects of organizational change: microeconometric evidence," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-32, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002.
"Skill-Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 733-783, October.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002. "Skill Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 8769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schneider, Lutz, 2007. "Alterung und technologisches Innovationspotential : Eine Linked-Employer-Employee-Analyse," IWH Discussion Papers 2/2007, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Katrin Schleife, 2006. "Computer Use and Employment Status of Older Workers - An Analysis Based on Individual Data," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 20(2), pages 325-348, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Webster, 2004.
"Firms' decisions to innovate and innovation routines,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 733-745.
- Elizabeth Webster, 2003. "Firms' Decisions to Innovate and Innovation Routines," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2003n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Elisabeth Mueller & Alexandra Spitz-Oener, 2006. "Managerial Ownership and Company Performance in German Small and Medium-Sized Private Enterprises," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7, pages 233-247, May.
- Christian Grund & Niels Westergaard-Nielsen, 2008.
"Age structure of the workforce and firm performance,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(5), pages 410-422, August.
- Grund, Christian & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels, 2005. "Age Structure of the Workforce and Firm Performance," Working Papers 05-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Grund, Christian & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels C., 2005. "Age Structure of the Workforce and Firm Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 1816, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexandra Spitz-Oener, 2006. "Technical Change, Job Tasks, and Rising Educational Demands: Looking outside the Wage Structure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 235-270, April.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Glenn MacDonald & Michael S. Weisbach, 2004. "The Economics of Has-beens," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 289-310, February.
- Gera, Surendra & Gu, Wulong, 2004. "The Effect of Organizational Innovation and Information Technology on Firm Performance," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2004007e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Petri Rouvinen, 2002. "Characteristics of product and process innovators: some evidence from the Finnish innovation survey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 575-580.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- Jeroen de Jong & Brouwer, 1999. "Determinants of the innovative ability of SMEs," Scales Research Reports B199902, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Weinberg, Bruce A., 2004. "Experience and Technology Adoption," IZA Discussion Papers 1051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jenny Meyer, 2010. "Does Social Software Support Service Innovation?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 289-311.
More about this item
Keywordsage structure of the workforce; adoption of new technologies; ICT intensive services;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2008-08-31 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-ICT-2008-08-31 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-KNM-2008-08-31 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:7355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .