Regulatory Capture by Sophistication
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Turkay, Evsen, 2011. "Evidence disclosure and severity of punishments," MPRA Paper 31504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1993. " An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1523-1542, September.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1991.
"The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1089-1127.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture," Working papers 506, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques LAFFONT & Jean TIROLE, 1990. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making : a Theory of Regulatory Capture," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9004, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- repec:pit:wpaper:365 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Michael E & Forrence, Jennifer L, 1990. "Regulatory Capture, Public Interest, and the Public Agenda: Toward a Synthesis," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 167-198.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Feldmann, Sven E., 2006.
"Informational lobbying and political contributions,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 631-656, May.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Feldmann, Sven E., 2000. "Informational Lobbying And Political Contributions," Working Papers 08-2000, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Morten Bennedsen & Sven E. Feldmann, 2000. "Informational Lobbying and Political Contributions," CIE Discussion Papers 2000-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1986. "Relying on the Information of Interested Parties," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 18-32, Spring.
- Sher, Itai, 2011. "Credibility and determinism in a game of persuasion," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 409-419, March.
- Strausz, Roland, 2005.
"Honest certification and the threat of capture,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 45-62, February.
- Roland Strausz, "undated". "Honest Certification and the Threat of Capture," Papers 018, Departmental Working Papers.
- Strausz, Roland, 2004. "Honest Certification and the Threat of Capture," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 25, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010.
"Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?,"
ifo DICE Report,
ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 40-46, 07.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_31, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Boyer, Pierre C. & Ponce, Jorge, 2012. "Regulatory capture and banking supervision reform," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 206-217.
- Anat Admati & Martin Hellwig, 2013. "The Bankers' New Clothes: What's Wrong with Banking and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9929.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:8:y:2010:i:2:p:14566986 is not listed on IDEAS
- Friedrich Heinemann & Martin Schüler, 2004. "A Stiglerian View on Banking Supervision," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 99-130, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2014:i:4:p:19105947 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-02-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-02-02 (Central Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc13:79991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .