Entrepreneurial aging and employment growth in the context of extreme growth events
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gonzalez-Eiras, Martín & Niepelt, Dirk, 2012.
"Ageing, government budgets, retirement, and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 97-115.
- Dirk Niepelt & Martin Gonzalez-Eiras, 2010. "Ageing, Government Budgets, Retirement, and Growth," 2010 Meeting Papers 69, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gonzalez-Eiras, Martin & Niepelt, Dirk, 2012. "Ageing, government budgets, retirement, and growth," MPRA Paper 44218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martín Gonzalez-Eiras & Dirk Niepelt, 2011. "Ageing, Government Budgets, Retirement, and Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 3352, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dirk Niepelt & Martín Gonzalez-Eiras, 2011. "Ageing, Government Budgets, Retirement, and Growth," Working Papers 11.06, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Seija Ilmakunnas, 2011. "Diversity at the Workplace: Whom Does it Benefit?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 159(2), pages 223-255, June.
- Christian Grund & Niels Westergaard-Nielsen, 2008.
"Age structure of the workforce and firm performance,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(5), pages 410-422, August.
- Grund, Christian & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels, 2005. "Age Structure of the Workforce and Firm Performance," Working Papers 05-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Grund, Christian & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels C., 2005. "Age Structure of the Workforce and Firm Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 1816, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coad, Alex & Rao, Rekha, 2008.
"Innovation and firm growth in high-tech sectors: A quantile regression approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 633-648, May.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2006. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," LEM Papers Series 2006/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2007. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 57, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Jin-Tan Liu & Meng-Wen Tsou & Ping Wang, 2010. "Workforce Composition And Firm Productivity: Evidence From Taiwan," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 1032-1047, October.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Jenny Meyer, 2011. "Workforce age and technology adoption in small and medium-sized service firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 305-324, October.
- Petri Rouvinen, 2002. "Characteristics of product and process innovators: some evidence from the Finnish innovation survey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 575-580.
- Borghans,Lex & Weel,Bas,ter, 2002. "Do Older Workers Have More Trouble Using a Computer Than Younger Workers?," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, November.
- Coase, R H, 1988. "The Nature of the Firm: Influence," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 33-47, Spring.
- Fernando Muñoz-Bullón & Miguel A. Malo, 2003. "Employment status mobility from a life-cycle perspective," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 9(7), pages 119-162, October.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Maliranta, Mika, 2007. "Aging, Labor Turnover and Firm Performance," Discussion Papers 1092, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Coase, R H, 1988. "The Nature of the Firm: Meaning," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 19-32, Spring.
- Schneider, Lutz, 2007. "Alterung und technologisches Innovationspotential : Eine Linked-Employer-Employee-Analyse," IWH Discussion Papers 2/2007, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Alex Coad & Werner Hölzl, 2009. "On the Autocorrelation of Growth Rates," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 139-166, June.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Mauro Napoletano & Andrea Roventini, 2006. "How Do Output Growth Rate Distributions Look Like? Some Time-Series Evidence on OECD Countries," Papers physics/0607180, arXiv.org.
- G. Bottazzi & E. Cefis & G. Dosi & A. Secchi, 2007. "Invariances and Diversities in the Patterns of Industrial Evolution: Some Evidence from Italian Manufacturing Industries," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 137-159, June.
- Alexander Ludwig, 2005. "Aging and Economic Growth: The Role of Factor Markets and of Fundamental Pension Reforms," MEA discussion paper series 05094, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Location: A Neglected Determinant of Firm Growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(1), pages 79-107, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harms, Rainer & Luck, Florian & Kraus, Sascha & Walsh, Steven, 2014. "On the motivational drivers of gray entrepreneurship: An exploratory study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 358-365.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurial aging; firm growth; employment growth; extreme growth events; age; workforce;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-06-13 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-06-13 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-FDG-2012-06-13 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:kitwps:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwkitde.html .