Measuring the Statistical Capacity of Nations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cameron,Grant James & Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Dinc,Mustafa & Foster,James Stephen & Lokshin,Michael M., 2019. "Measuring the Statistical Capacity of Nations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8693, The World Bank.
- Grant J. Cameron & Hai-Anh H. Dang & Mustafa Dinc & James Foster & Michael M. Lokshin, 2019. "Measuring the statistical capacity of nations," Working Papers 491, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cesar A. Hidalgo & Ricardo Hausmann, 2009. "The Building Blocks of Economic Complexity," Papers 0909.3890, arXiv.org.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 476-487.
- Hai‐Anh H. Dang & Peter F. Lanjouw, 2017.
"Welfare Dynamics Measurement: Two Definitions of a Vulnerability Line and Their Empirical Application,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 633-660, December.
- Dang , Hai-Anh H. & Lanjouw, Peter F., 2014. "Welfare dynamics measurement : two definitions of a vulnerability line and their empirical application," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6944, The World Bank.
- Sabina Alkire, James E. Foster, Suman Seth, Maria Emma Santos, Jose M. Roche and Paola Ballon, 2015. "Multidimensional Poverty Measurement and Analysis: Chapter 9 - Distribution and Dynamics," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp090_ch9.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Atkinson, Tony & Cantillon, Bea & Marlier, Eric & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Social Indicators: The EU and Social Inclusion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199253494.
- Sabina Alkire, James E. Foster, Suman Seth, Maria Emma Santos, JosÃ© M. Roche and Paola Ballon, 2015. "Multidimensional Poverty Measurement and Analysis: Chapter 7 - Data and Analysis," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp088_ch7.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Kathleen Beegle & Luc Christiaensen & Andrew Dabalen & Isis Gaddis, 2016. "Poverty in a Rising Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22575, 06-2020.
- James Foster & Suman Seth & Michael Lokshin & Zurab Sajaia, 2013. "A Unified Approach to Measuring Poverty and Inequality--Theory and Practice : Streamlined Analysis with ADePT Software," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13731, 06-2020.
- Koen Decancq & María Ana Lugo, 2013.
"Weights in Multidimensional Indices of Wellbeing: An Overview,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 7-34, January.
- Koen DECANCQ & María Ana LUGO, 2010. "Weights in multidimensional indices of well-being: an overview," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces10.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- DECANCQ, Koen & LUGO, Maria Ana, 2013. "Weights in multidimensional indices of wellbeing: an overview," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2493, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kreps, David M, 1979. "A Representation Theorem for "Preference for Flexibility"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 565-577, May.
- Hai-Anh H. Dang & Andrew L. Dabalen, 2019.
"Is Poverty in Africa Mostly Chronic or Transient? Evidence from Synthetic Panel Data,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(7), pages 1527-1547, July.
- Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Dabalen,Andrew L. & Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Dabalen,Andrew L., 2017. "Is Poverty in Africa mostly chronic or transient ? evidence from synthetic panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8033, The World Bank.
- Dimitri Sanga & Bakary Dosso & Steve Gui‐Diby, 2011. "Tracking Progress Towards Statistical Capacity Building Efforts: The African Statistical Development Index," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 79(3), pages 303-329, December.
- Sampawende J.‐A. Tapsoba & Codjo Neree Noumon & Robert C. York, 2017. "Can Statistical Capacity Building Help Reduce Procyclical Fiscal Policy?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 407-430, May.
- A. Atkinson, 2003. "Multidimensional Deprivation: Contrasting Social Welfare and Counting Approaches," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 51-65, April.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James & Seth, Suman & Santos, Maria Emma & Roche, Jose Manuel & Ballon, Paola, 2015. "Multidimensional Poverty Measurement and Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199689491.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dang, Hai-Anh H. & Serajuddin, Umar, 2020.
"Tracking the sustainable development goals: Emerging measurement challenges and further reflections,"
Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Dang, Hai-Anh H. & Fu, Haishan & Serajuddin, Umar, 2019. "Tracking the Sustainable Development Goals: Emerging Measurement Challenges and Further Reflections," GLO Discussion Paper Series 327, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Serajuddin,Umar, 2019. "Tracking the Sustainable Development Goals : Emerging Measurement Challenges and Further Reflections," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8843, The World Bank.
- Hai-Anh H. Dang & Umar Serajuddin, 2019. "Tracking the Sustainable Development Goals: Emerging measurement challenges and further reflections," Working Papers 495, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
More about this item
Keywordsstatistical capacity; statistical indicators; statistical index; national statistical system; data; measurement;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.