Poverty in a Rising Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Annamaria Milazzo & Dominique Walle, 2017.
"Women Left Behind? Poverty and Headship in Africa,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(3), pages 1119-1145, June.
- Milazzo,Annamaria & Van De Walle,Dominique, 2015. "Women left behind ? poverty and headship in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7331, The World Bank.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "The Millennium Development Goals Report 2015," Working Papers id:7097, eSocialSciences.
- Calogero Carletto & Dean Jolliffe & Raka Banerjee, 2015.
"From Tragedy to Renaissance: Improving Agricultural Data for Better Policies,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 133-148, February.
- Banerjee,Raka & Carletto,Calogero & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Banerjee,Raka & Carletto,Calogero & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell, 2015. "From tragedy to renaissance : improving agricultural data for better policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7150, The World Bank.
- Berg, Andrew & Ostry, Jonathan D. & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2012. "What makes growth sustained?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 149-166.
- Newhouse, D. & Shivakumaran, S. & Takamatsu, S. & Yoshida, N., 2014. "How survey-to-survey imputation can fail," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6961, The World Bank.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Maria Ana Lugo, 2013.
"Multidimensional Poverty Analysis: Looking for a Middle Ground,"
The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 220-235, August.
- Francisco Ferreira & Maria Ana Lugo, 2011. "Multidimensional poverty analysis: Looking for a middle ground," Working Papers 251, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lugo, Maria Ana, 2012. "Multidimensional Poverty Analysis: Looking for a Middle Ground," IZA Policy Papers 45, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francisco Ferreira & Maria Ana Lugo, 2012. "Multidimensional poverty analysis: Looking for a middle ground," Working Papers 251, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lugo, Maria Ana, 2012. "Multidimensional poverty analysis: Looking for a middle ground," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5964, The World Bank.
- Verwimp,Philip & Maystadt,Jean-Francois Paul Claude, 2015. "Forced displacement and refugees in Sub-Saharan Africa : an economic inquiry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7517, The World Bank.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "The Millennium Development Goals Report 2015," Working Papers id:7222, eSocialSciences.
- Etang Ndip,Alvin & Hoogeveen,Johannes G. & Lendorfer,Julia, 2015. "Socioeconomic impact of the crisis in north Mali on displaced people," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7253, The World Bank.
- Morten Jerven, 2013. "Comparability of GDP estimates in Sub-Saharan Africa: The effect of Revisions in Sources and Methods Since Structural Adjustment," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59, pages 16-36, October.
- Mitra, Sophie & Posarac, Aleksandra & Vick, Brandon, 2013. "Disability and Poverty in Developing Countries: A Multidimensional Study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-18.
- Bruce W. Hamilton, 2001. "Using Engel's Law to Estimate CPI Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 619-630, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Punam Chuhan-Pole & Cesar Calderon & Gerard Kambou & Sebastien Boreux & Mapi M. Buitano & Vijdan Korman & Megumi Kubota, "undated". "Africa's Pulse, October 2015," World Bank Publications - Reports 22722, The World Bank Group.
- Derek Asuman & Charles Godfred Ackah & Frank Agyire-Tettey, 2021. "Disability and Household Welfare in Ghana: Costs and Correlates," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 633-649, December.
- Diana K. L. Ngo & Luc Christiaensen, 2019.
"The Performance Of A Consumption Augmented Asset Index In Ranking Households And Identifying The Poor,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 65(4), pages 804-833, December.
- Ngo,Diana & Christiaensen,Luc, 2018. "The performance of a consumption augmented asset index in ranking Households and Identifying the Poor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8362, The World Bank.
- Amita Majumder & Ranjan Ray & Sattwik Santra, 2016. "Global and Country Poverty Rates, Welfare Rankings of the Regions and Purchasing Power Parities: How Robust Are the Results?," Monash Economics Working Papers 11-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- José Antonio Rodríguez Martín & Juan Dios Jiménez Aguilera & José Antonio Salinas Fernández & José María Martín Martín, 2016. "Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5: Progress in the Least Developed Countries of Asia," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 489-504, November.
- Caroline Jennings Saul & Heiko Gebauer, 2018. "Digital Transformation as an Enabler for Advanced Services in the Sanitation Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, March.
- Subramaniam, Mega & Pang, Natalie & Morehouse, Shandra & Asgarali-Hoffman, S. Nisa, 2020. "Examining vulnerability in youth digital information practices scholarship: What are we missing or exhausting?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Bruno F. Sunguya & Yue Ge & Linda B. Mlunde & Rose Mpembeni & Germana H. Leyna & Krishna C. Poudel & Niyati Parekh & Jiayan Huang, 2022. "Targeted and Population-Wide Interventions Are Needed to Address the Persistent Burden of Anemia among Women of Reproductive Age in Tanzania," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(14), pages 1-12, July.
- Yong‐Shik Lee, 2020. "New general theory of economic development: Innovative growth and distribution," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 402-423, May.
- Leena Eklund Karlsson & Anne Leena Ikonen & Kothar Mohammed Alqahtani & Pernille Tanggaard Andersen & Subash Thapa, 2020. "Health Equity Lens Embedded in the Public Health Policies of Saudi Arabia: A Qualitative Document Analysis," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(4), pages 21582440209, October.
- Valensisi, Giovanni & Gauci, Adrian, 2013. "Graduated without passing? The employment dimension and LDCs' prospects under the Istanbul Programme of Action," MPRA Paper 86966, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yue-Hui Yu & Man-Man Peng, 2022. "Development and Poverty Dynamics in Severe Mental Illness: A Modified Capability Approach in the Chinese Context," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(4), pages 1-13, February.
- Lisa F. Clark, 2018. "Policy conflicts in global food assistance strategies: balancing local procurement and harmonization," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(1), pages 211-222, February.
- Simon Meunier & Dale T. Manning & Loic Queval & Judith A. Cherni & Philippe Dessante & Daniel Zimmerle, 2019. "Determinants of the marginal willingness to pay for improved domestic water and irrigation in partially electrified Rwandan villages," Post-Print hal-02179229, HAL.
- Jussi T. S. Heikkila, 2020.
"Classifying economics for the common good: Connecting sustainable development goals to JEL codes,"
- Heikkilä, Jussi, 2020. "Classifying Economics for the Common Good: Connecting Sustainable Development Goals to JEL Codes," MPRA Paper 99559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Menon Martina & Perali Federico & Veronesi Marcella, 2017. "“Leaving No Child Behind:” Preferences for Social Inclusion and Altruism," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(3), pages 1-19, July.
- Shannon L. Sibbald & Nicole Haggerty, 2019. "Integrating Business and Medical Pedagogy to Accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals," Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, , vol. 13(1), pages 92-101, March.
- Dedy Rahman Wijaya & Ni Luh Putu Satyaning Pradnya Paramita & Ana Uluwiyah & Muhammad Rheza & Annisa Zahara & Dwi Rani Puspita, 2022. "Estimating city-level poverty rate based on e-commerce data with machine learning," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 195-221, March.
- Józsa, Krisztián & Török, Balázs & Stevenson, Cerissa, 2018. "Preschool and kindergarten in Hungary and the United States: A comparison within transnational development policy," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 88-95.
- Soumi Roy Chowdhury & Alok K. Bohara & Hari Katuwal & José A. Pagán & Jennifer A. Thacher, 2019. "The Impact of Ritual Bathing in a Holy Hindu River on Waterborne Diseases," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 57(1), pages 36-54, March.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty Reduction - Development Patterns and Poverty Poverty Reduction - Poverty Lines Poverty Reduction - Poverty Monitoring & Analysis Poverty Reduction - Poverty and Policy Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Economic Growth Conflict and Development - Post Conflict Reconstruction Social Development - Post Conflict Reintegration Social Development - Social Conflict and Violence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:22575. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tal Ayalon (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.