Media Attention and Choice of Major: Evidence from Anti-Doctor Violence in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claire S. H. Lim & James M. Snyder Jr. & David Strömberg Jr., 2015. "The Judge, the Politician, and the Press: Newspaper Coverage and Criminal Sentencing across Electoral Systems," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 103-135, October.
- Jetter, Michael, 2017. "The effect of media attention on terrorism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 32-48.
- Jacobsen, Grant D., 2011. "The Al Gore effect: An Inconvenient Truth and voluntary carbon offsets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Fricke, Hans & Grogger, Jeffrey & Steinmayr, Andreas, 2018.
"Exposure to academic fields and college major choice,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 199-213.
- Fricke, Hans & Grogger, Jeffrey & Steinmayr, Andreas, 2018. "Exposure to academic fields and college major choice," Munich Reprints in Economics 62821, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Currie, Janet & Lin, Wanchuan & Meng, Juanjuan, 2014. "Addressing antibiotic abuse in China: An experimental audit study," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 39-51.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bo, Shiyu & Chen, Joy & Song, Yan & Zhou, Sen, 2020. "Media attention and choice of major: Evidence from anti-doctor violence in China," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 1-19.
- Alan Manning & Paolo Masella, 2018.
"Diffusion of Social Values Through the Lens of US Newspapers,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1559, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Manning, Alan & Masella, Paolo, 2018. "Diffusion of social values through the lens of US newspapers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 91680, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernhardt, Lea & Dewenter, Ralf & Thomas, Tobias, 2020.
"Watchdog or loyal servant? Political media bias in US newscasts,"
DICE Discussion Papers
348, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Bernhardt, Lea & Dewenter, Ralf & Thomas, Tobias, 2020. "Watchdog or Loyal Servant? Political Media Bias in US Newscasts," Working Paper 183/2020, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Bensch, Gunther & Gotz, Gunnar & Peters, Jörg, 2020.
"Effects of rural electrification on employment: A comment on Dinkelman (2011),"
Ruhr Economic Papers
840, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Bensch, Gunther & Gotz, Gunnar & Peters, Jörg, 2020. "Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: A Comment on Dinkelman (2011)," MetaArXiv zhn9b, Center for Open Science.
- Stefano Carattini & Andrea Baranzini & Philippe Thalmann & Frédéric Varone & Frank Vöhringer, 2017.
"Green Taxes in a Post-Paris World: Are Millions of Nays Inevitable?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 68(1), pages 97-128, September.
- Stefano Carattini & Andrea Baranzini & Philippe Thalmann & Frederic Varone & Frank Vohringer, 2016. "Green taxes in a post-Paris world: are millions of nays inevitable?," GRI Working Papers 243, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Mastrorocco, Nicola & Ornaghi, Arianna, 2020. "Who Watches the Watchmen? Local News and Police Behavior in the United States," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 500, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Brodeur, Abel & Yousaf, Hasin, 2019. "The Economics of Mass Shootings," IZA Discussion Papers 12728, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Wang, Jing & Gong, Yanhong & Wu, Jianxiong & Jiang, Nan & Chen, Zhenyuan & Yin, Xiaoxv, 2021. "Antibiotic dispensing patterns and patient interventions for upper respiratory tract infections by hospitals and retail pharmacies: A cross-sectional study based on standardized patients," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 272(C).
- Christian Dippel & Michael Poyker, 2019. "How Common are Electoral Cycles in Criminal Sentencing?," NBER Working Papers 25716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geerling, Wayne & Magee, Gary & Raschky, Paul & Smyth, Russell, 2017. "Legally Irrelevant Factors in Judicial Decision-making: Battle Deaths and the Imposition of the Death Penalty in Nazi Germany," MPRA Paper 77159, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gregory DeAngelo & Bryan C. McCannon, 2019. "Political competition in judge and prosecutor elections," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 167-193, October.
- Layal Mansour-Ichrakieh, 2021. "The Impact of Israeli and Saudi Arabian Geopolitical Risks on the Lebanese Financial Market," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(3), pages 1-24, February.
- Sebastian Panthöfer, 2016.
"Do Doctors Prescribe Antibiotics Out of Fear of Malpractice?,"
ppa980, Job Market Papers.
- PanthÃ¶fer, S., 2016. "Do Doctors Prescribe Antibiotics Out of Fear of Malpractice?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/31, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Giovanni Facchini & Tommaso Frattini & Cora Signorotto, 2013.
"Mind What Your Voters Read: Media Exposure and International Economic Policy Making,"
Development Working Papers
358, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Frattini, Tommaso & Signorotto, Cora, 2016. "Mind what your voters read: Media exposure and international economic policy making," CEPR Discussion Papers 11282, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arvind Magesan, "undated". "Foreign Aid and Economic Growth in Developing Countries: An Instrumental Variables Approach," Working Papers 2015-08, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 25 Jun 2015.
- Toshiaki Iizuka & Hitoshi Shigeoka, 2018.
"Free for Children? Patient Cost-sharing and Healthcare Utilization,"
NBER Working Papers
25306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iizuka, Toshiaki & Shigeoka, Hitoshi, 2019. "Free for Children? Patient Cost-sharing and Healthcare Utilization," CEI Working Paper Series 2019-5, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Michael Jetter, 2017. "Mediated Terrorism: US News and Al-Qaeda Attacks," CESifo Working Paper Series 6804, CESifo.
- Ummad Mazhar, 2021. "Women empowerment and insecurity: firm-level evidence," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 56(1), pages 43-53, January.
- Tu, Meng & Zhang, Bing & Xu, Jianhua & Lu, Fangwen, 2020. "Mass media, information and demand for environmental quality: Evidence from the “Under the Dome”," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Jetter, Michael & Walker, Jay K., 2018. "The Effect of Media Coverage on Mass Shootings," IZA Discussion Papers 11900, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsMedia attention; College majors; Occupational choice; Health care;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.