Inequality of Opportunities in Health in Europe: Why So Much Difference Across Countries?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & López-Nicolás, Angel & Rice, Nigel, 2006.
"Socioeconomic inequalities in health: A comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1246-1261, September.
- Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Ángel López Nicolás & Nigel Rice, 2005. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: a comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 05/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ma, Chao & Gu, Hai & Han, Jianyu, 2013. "我国健康服务利用的机会不平等研究:基于chns2009 数据的实证分析 [A Study on the Inequality of Opportunity in Health Care Utilization:Evidence from CHNS 2009]," MPRA Paper 53765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun, Jiawei & Ma, Chao & Song, Ze & Gu, Hai, 2013. "Inequality of Opportunity in Health Care in China: Suggestion on the Construction of the Urban-Rural Integrated Medical Insurance System," MPRA Paper 49389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rivera TriviÃ±o, AndrÃ©s Felipe, 2017. "Health opportunities in Colombia," Revista Lecturas de EconomÃa, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE, issue 87, pages 125-164, March.
- Johanna Fajardo-Gonzalez, 2016.
"Inequality of opportunity in adult health in Colombia,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(4), pages 395-416, December.
- Johanna Fajardo-Gonzalez, 2016. "Inequality of opportunity in adult health in Colombia," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(4), pages 395-416, December.
- Damien Bricard & Florence Jusot & Alain Trannoy & Sandy Tubeuf, 2017. "Inequality of Opportunity in Health and the Principle of Natural Reward: evidence from European Countries," Working Papers hal-01523949, HAL.
- Felipe Rivera, 2017. "Health opportunities in Colombia," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 87, pages 125-164, Julio - D.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elena Cottini & Claudio Lucifora, 2013. "GINI DP 86: Inequalities at work Job quality, Health and Low pay in European Workplaces," GINI Discussion Papers 86, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel, 2008.
"Persistence in health limitations: A European comparative analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1472-1488, December.
- Cristina Hernández-Quevedo & Andrew M. Jones & Nigel Rice, 2007. "Persistence in health limitations: a European comparative analysis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Katharina Hauck & Aki Tsuchiya, 2010. "Health mobility: implications for efficiency and equity in priority setting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/10, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Clarke, Philip M. & Hayes, Alison J., 2009. "Measuring achievement: Changes in risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 552-561, February.
- Sarah Brown & Jennifer Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2010.
"Reservation wages, labour market participation and health,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 173(3), pages 501-529, July.
- Sarah Brown & Jenny Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2008. "Reservation Wages, Labour Market Participation And Health," Working Papers 2008002, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2008.
- ERREYGERS, Guido & CLARKE, Philip & VAN OURTI, Tom, 2010. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all? Revisiting the extended concentration index," Working Papers 2010015, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Sveréus, Sofia & Kjellsson, Gustav & Rehnberg, Clas, 2018. "Socioeconomic distribution of GP visits following patient choice reform and differences in reimbursement models: Evidence from Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(9), pages 949-956.
- Kjellsson, Gustav & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 2013.
"On correcting the concentration index for binary variables,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 659-670.
- Kjellsson , Gustav & Gerdtham, Ulf-G, 2011. "Correcting the Concentration Index for Binary Variables," Working Papers 2011:4, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M. & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European panel data,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 280-289, March.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of Horizontal Inequity in Health Care Utilisation using European Panel Data," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Teresa Bago d’Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European Panel data," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/17, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Amedeo Spadaro & Lucia Mangiavacchi & Ignacio Moral-Arce & Marta Adiego-Estella & Angela Blanco-Moreno, 2013. "Evaluating the redistributive impact of public health expenditure using an insurance value approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(5), pages 775-787, October.
- Tess Penne & Irene Cussó Parcerisas & Lauri Mäkinen & Bérénice Storms & Tim Goedemé, 2016. "Can reference budgets be used as a poverty line?," ImPRovE Working Papers 16/05, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Ronald Hagan & Andrew M. Jones & Nigel Rice, 2008. "Health Shocks and the Hazard Rate of Early Retirement in the ECHP," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 323-335, September.
- Allanson, Paul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Petrie, Dennis, 2010.
"Longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequality,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 78-86, January.
- Paul Allanson & Ulf-G Gerdtham & Dennis Petrie, 2008. "Longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequality," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 214, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis & Gerdtham, Ulf-G, 2008. "Longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-38, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alari Paulus & Holly Sutherland & Panos Tsakloglou, 2010.
"The distributional impact of in-kind public benefits in European countries,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 243-266.
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009. "The Distributional Impact of In Kind Public Benefits in European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4581, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009. "The distributional impact of in kind public benefits in European countries," EUROMOD Working Papers EM10/09, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- González Álvarez, M Luz & Barranquero, Antonio Clavero, 2009. "Inequalities in health care utilization in Spain due to double insurance coverage: An Oaxaca-Ransom decomposition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 793-801, September.
- Andrew M. Jones & Eddy Van Doorslaer & Teresa Bago D’Uva & Silvia Balia & Lynn Gambin & Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Xander Koolman & Nigel Rice, 2006. "Health and Wealth: Empirical Findings and Political Consequences," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 93-112, May.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina, 2012. "Measuring inequalities in health: What do we know? What do we need to know?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 195-206.
- Thomas Leoni, 2015. "Soziale Unterschiede in Gesundheit und Inanspruchnahme der Gesundheitsversorgung," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 88(8), pages 649-662, August.
- Mª Luz González Alvarez & Antonio Clavero Barranquero, 2008. "An analysis of income-related inequalities in the health care use by dynamic models," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 186(3), pages 9-42, October.
- Bénédicte H. Apouey & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2013.
"Child health and use of health care services in France: Evidence on the role of family income,"
- Bénédicte H. Apouey & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2013. "Child health and use of health care services in France: Evidence on the role of family income," PSE Working Papers halshs-00908932, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEurope; equality of opportunity; inequality in health; intergenerational transmission; older adults; Gini index;
All these keywords.
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-01-03 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-EUR-2011-01-03 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2011-01-03 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:hectdg:10/26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Rawlings). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.