GINI DP 74: The Impact of Publicly Provided Services on the Distribution of Resources: Review of New Results and Methods
We are grateful to Maryse Fesseau and colleagues from the OECD Statistics Directorate for comments on this work and to Maxime Ladaique (OECD Social Policy Division) for guidance on OECD social expenditure data. We gratefully acknowledge the suggestions provided by members of the Working Party on Social Policy and the OECD-Eurostat Expert Group to measure disparities in National Accounts. Finally, we are indebted to Rolf Aaberge (Statistics Norway), Joachim Frick and Markus Grabka (DIW Berlin) and Panos Tsakloglou (Athens University of Economics and Business) for the time they have taken and their invaluable support to discuss and apply alternative and innovative theories, concepts and methodology for the distributive analysis of social transfers in kind.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.uva-aias.net
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Radner, Daniel B, 1997. "Noncash Income, Equivalence Scales, and the Measurement of Economic Well-Being," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(1), pages 71-88, March.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Agar Brugiavini & Dino Rizzi, 2006. "Health, Welfare and Inequality," Working Papers 2006_41, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Nolan, Brian & Russell, Helen, 2001.
"Non-Cash Benefits and Poverty in Ireland,"
Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS39.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Bhuller, Manudeep & Langørgen, Audun & Mogstad, Magne, 2010.
"The distributional impact of public services when needs differ,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 549-562, October.
- Rolf Aaberge & Manudeep Bhuller & Audun Langørgen & Magne Mogstad, 2010. "The distributional impact of public services when needs differ," Discussion Papers 621, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Bhuller, Manudeep & Langørgen, Audun & Mogstad, Magne, 2010. "The Distributional Impact of Public Services When Needs Differ," IZA Discussion Papers 4826, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew Jones & Owen O'Donnell, .
"Equivalence Scales and the Costs of Disability,"
94/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Estupinan, Nicolas & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Munoz-Raskin, Ramon & Serebrisky,Tomas, 2007.
"Affordability and subsidies in public urban transport : what do we mean, what can be done?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4440, The World Bank.
- Tom�s Serebrisky & AndrÃÂ©s Gómez‐Lobo & Nicol�s Estupi��n & Ramón Muñoz‐Raskin, 2009. "Affordability and Subsidies in Public Urban Transport: What Do We Mean, What Can Be Done?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 715-739, January.
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009.
"The Distributional Impact of In Kind Public Benefits in European Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4581, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009. "The distributional impact of in kind public benefits in European countries," EUROMOD Working Papers EM10/09, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Callan, Tim & Smeeding, Timothy M. & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2008.
"Short-Run Distributional Effects of Public Education Transfers to Tertiary Education Students in Seven European Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3557, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tim Callan & Tim Smeeding & Panos Tsakloglou, 2008. "Short-run distributional effects of public education transfers to tertiary education students in seven European countries," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 275-288.
- Irwin Garfinkel & Lee Rainwater & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2006. "A re-examination of welfare states and inequality in rich nations: How in-kind transfers and indirect taxes change the story," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 897-919.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Grabka, Markus M. & Smeeding, Timothy M. & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2010.
"Distributional Effects of Imputed Rents in Five European Countries,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 167-179.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Grabka, Markus M. & Smeeding, Timothy M. & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2010. "Distributional effects of imputed rents in five European countries," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 167-179, September.
- Dan Andrews & Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011. "Housing Markets and Structural Policies in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 836, OECD Publishing.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2009.
"Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 700-724, June.
- Ian W.H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2007. "Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?," Working Papers 060723, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Small, Kenneth, 2007. "Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?," Discussion Papers dp-07-38, Resources For the Future.
- Peter Saunders & Peter Siminski, 2005. "Home Ownership And Inequality: Imputed Rent And Income Distribution In Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 24(4), pages 346-367, December.
- Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Ángel López Nicolás & Nigel Rice, 2005.
"Socioeconomic inequalities in health: a comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
05/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & López-Nicolás, Angel & Rice, Nigel, 2006. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: A comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1246-1261, September.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1993. "Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons: A comment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 143-146, January.
- Smeeding, Timothy M, et al, 1993. "Poverty, Inequality, and Family Living Standards Impacts across Seven Nations: The Effect of Noncash Subsidies for Health, Education and Housing," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(3), pages 229-56, September.
- Javier Asensio & Anna Matas & JosÃ©-Luis Raymond, 2003. "Redistributive effects of subsidies to urban public transport in Spain," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 433-452, July.
- Rolf Aaberge & Audun Langørgen, 2006.
"Measuring The Benefits From Public Services: The Effects Of Local Government Spending On The Distribution Of Income In Norway,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 61-83, 03.
- Rolf Aaberge & Audun Langørgen, 2003. "Measuring the Benefits from Public Services The Effects of Local Government Spending on the Distribution of Income in Norway," Discussion Papers 339, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aia:ginidp:74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiemer Salverda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.