Social health inequalities among older Europeans: the contribution of social and family background
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/medicine/health+informatics/journal/10198/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Ángel López Nicolás & Nigel Rice, 2005.
"Socioeconomic inequalities in health: a comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
05/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & López-Nicolás, Angel & Rice, Nigel, 2006. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: A comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1246-1261, September.
- Trannoy, A & Tubeuf, S & Jusot, F & Devaux, M, 2008.
"Inequality in Opportunities in Health in France: A first pass,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
08/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Alain Trannoy & Sandy Tubeuf & Florence Jusot & Marion Devaux, 2010. "Inequality of opportunities in health in France: a first pass," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(8), pages 921-938, August.
- Ann Lecluyse & Irina Cleemput, 2006. "Making health continuous: implications of different methods on the measurement of inequality," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 99-104.
- Groot, Wim, 2000. "Adaptation and scale of reference bias in self-assessments of quality of life," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 403-420, May.
- Rosemary Hyson & Janet Currie, 1999.
"Is the Impact of Health Shocks Cushioned by Socioeconomic Status? The Case of Low Birthweight,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 245-250, May.
- Janet Currie & Rosemary Hyson, 1999. "Is the Impact of Health Shocks Cushioned by Socioeconomic Status? The Case of Low Birthweight," NBER Working Papers 6999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agar Brugiavini & Tullio Jappelli & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "The Survey on Health, Aging and Wealth," CSEF Working Papers 86, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Melchior, Maria & Lert, France & Martin, Magali & Ville, Isabelle, 2006. "Socioeconomic position in childhood and in adulthood and functional limitations in midlife: Data from a nationally-representative survey of French men and women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 2813-2824, December.
- David Epstein & Dolores Jiménez-Rubio & Peter C. Smith & Marc Suhrcke, 2009. "Social determinants of health: an economic perspective," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 495-502.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/425 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2008.
"Inequality Of Opportunities Vs. Inequality Of Outcomes: Are Western Societies All Alike?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 513-546, December.
- Lefranc, A. & Pistolesi, Nicolas & Trannoy, Alain, 2005. "Inequality of opportunities vs inequality of outcomes: are western societies all alike?," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-15, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2006. "Inequality of opportunities vs. inequality of outcomes: Are Western societies all alike?," Working Papers 54, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Watanabe, Naoko, 2003.
"On decomposing the causes of health sector inequalities with an application to malnutrition inequalities in Vietnam,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 207-223, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Watanabe, Naoko, 2001. "On decomposing the causes of health sector inequalities with an application to malnutrition inequalities in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2714, The World Bank.
- Hendrik Jürges, 2006.
"True Health vs. Response Styles: Exploring Cross-country Differences in Self-reported Health,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
588, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hendrik Jürges, 2007. "True health vs response styles: exploring cross‐country differences in self‐reported health," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 163-178, 02.
- Hendrik JÃ¼rges, 2006. "True health vs. response styles: Exploring cross-country differences in self-reported health," MEA discussion paper series 06105, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Anne Case & Angela Fertig & Christina Paxson, 2004.
"The Lasting Impact of Childhood Health and Circumstance,"
246, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Case, Anne & Fertig, Angela & Paxson, Christina, 2005. "The lasting impact of childhood health and circumstance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 365-389, March.
- Pedro Rosa Dias, 2009. "Inequality of opportunity in health: evidence from a UK cohort study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(9), pages 1057-1074.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84:p:04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olsen, Karen M. & Dahl, Svenn-Åge, 2007. "Health differences between European countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 1665-1678, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7044 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:12:y:2011:i:1:p:61-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.