A Two-parameter Family of Socio-economic Health Inequality Indices: Accounting for Risk and Inequality Aversions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013.
"Circumstances And Efforts: How Important Is Their Correlation For The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity In Health?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(12), pages 1470-1495, December.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How important is their correlation for the measurement of inequality of opportunity in health?," Post-Print hal-01526037, HAL.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How Important is their Correlation for the Measurement of Inequality of Opportunity in Health?," Post-Print hal-01499622, HAL.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 476-487, August.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2009.
"Ranking intersecting Lorenz curves,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(2), pages 235-259, August.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," Discussion Papers 271, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2004. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," CEIS Research Paper 45, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking intersectiong Lorenz Curves," ICER Working Papers 08-2000, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Aaberge, Rolf, 2008. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," IZA Discussion Papers 3852, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra, 2014.
"Measuring socioeconomic health inequalities in presence of multiple categorical information,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 84-95.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2012. "Measuring Socioeconomic Health Inequalities in Presence of Multiple Categorical Information," Working Papers 1208E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Rosa Dias, 2009. "Inequality of opportunity in health: evidence from a UK cohort study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(9), pages 1057-1074.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Watanabe, Naoko, 2003.
"On decomposing the causes of health sector inequalities with an application to malnutrition inequalities in Vietnam,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 207-223, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Watanabe, Naoko, 2001. "On decomposing the causes of health sector inequalities with an application to malnutrition inequalities in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2714, The World Bank.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2012. "Fairness, Responsibility, and Welfare," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199653591.
- Alain Trannoy & Sandy Tubeuf & Florence Jusot & Marion Devaux, 2010.
"Inequality of opportunities in health in France: a first pass,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(8), pages 921-938, August.
- Trannoy, A & Tubeuf, S & Jusot, F & Devaux, M, 2008. "Inequality in Opportunities in Health in France: A first pass," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- MarÃa Noel Pi Alperin, 2016. "A multidimensional approach to measure health," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1553-1568.
- Pilar García‐Gómez & Erik Schokkaert & Tom Van Ourti & Teresa Bago d'Uva, 2015.
"Inequity in the Face of Death,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(10), pages 1348-1367, October.
- GARCIA-GOMEZ, Pilar & SCHOKKAERT, Erik & VAN OURTI, Tom & BAGO D’UVA, Teresa, 2012. "Inequity in the face of death," CORE Discussion Papers 2012024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pilar GARCIA-GOMEZ & Erik SCHOKKAERT & Tom VAN OURTI & Teresa BAGO D'UVA, 2015. "Inequity in the face of death," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2798, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pilar Garcia-Gomez & Erik Schokkaert & Tom Van Ourti & Teresa Bago d'Uva, 2012. "Inequity in the Face of Death," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-084/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Charles Blackorby & David Donaldson & Maria Auersperg, 1981. "A New Procedure for the Measurement of Inequality within and among Population Subgroups," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 665-685, November.
- A. B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201.
- Boland, Philip J. & Proschan, Frank, 1988. "Multivariate arrangement increasing functions with applications in probability and statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 286-298, May.
- Pedro Rosa Dias, 2010. "Modelling opportunity in health under partial observability of circumstances," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 252-264.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1983. "On an Extension of the Gini Inequality Index," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 617-628, October.
- DEUTSCH Joseph & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel & SILBER Jacques, 2016. "Disentangling the impacts of circumstances and efforts on health inequality: the case of Luxembourg," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-07, LISER.
- MUSSARD Stéphane & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel & THIREAU Véronique, 2016. "Aggregable Health Inequality Indices," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-11, LISER.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5065 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christine Le Clainche & Jerome Wittwer, 2015. "Responsibility‐Sensitive Fairness in Health Financing: Judgments in Four European Countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 470-480, April.
- Suman Seth, 2013. "A class of distribution and association sensitive multidimensional welfare indices," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(2), pages 133-162, June.
- A. Atkinson, 2003. "Multidimensional Deprivation: Contrasting Social Welfare and Counting Approaches," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 51-65, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makdissi, Paul & Sylla, Daouda & Yazbeck, Myra, 2013. "Decomposing health achievement and socioeconomic health inequalities in presence of multiple categorical information," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 964-968.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GENEVOIS Anne-Sophie & LIEGEOIS Philippe & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel, 2019. "DyMH_LU: a simple tool for modelling and simulating the health status of the Luxembourgish elderly in the longer run," LISER Working Paper Series 2019-06, LISER.
More about this item
KeywordsCounting; Dominance; Health; Inequality; Risk;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2016-11-06 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:cepswp:2016-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library and Documentation). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepsslu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.