Correcting the Concentration Index for Binary Variables
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 2003. "Does inequality in self-assessed health predict inequality in survival by income? Evidence from Swedish data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(9), pages 1621-1629, November.
- Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & López-Nicolás, Angel & Rice, Nigel, 2006.
"Socioeconomic inequalities in health: A comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1246-1261, September.
- Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Ángel López Nicolás & Nigel Rice, 2005. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: a comparative longitudinal analysis using the European Community Household Panel," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 05/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Clarke, Philip M. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus & Bingefors, Kerstin & Smith, Len, 2002. "On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 1923-1928, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2014.
"Understanding The Vertical Equity Judgements Underpinning Health Inequality Measures,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(11), pages 1390-1396, November.
- Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis, 2012. "Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-06, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2012. "Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 264, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Carrieri, Vincenzo & Wuebker, Ansgar, 2013.
"Assessing inequalities in preventive care use in Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 247-257.
- Carrieri, Vincenzo & Wübker, Ansgar, 2012. "Assessing Inequalities in Preventive Care Use in Europe," Ruhr Economic Papers 371, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Lundborg, Petter & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nystedt, Paul, 2012. "Do Socioeconomic Factors Really Explain Income-Related Inequalities in Health? Applying a Twin Design to Standard Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 2012:21, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Erreygers, Guido & Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom, 2012. "“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who in this land is fairest of all?”—Distributional sensitivity in the measurement of socioeconomic inequality of health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 257-270.
- Erreygers, Guido & Van Ourti, Tom, 2011.
"Measuring socioeconomic inequality in health, health care and health financing by means of rank-dependent indices: A recipe for good practice,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 685-694, July.
- Guido Erreygers & Tom Van Ourti, 2010. "Measuring Socioeconomic Inequality in Health, Health Care and Health Financing by Means of Rank-Dependent Indices: A Recipe for Good Practice," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-076/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:ifs:fistud:v:38:y:2017:i::p:445-468 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heckley, Gawain A. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Kjellsson, Gustav, 2014. "A New Approach to Decomposition of a Bivariate Rank Dependent Index Using Recentered Influence Function Regression," Working Papers 2014:36, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 01 Apr 2015.
- Joan Costa‐Font & Edward C. Norton & Luigi Siciliani & Vincenzo Carrieri & Cinzia Di Novi & Cristina Elisa Orso, 2017.
"Home Sweet Home? Public Financing and Inequalities in the Use of Home Care Services in Europe,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 38, pages 445-468, September.
- Vincenzo Carrieri & Cinzia Di Novi & Cristina Orso, 2015. "Home Sweet Home? Public Financing and Inequalities in the use of Home Care Services in Europe," Working Papers 2015:14, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Carrieri, V. & Wuebker, A., 2012. "Assessing inequalities in preventive care use in Europe: A special case of health-care inequalities?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/25, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Vincenzo Carrieri & Ansgar Wübker, 2012. "Assessing Inequalities in Preventive Care Use in Europe," Ruhr Economic Papers 0371, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0371 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshealth inequalities; socioeconomic inequality; concentration index; binary variables;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-05 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2011_004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .