The bounds of the concentration index when the variable of interest is binary, with an application to immunization inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
- Gilbert,Christopher L. & Vines,David (ed.), 2000. "The World Bank," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521790956.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kenya Valeria M. S. Noronha & M™nica Viegas Andrade, 2002. "Desigualdades sociais em saúde: evidências empíricas sobre o caso brasileiro," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td171, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Anna D’Ambrosio & Roberto Leombruni & Tiziano Razzolini, 2022. "Trading off wage for workplace safety? Gaps between immigrants and natives in Italy," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 39(3), pages 903-960, October.
- D’Ambrosio, Anna & Leombruni, Roberto & Razzolini, Tiziano, 2017. "Native-Migrant Differences in Trading Off Wages and Workplace Safety," IZA Discussion Papers 10523, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Overall versus socioeconomic health inequality: a measurement framework and two empirical illustrations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 297-301, March.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2005. "Inequality decomposition and geographic targeting with applications to China and Vietnam," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 649-653, June.
- Laura Rossouw & Hana Ross, 2021. "Understanding Period Poverty: Socio-Economic Inequalities in Menstrual Hygiene Management in Eight Low- and Middle-Income Countries," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(5), pages 1-14, March.
- H. Eme Ichoku & William Fonta & Michael Thiede, 2011. "Socioeconomic gradients in self-rated health: a developing country case study of Enugu State, Nigeria," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 179-202, August.
- Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M. & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European panel data,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 280-289, March.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of Horizontal Inequity in Health Care Utilisation using European Panel Data," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Teresa Bago d’Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European Panel data," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/17, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cahuana-Hurtado, Lucero & Sosa-Rubí, Sandra & Rubalcava-Peñafiel, Luis & Panopoulou, Panagiota & Rodriguez-Oliveros, Guadalupe, 2013. "Efectos heterogéneos en la demanda ante un impuesto al refresco en México [Will the poor and high consumers benefit more by obesity prevention fiscal policies? Evidence from Mexico]," MPRA Paper 61277, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2014.
- Martins, Lurdes & Veiga, Paula, 2010. "Do inequalities in parents' education play an important role in PISA students' mathematics achievement test score disparities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1016-1033, December.
- Sam Harper & Eric Ruder & Henry A. Roman & Amelia Geggel & Onyemaechi Nweke & Devon Payne-Sturges & Jonathan I. Levy, 2013. "Using Inequality Measures to Incorporate Environmental Justice into Regulatory Analyses," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-21, August.
- Kristina Burström & Magnus Johannesson & Finn Diderichsen, 2005. "Increasing socio‐economic inequalities in life expectancy and QALYs in Sweden 1980–1997," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 831-850, August.
- Kajal Lahiri & Zulkarnain Pulungan, 2006.
"Health Inequality and Its Determinants in New York,"
06-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Kajal Lahiri & Zulkarnain Pulungan, 2009. "Health Inequality and Its Determinants in New York," Discussion Papers 09-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Olufunke Alaba & Lumbwe Chola, 2014. "Socioeconomic Inequalities in Adult Obesity Prevalence in South Africa: A Decomposition Analysis," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Udaya S Mishra & William Joe, 2010. "Socioeconomic Inequalities in Childhood Undernutrition in India An Application of the Corrected Concentration Index," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 847-854.
- Paraje, Guillermo, 2009. "Child stunting and and socio-economic inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Jørgen Lauridsen & Jalandhar Pradhan, 2011. "Socio-economic inequality of immunization coverage in India," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-6, December.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Pulungan, Zulkarnain, 2007. "Income-related health disparity and its determinants in New York state: racial/ethnic and geographical comparisons," MPRA Paper 21694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xu, Ke Tom, 2006. "State-level variations in income-related inequality in health and health achievement in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 457-464, July.
- Khaled, Mohamad A. & Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra, 2018.
"Income-related health transfers principles and orderings of joint distributions of income and health,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 315-331.
- Mohamed Khaled & Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2016. "Income-Related Health Transfers Principles and Orderings of Joint Distributions of Income and Health," Discussion Papers Series 574, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Mohamed Khaled & Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2016. "Income-Related Health Transfers Principles and Orderings of Joint Distributions of Income and Health," Working Papers 160009, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:4:p:429-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.