The bounds of the concentration index when the variable of interest is binary, with an application to immunization inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
- Gilbert,Christopher L. & Vines,David (ed.), 2000. "The World Bank," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521790956.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Sundberg, Gun, 1996. "Measuring Income-Related Health Inequalities in Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 120, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Peng Nie & Andrew E. Clarck & Conchita D'Ambrosio & Lanlin Ding, 2020. "Income-related health inequality in urban China (1991-2015): The role of homeownership and housing conditions," Working Papers 524, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Clarke, Philip & Van Ourti, Tom, 2010. "Calculating the concentration index when income is grouped," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 151-157, January.
- William Joe & U. S. Mishra & K. Navaneetham, 2009. "Inequalities in Childhood Malnutrition in India: Some Evidence on Group Disparities," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 417-439.
- Kenya Valeria M. S. Noronha & M™nica Viegas Andrade, 2002. "Desigualdades sociais em saúde: evidências empíricas sobre o caso brasileiro," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td171, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Tom Van Ourti & Philip Clarke, 2008. "The Bias of the Gini Coefficient due to Grouping," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-095/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Overall versus socioeconomic health inequality: a measurement framework and two empirical illustrations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 297-301, March.
- Chen, Zhuo & Roy, Kakoli, 2009. "Calculating concentration index with repetitive values of indicators of economic welfare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 169-175, January.
- M. Dolores Montoya Diaz, 2002. "Socio‐economic health inequalities in Brazil: gender and age effects," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 141-154, March.
- Khaled, Mohamad A. & Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra, 2018.
"Income-related health transfers principles and orderings of joint distributions of income and health,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 315-331.
- Mohamed Khaled & Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2016. "Income-Related Health Transfers Principles and Orderings of Joint Distributions of Income and Health," Working Papers 160009, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Mohamed Khaled & Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2016. "Income-Related Health Transfers Principles and Orderings of Joint Distributions of Income and Health," Discussion Papers Series 574, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2005. "Inequality decomposition and geographic targeting with applications to China and Vietnam," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 649-653, June.
- Ziebarth, Nicolas, 2010.
"Measurement of health, health inequality, and reporting heterogeneity,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 116-124, July.
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2009. "Measurement of Health, the Sensitivity of the Concentration Index, and Reporting Heterogeneity," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 211, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Udaya S. Mishra, 2016. "Measuring Progress Towards MDGs in Child Health: Should Base Line Sensitivity and Inequity Matter?," Working Papers id:10705, eSocialSciences.
- Cleon Tsimbos, 2010. "An assessment of socio-economic inequalities in health among elderly in Greece, Italy and Spain," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(1), pages 5-15, February.
- H. Eme Ichoku & William Fonta & Michael Thiede, 2011. "Socioeconomic gradients in self-rated health: a developing country case study of Enugu State, Nigeria," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 179-202, August.
- Bago d'Uva, Teresa & Jones, Andrew M. & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European panel data,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 280-289, March.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of Horizontal Inequity in Health Care Utilisation using European Panel Data," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Teresa Bago d’Uva & Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2007. "Measurement of horizontal inequity in health care utilisation using European Panel data," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/17, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Razzolini, Tiziano & Leombruni, Roberto & Mastrobuoni, Giovanni & Pagliero, Mario, 2014.
"Beneath the surface: The decline in gender injury gap,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 282-288.
- Tiziano Razzolini & Roberto Leombruni & Giovanni Mastrobuoni & Mario Pagliero, 2012. "Beneath the Surface: the Decline in Gender Injury Gap," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 286, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Razzolini, Tiziano & Leombruni, Roberto & Mastrobuoni, Giovanni & Pagliero, Mario, 2013. "Beneath the Surface: The Decline in Gender Injury Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 7849, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lu, Jui-fen R. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Kwon, Soonman & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O'Donnell, Owen, 2007. "Horizontal equity in health care utilization evidence from three high-income Asian economies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 199-212, January.
- Martins, Lurdes & Veiga, Paula, 2010. "Do inequalities in parents' education play an important role in PISA students' mathematics achievement test score disparities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1016-1033, December.
- Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo, 2012. "Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(5), pages 905-913.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:4:p:429-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.