Are Product Innovation and Flexible Technology Complements?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Novshek & Lynda Thoman, 2006.
"Demand for Customized Products, Production Flexibility, and Price Competition,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 969-998, December.
- William Novshek & Lynda Thoman, 1999. "Demand for Customized Products, Production Flexibility, and Price Competition," CIG Working Papers FS IV 99-37, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Gurisatti, Paolo & Soli, Vladimiro & Tattara, Giuseppe, 1997. "Patterns of Diffusion of New Technologies in Small Metal-Working Firms: The Case of an Italian Region," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 275-312, March.
- Arora, Ashish, 1996. "Testing for complementarities in reduced-form regressions: A note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-55, January.
- Patibandla, Murali & Chandra, Pankaj, 1998. "Organizational practices and employee performance: the case of the Canadian primary textile industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 431-442, December.
- Vives, Xavier, 1986. "Commitment, flexibility and market outcomes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 217-229, June.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994. "Monotone Comparative Statics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-180, January.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Schmitt, Nicolas, 1994. "Flexible Manufacturing and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 875-888, September.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1980. "Decision Making and the Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 269-283, June.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw & Giovanna Prennushi, 1995. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity," NBER Working Papers 5333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Bushnell, P Timothy & Shepard, Allen D, 1995. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 987-990, September.
- Xavier de Groote, 1994. "The Flexibility of Production Processes: A General Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(7), pages 933-945, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSupermodularity; Flexible Technology; Product Innovation; Multi-product Firms; Demand Uncertainty; Capacity Constraints;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wzb:wzebiv:fsiv01-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Rontganger). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cicwzde.html .