Better Observability Promotes the Adoption of more Flexible Technologies
We study in this paper how the technological flexibility choices and equilibrium configurations depend first on the industry characteristics (demand function and cost parameters specific to the multiproduct flexible technology and to the product dedicated technologies) and, second, on the observability conditions prevailing in the industry. We show that better observability tends to promote the adoption of more flexible technologies.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: 05 61 22 55 63
Web page: http://www-gremaq.univ-tlse1.fr/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vives, Xavier, 1989. "Technological competition, uncertainty, and oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 386-415, August.
- Boyer, Marcel & Moreaux, Michel, 1996.
"Capacity Commitment versus Flexibility,"
IDEI Working Papers
63, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Schmitt, N., 1991.
"Flexible Manufacturing and Market Structure,"
1991-02, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- W. Bentley MacLeod & Daniel Parent, 1999.
"Job characteristics, wages, and the employment contract,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 13-27.
- W. Bentley MacLeod & Daniel Parent, 1998. "Job Characteristics, Wages and the Employment Contract," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-37, CIRANO.
- Donald Gerwin, 1993. "Manufacturing Flexibility: A Strategic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(4), pages 395-410, April.
- Marcel Boyer & Armel Jacques & Michel Moreaux, 1998.
"Observability, Commitment and Flexibility,"
CIRANO Working Papers
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:gremaq:98.505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.