Diffusion of innovation within an agent-based model: Spinsons, independence and advertising
We modify a two-dimensional variant of a two-state non-linear voter model and apply it to understand how new ideas, products or behaviors spread throughout the society in time. In particular, we want to find answers to two important questions in the field of diffusion of innovation: Why does the diffusion of innovation take sometimes so long? and Why does it fail so often? Because these kind of questions cannot be answered within classical aggregate diffusion models, like the Bass model, we use an agent-based modeling approach.
|Date of creation:||10 Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://prac.im.pwr.wroc.pl/~hugoEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sznajd-Weron, K. & Weron, R., 2003.
"How effective is advertising in duopoly markets?,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 437-444.
- Weyant, John P., 2011. "Accelerating the development and diffusion of new energy technologies: Beyond the "valley of death"," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 674-682, July.
- Galam, Serge & Vignes, Annick, 2005. "Fashion, novelty and optimality: an application from Physics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 351(2), pages 605-619.
- Tal Garber & Jacob Goldenberg & Barak Libai & Eitan Muller, 2004. "From Density to Destiny: Using Spatial Dimension of Sales Data for Early Prediction of New Product Success," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 419-428, August.
- F. Slanina & H. Lavicka, 2003. "Analytical results for the Sznajd model of opinion formation," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 279-288, September.
- Kacperski, Krzysztof & Hołyst, Janusz A., 2000. "Phase transitions as a persistent feature of groups with leaders in models of opinion formation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 631-643.
- Katarzyna Sznajd-Weron & Jozef Sznajd, 2000. "Opinion evolution in closed community," HSC Research Reports HSC/00/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- K. Sznajd-Weron & R. Weron, 2000. "A simple model of price formation," Papers cond-mat/0101001, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2001.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Jacob Goldenberg & Oded Lowengart & Daniel Shapira, 2009. "Zooming In: Self-Emergence of Movements in New Product Growth," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 274-292, 03-04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuu:wpaper:hsc1304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.