Measuring the well being of children using a capability approach An application to Indian data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rao, Vijayendra, 1993.
"The Rising Price of Husbands: A Hedonic Analysis of Dowry Increases in Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 666-677, August.
- Vijayendra Rao, "undated". "The Rising Price of Husbands: A Hedonic Analysis of Dowry Increases in Rural India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1970. "Estimation of Regression Relationships Containing Unobservable Independent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 441-454, October.
- Phipps, Shelley, 2002. "The Well-Being of Young Canadian Children in International Perspective: A Functionings Approach," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 493-515, December.
- David M. Blau, 1999. "The Effect Of Income On Child Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 261-276, May.
- Vani Borooah & Sriya Iyer, 2005.
"Vidya, Veda, and Varna: The influence of religion and caste on education in rural India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1369-1404.
- Vani K. Borooah & Sriya Iyer, 2002. "Vidya, Veda, and Varna: The Influence of Religion and Caste on Education in Rural India," ICER Working Papers 32-2002, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Caldwell, John C., 1993. "Health transition: The cultural, social and behavioural determinants of health in the Third World," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 125-135, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Tommaso Maria Laura & Shima Isilda & Steinar Strom & Bettio Francesca, 2007.
"As Bad as it Gets: Well Being Deprivation of Sexually Exploited Trafficked women,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
200703, University of Turin.
- Di Tommaso, M. L. & Shima, I. & Strøm, S. & Bettio, F., 2007. "As bad as it gets: Well being deprivation of sexually exploited trafficked women," Memorandum 09/2007, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Laura Di Tommaso & I. Shima & S. Strøm & F. Bettio, 2007. "As bad as it gets: well being deprivation of sexually exploited trafficked women," CHILD Working Papers wp10_07, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Tindara Addabbo & Gisella Facchinetti, 2013. "Fuzzy logic and the capability approach," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0106, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Tindara Addabbo & Maria Laura Di Tommaso & Anna Maccagnan, 2014.
"Gender Differences in Italian Children's Capabilities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 90-121, April.
- Addabbo Tindara & Di Tommao Maria Laura & Maccagnan Anna, 2011. "Gender differences in Italian children’s capabilities," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201108, University of Turin.
- Tindara Addabbo & Maria Laura Di Tommaso, 2008.
"Children capabilities and family characteristics in Italy,"
Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP)
0051, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Tindara Addabbo & Maria Laura Di Tommaso, 2008. "Children Capabilities and Family Characteristics in Italy," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 022, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Leßmann, Ortrud, 2011. "Empirische Studien zum Capability Ansatz auf der Grundlage von Befragungen: Ein Überblick," UFZ Discussion Papers 4/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Jorge A. Paz & Sebastián Waisgrais & Javier Curcio, 2017. "Medición y análisis multidimensionales del bienestar y la pobreza en niñas, niños y adolescentes en Argentina," Working Papers 17, Instituto de Estudios Laborales y del Desarrollo Económico (IELDE) - Universidad Nacional de Salta - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Jurídicas y Sociales.
- Andreassen, Leif & Dagsvik, John & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura, 2013. "Measuring capabilities with random scale models. Women’s freedom of movement," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201334, University of Turin.
- Jaya Krishnakumar & A. Nagar, 2008. "On Exact Statistical Properties of Multidimensional Indices Based on Principal Components, Factor Analysis, MIMIC and Structural Equation Models," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 481-496, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCapability Approach; Structural Equation Models; Children Well Being;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpc:wplist:wp05_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/childit.html .