Social capital at work How family, friends and civic ties relate to labour market outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holzer, Harry J, 1987. "Informal Job Search and Black Youth Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 446-452, June.
- Holzer, Harry J, 1988. "Search Method Use by Unemployed Youth," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "Social Capital and Community Governance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 419-436, November.
- Blundell, Richard & Macurdy, Thomas, 1999. "Labor supply: A review of alternative approaches," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1559-1695 Elsevier.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2000.
"The Economic Approach to Social Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "The Economic Approach to Social Capital," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1916, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matloob Piracha & Massimiliano Tani & Matias Vaira-Lucero, 2016.
"Social capital and immigrants' labour market performance,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95, pages 107-126, March.
- Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano & Vaira-Lucero, Matias, 2013. "Social Capital and Immigrants' Labour Market Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 7274, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carol Newman & Finn Tarp & Katleen Van Den Broeck, 2014.
"Social Capital, Network Effects, and Savings in Rural Vietnam,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(1), pages 79-99, March.
- Newman, Carol & Tarp, Finn & van den Broeck, Katleen, 2012. "Social Capital, Network Effects and Savings in Rural Vietnam," WIDER Working Paper Series 039, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Reimer, Bill & Lyons, Tara & Ferguson, Nelson & Polanco, Geraldina, 2007. "Social Capital as Social Relations: the contribution of normative structures," MPRA Paper 66489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanley, Janet & Stanley, John & Vella-Brodrick, Dianne & Currie, Graham, 2010. "The place of transport in facilitating social inclusion via the mediating influence of social capital," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 280-286.
- Mithen, Johanna & Aitken, Zoe & Ziersch, Anne & Kavanagh, Anne M., 2015. "Inequalities in social capital and health between people with and without disabilities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 26-35.
- Stanley, John K. & Hensher, David A. & Stanley, Janet R. & Vella-Brodrick, Dianne, 2011. "Mobility, social exclusion and well-being: Exploring the links," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 789-801, October.
- repec:cog:socinc:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:116-131 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- P - Economic Systems
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Z - Other Special Topics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpot:0408005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.