Optimality and Natural Selection in Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Blume, Lawrence E. & Easley, David, 1982. "Learning to be rational," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 340-351, April.
- Sidney G. Winter, 1964. "Economic "Natural Selection" and the Theory of the Firm," LEM Chapters Series, in: Yale Economic Essays, pages 225-272, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Prajit K. Dutta & Roy Radner, 1999. "Profit Maximization and the Market Selection Hypothesis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 769-798.
- Alvaro Sandroni, 2000. "Do Markets Favor Agents Able to Make Accurate Predicitions?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1303-1342, November.
- Sidney G. Winter, 1971. "Satisficing, Selection, and the Innovating Remnant," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(2), pages 237-261.
- Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David, 1992. "Evolution and market behavior," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 9-40, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beker, Pablo F., 2008.
"Retained earnings dynamic, internal promotions and Walrasian equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 114-156, March.
- Pablo F. Beker, 2004. "Retained Earnings Dynamic, Internal Promotions And Walrasian Equilibrium," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Beker, Pablo F, 2007. "Retained Earnings Dynamic, Internal Promotions and Walrasian Equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 813, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Beker, Pablo F., 2007. "Retained Earnings Dynamic, Internal Promotions And Walrasian Equilibrium," Economic Research Papers 269762, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Cherkashin, Dmitriy & Farmer, J. Doyne & Lloyd, Seth, 2009. "The reality game," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1091-1105, May.
- David Johnstone, 2007. "Economic Darwinism: Who has the Best Probabilities?," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 47-96, February.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2009.
"Imitators and optimizers in Cournot oligopoly,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1981-1990, December.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2002. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot Oligopoly," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 29/2002, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Burkhard C. Schipper, 2005. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot oligopoly," Working Papers 67, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2005. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot Oligopoly," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 53, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Weibull, Jörgen W., 1997. "What have we learned from Evolutionary Game Theory so far?," Working Paper Series 487, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 26 Oct 1998.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Gossner, Olivier & Serrano, Roberto, 2017.
"A normalized value for information purchases,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 266-288.
- Antonio Cabrales & Olivier Gossner & Roberto Serrano, 2017. "A normalized value for information purchases," Working Papers 2017-51, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics, revised 05 Jan 2017.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Gossner, Olivier & Serrano, Roberto, 2017. "A normalized value for information purchases," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 82501, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen Martin, 2018. "Behavioral antitrust," Chapters, in: Victor J. Tremblay & Elizabeth Schroeder & Carol Horton Tremblay (ed.), Handbook of Behavioral Industrial Organization, chapter 15, pages 404-454, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- David J. Johnstone, 2007. "The Parimutuel Kelly Probability Scoring Rule," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 66-75, June.
- John Taskinsoy, 2012. "Relevancy of Corporate Financial Policies and the Profit Maximization View of Islamic Banks," Journal of Social and Development Sciences, AMH International, vol. 3(6), pages 184-193.
- Ulrich Horst & Jan Wenzelburger, 2008. "On non-ergodic asset prices," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 34(2), pages 207-234, February.
- Leoni, Patrick L., 2013. "Survival in Cournot games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 429-434.
- Aloys L. Prinz, 2019. "Indirect Evolution and Aggregate-Taking Behavior in a Football League: Utility Maximization, Profit Maximization, and Success," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-12, May.
- J. Doyne Farmer, 2002. "Market force, ecology and evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(5), pages 895-953, November.
- Hilbert, Martin, 2016. "Formal definitions of information and knowledge and their role in growth through structural change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 69-82.
- Guo Ying Luo, 2019. "Evolution and monopolistic competition in an irrational industry," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 157-182, October.
- Patrick Leoni, 2012. "Rational expectations and monopolistic trades," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 107(2), pages 129-140, October.
- Luo, Guo Ying, 2009. "Natural Selection, Irrationality and Monopolistic Competition," MPRA Paper 15357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beker, Pablo F., 2004. "Are inefficient entrepreneurs driven out of the market?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 329-344, February.
More about this item
Keywordsevolution; natural selection; equilibrium; incomplete markets;
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:9712003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.