Testing the Gaussian Copula Hypothesis for Financial Assets Dependences
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2003. "Testing the Gaussian copula hypothesis for financial assets dependences," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 231-250.
- Yannick Malevergne & Didier Sornette, 2003. "Testing the Gaussian copula hypothesis for financial assets dependence," Post-Print hal-02312888, HAL.
- Yannick Malevergne & Didier Sornette, 2003. "Testing the Gaussian copula hypothesis for financial assets dependences," Post-Print hal-00520539, HAL.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2001. "Testing the Gaussian Copula Hypothesis for Financial Assets Dependences," Papers cond-mat/0111310, arXiv.org.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua Rosenberg, 1999. "Semiparametric Pricing of Multivariate Contingent Claims," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-028, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Richard B. Olsen & Ulrich A. Müller & Michel M. Dacorogna & Olivier V. Pictet & Rakhal R. Davé & Dominique M. Guillaume, 1997. "From the bird's eye to the microscope: A survey of new stylized facts of the intra-daily foreign exchange markets (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 95-129.
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Financial Market Contagion in the Asian Crisis," IMF Working Papers 1998/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Christian Gourieroux & Joanna Jasiak, 1998. "Truncated Maximum Likelihood and Nonparametric Tail Analysis," Working Papers 98-25, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Umberto Cherubini & Elisa Luciano, 2002. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Copulas," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 05-2002, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1999.
"What triggers market jitters?: A chronicle of the Asian crisis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 537-560, August.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1999. "What triggers market jitters? A chronicle of the Asian crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2094, The World Bank.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Sergio L. Schmukler, 1999. "What triggers market jitters: a chronicle of the Asian crisis," International Finance Discussion Papers 634, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Klugman, Stuart A. & Parsa, Rahul, 1999. "Fitting bivariate loss distributions with copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 139-148, March.
- Joe, H., 1993. "Parametric Families of Multivariate Distributions with Given Margins," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 262-282, August.
- François Longin & Bruno Solnik, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Starica, Catalin, 1999. "Multivariate extremes for models with constant conditional correlations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 515-553, December.
- De Vries, C.G. & Leuven, K.U., 1994. "Stylized Facts of Nominal Exchange Rate Returns," Papers 94-002, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- Patton, Andrew J, 2001. "Estimation of Copula Models for Time Series of Possibly Different Length," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt3fc1c8hw, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- P. Gopikrishnan & M. Meyer & L.A.N. Amaral & H.E. Stanley, 1998. "Inverse cubic law for the distribution of stock price variations," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 3(2), pages 139-140, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Leiss, Matthias & Saichev, Alexander & Sornette, Didier, 2015.
"Super-exponential endogenous bubbles in an equilibrium model of fundamentalist and chartist traders,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 289-310.
- Taisei KAIZOJI & Matthias LEISS & Alexander I. SAICHEV & Didier SORNETTE, 2015. "Super-Exponential Endogenous Bubbles in an Equilibrium Model of Fundamentalist and Chartist Traders," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-07, Swiss Finance Institute.
- D. Sornette, 2000. ""Slimming" of power law tails by increasing market returns," Papers cond-mat/0010112, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2001.
- Lux, Thomas & Sornette, Didier, 2002. "On Rational Bubbles and Fat Tails," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 589-610, August.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2001. "Multi-dimensional Rational Bubbles and fat tails: application of stochastic regression equations to financial speculation," Papers cond-mat/0101371, arXiv.org.
- Lux, Thomas, 2008. "Stochastic behavioral asset pricing models and the stylized facts," Economics Working Papers 2008-08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Y. Malevergne & V. F. Pisarenko & D. Sornette, 2003. "Empirical Distributions of Log-Returns: between the Stretched Exponential and the Power Law?," Papers physics/0305089, arXiv.org.
- Taisei Kaizoji, 2005. "Comparison of volatility distributions in the periods of booms and stagnations: an empirical study on stock price indices," Papers physics/0506114, arXiv.org.
- Sornette, D., 2002. "“Slimming” of power-law tails by increasing market returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 309(3), pages 403-418.
- Chakraborty, Abhijit & Easwaran, Soumya & Sinha, Sitabhra, 2018. "Deviations from universality in the fluctuation behavior of a heterogeneous complex system reveal intrinsic properties of components: The case of the international currency market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 509(C), pages 599-610.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette, 2000. "The Nasdaq crash of April 2000: Yet another example of log-periodicity in a speculative bubble ending in a crash," Papers cond-mat/0004263, arXiv.org, revised May 2000.
- Diego Nicolas LÃ³pez, 2006. "Crisis De Mercados De Bonos Emergentes Y Contagio: Dependencia Extrema," Documentos CEDE 002243, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Filimonov, Vladimir & Sornette, Didier, 2015. "Power law scaling and “Dragon-Kings” in distributions of intraday financial drawdowns," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 27-45.
- Simone Alfarano & Thomas Lux & Friedrich Wagner, 2005. "Estimation of Agent-Based Models: The Case of an Asymmetric Herding Model," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 19-49, August.
- Andrew Patton, 2002. "(IAM Series No 001) On the Out-Of-Sample Importance of Skewness and Asymetric Dependence for Asset Allocation," FMG Discussion Papers dp431, Financial Markets Group.
- Geluk, J.L. & De Vries, C.G., 2006.
"Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 39-56, February.
- J.L. Geluk & C.G. de Vries, 2004. "Weighted Sums of Subexponential Random Variables and Asymptotic Dependence between Returns on Reinsurance Equities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-102/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Geluk, J.L. & de Vries, C.G., 2004. "Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-47, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Brière, Marie & Chapelle, Ariane & Szafarz, Ariane, 2012.
"No contagion, only globalization and flight to quality,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1729-1744.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Chapelle & Ariane Szafarz, 2008. "No contagion, only globalization and flight to quality," DULBEA Working Papers 08-22.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Chapelle & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "No Contagion, only Globalization and Flight to Quality," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/239873, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Chapelle & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "No Contagion, only Globalization and Flight to Quality," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149092, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Chapelle & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "No contagion, only globalization and flight to quality," Working Papers CEB 12-010, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Chapelle & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "No contagion, only globalization and flight to quality," Post-Print hal-01494525, HAL.
- Klein, Arne C., 2013. "Time-variations in herding behavior: Evidence from a Markov switching SUR model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 291-304.
- Rama Cont & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 1997. "Herd behavior and aggregate fluctuations in financial markets," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500028, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Rodriguez, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Measuring financial contagion: A Copula approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 401-423, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCopulas; Dependence Modelisation; Risk Management; Tail Dependence.;
All these keywords.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G19 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2001-11-21 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0111003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.