Complex Remanence vs. Simple Persistence: Are Hysteresis and Unit-Root Processes observationally equivalent?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Y. Campbell & Pierre Perron, 1991.
"Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know About Unit Roots,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 141-220
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Perron, P., 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomics should know about unit roots," Papers 360, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- John Y. Campbell & Pierre Perron, 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know About Unit Roots," NBER Technical Working Papers 0100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John & Perron, Pierre, 1991. "Pitfalls and Opportunities: What Macroeconomists Should Know about Unit Roots," Scholarly Articles 3374863, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1997.
"The Time-Varying NAIRU and Its Implications for Economic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-32, Winter.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Time-Varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 5735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996. "The Time-varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hughes Hallett, A. J. & Piscitelli, Laura, 2002. "Testing for hysteresis against nonlinear alternatives," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 303-327, December.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Hossein Samiei, 1995. "Hysteresis in Exports," IMF Working Papers 95/52, International Monetary Fund.
- John F. Henry & L. Randall Wray, 1998. "Economic Time," Macroeconomics 9811004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vendrik, Maarten C. M., 1998. "Unstable bandwagon and habit effects on labor supply," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 235-255, August.
- Richard Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1989.
"Persistent Trade Effects of Large Exchange Rate Shocks,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 635-654.
- Richard Baldwin & Paul R. Krugman, 1986. "Persistent Trade Effects of Large Exchage Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 2017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rod Cross, 2000. "Hysteresis and Emu," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 367-379, November.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-638, June.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Charles Wyplosz, 1985. "The Zero Root Problem: A Note on the Dynamic Determination of the Stationary Equilibrium in Linear Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 353-357.
- Piscitelli, Laura & Cross, Rod & Grinfeld, Michael & Lamba, Harbir, 2000. "A Test for Strong Hysteresis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 15(1-2), pages 59-78, April.
- Bianchi, Marco & Zoega, Gylfi, 1997. "Challenges facing natural rate theory," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 535-547, April.
- Cross, Rod, 1994. "The Macroeconomic Consequences of Discontinuous Adjustment: Selective Memory of Non-dominated Extrema," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 41(2), pages 212-221, May.
- Laurence M. Ball, 1997. "Disinflation and the NAIRU," NBER Chapters,in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 167-194 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberts, Mark A. & McCausland, W. David, 1999. "Multiple international debt equilibria and irreversibility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 179-188, April.
- Amable, Bruno & Henry, Jerome & Lordon, Frederic & Topol, Richard, 1994. "Strong hysteresis versus zero-root dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 43-47.
- Avinash Dixit, 1992. "Investment and Hysteresis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 107-132, Winter.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Kollintzas, Tryphon & Zhou, Ruilin, 1992. "Import price adjustments with staggered import contracts," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 289-315, April.
- Creedy, John & Martin, Vance, 1993. "Multiple equilibria and hysteresis in simple exchange models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 339-347, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Bayer & Falko Jüßen, 2007.
"Convergence in West German Regional Unemployment Rates,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 510-535, November.
- Christian Bayer & Falko Juessen, 2004. "Convergence in West German Regional Unemployment Rates," Urban/Regional 0411007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko, 2006. "Convergence in West German Regional Unemployment Rates," Technical Reports 2006,39, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Falko Juessen & Christian Bayer, 2005. "Convergence in West German Regional Unemployment Rates," ERSA conference papers ersa05p410, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordshysteresis; non-linearity; aggregation; heterogeneity; experimental economics;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpco:0501001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.