Approaches To Measuring Consumer Benefits From Food Safety
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- van Ravenswaay, Eileen O. & Hoehn, John P., 1997. "Approaches To Measuring Consumer Benefits From Food Safety," Strategy and Policy in the Food System: Emerging Issues, June 20-21, 1996, Washington, D.C. 25941, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanya Roberts, 1989. "Human Illness Costs of Foodborne Bacteria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 468-474.
- Tsu‐Tan Fu & Jin‐Tan Liu & James K. Hammitt, 1999. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Low‐Pesticide Fresh Produce in Taiwan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 220-233, May.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Jensen, Helen H., 1991. "Modeling the Effect of Risk on Food Demand and the Implications for Regulation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 468, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kevin Boyle & Sapna Kaul & Ali Hashemi & Xiaoshu Li, 2015. "Applicability of benefit transfers for evaluation of homeland security counterterrorism measures," Chapters, in: Carol Mansfield & V. K. Smith (ed.), Benefit–Cost Analyses for Security Policies, chapter 10, pages 225-253, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- James Hammitt & Jin-Tan Liu, 2004.
"Effects of Disease Type and Latency on the Value of Mortality Risk,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 73-95, January.
- Jin-Tan Liu & James K. Hammitt, 2003. "Effects of Disease Type and Latency on the Value of Mortality Risk," NBER Working Papers 10012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivanek, Renata & Grohn, Yrjo T. & Tauer, Loren W. & Wiedmann, Martin, 2003. "The Cost and Benefit of Listeria Monocytogenes Food Safety Measures," Working Papers 127249, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chiara M. Travisi & Peter Nijkamp, 2009.
"Managing environmental risk in agriculture: a systematic perspective on the potential of quantitative policy-oriented risk valuation,"
International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1/2/3), pages 27-46.
- Travisi, C.M. & Nijkamp, P., 2009. "Managing environmental risk in agriculture: a systematic perspective on the potential of quantitative policy-oriented risk valuation," Serie Research Memoranda 0043, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Alberini, Anna & Ščasný, Milan, 2018.
"The benefits of avoiding cancer (or dying from cancer): Evidence from a four- country study,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 249-262.
- Alberini, Anna & Ščasný, Milan, 2017. "The Benefits of Avoiding Cancer (or Dying from Cancer): Evidence from a Four-country Study," SAS: Society and Sustainability 253214, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Anna Alberini & Milan Šcasný, 2017. "The Benefits of Avoiding Cancer (or Dying from Cancer): Evidence from a Four-country Study," Working Papers 2017.01, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2006.
"Are there increasing returns to pollution abatement? Empirical analytics of the Environmental Kuznets Curve in pesticides,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 617-636, June.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2006. "Testing Increasing Returns to Pollution Abatement in Pesticides," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25524, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Berger, Virginia Marie, 1992. "The economics of reducing sulfonamide residues in pork," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000017586, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lijia Mo, 2013. "Impact of food safety information on US poultry demand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1121-1131, March.
- Corsi, Alessandro, 2012.
"Willingness-to-pay in terms of price: an application to organic beef during and after the “mad cow” crisis,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 92(01), pages 25-46, October.
- Alessandro Corsi & Silvia Novelli, 2011. "Willingness-to-pay in terms of price: an application to organic beef during and after the “mad cow” crisis," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 92(1), pages 25-46.
- Corsi, Alessandro & Novelli, Silvia, 2011. "Willingness-to-pay in terms of price: an application to organic beef during and after the “mad cow” crisis," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 92(1).
- Lin, Kung-Cheng, 1993. "Demand for risky foods and food safety," ISU General Staff Papers 1993010108000011839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Prabhurajeshwar C & Kelmani Chandrakanth R, 2018. "Shigellosis: Its Prevention and Management Issues," Concepts of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences, Lupine Publishers, LLC, vol. 1(5), pages 125-134, June.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Ranganathan, V., 2004. "Farmers' willingness to pay for power in India: conceptual issues, survey results and implications for pricing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- Raymond J. G. M. Florax & Chiara M. Travisi & Peter Nijkamp, 2005.
"A meta-analysis of the willingness to pay for reductions in pesticide risk exposure,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 441-467, December.
- Chiara M. Travisi & Peter Nijkamp & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2004. "A Meta-Analysis of the Willingness to Pay for Reductions in Pesticide Risk Exposure," Working Papers 2004.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Travisi, Chiara M. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of the Willingness to Pay for Reductions in Pesticide Risk Exposure," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19524, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chanita Panmanee & Aree Cheamuangphan & Kasem Kunasri, 2013. "Consumer preferences, willingness to pay and ability to pay for fresh organic vegetables in Chiang Mai province," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 2(1), pages 29-42, March.
- Travisi, Chiara M. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2004. "Are Italians Willing to Pay for Agricultural Environmental Safety? A Stated Choice Approach," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24988, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Steahr, Thomas E. & McMullin, Pamela, 1991. "An Interdisciplinary Framework For The Analysis Of Foodborne Disease," Working Papers 116100, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Snyder, Jason & Smart, Jennifer & Goeb, Joey & Tschirley, David, 2015. "Pesticide use in Sub-Saharan Africa: Estimates, Projections, and Implications in the Context of Food System Transformation," Miscellaneous Publications 230980, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Souza, Sulma Vanessa & Gimenes, Régio Marcio Toesca & Binotto, Erlaine, 2019. "Economic viability for deploying hydroponic system in emerging countries: A differentiated risk adjustment proposal," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 357-369.
- Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng & Swisher, Marilyn & House, Lisa & Zhao, Xin, 2018. "Eco-labeling in the Fresh Produce Market: Not All Environmentally Friendly Labels Are Equally Valued," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 201-210.
- Torres, Cati & Faccioli, Michela & Riera Font, Antoni, 2017.
"Waiting or acting now? The effect on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 231-240.
- Cati Torres & Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera, 2015. "Waiting or acting now? The effects on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments," DEA Working Papers 74, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
More about this item
KeywordsFood safety; consumer benefits; cost/benefit analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:marerp:9616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rrumaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.