Geographic Determinants of Hi-Tech Employment Growth in U.S. Counties
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maggioni Mario, 2004. "High-tech Firms' Location and the Development of Innovative Industrial Clusters: A Survey of the Literature," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 127-166.
- Sinai, Todd & Waldfogel, Joel, 2004.
"Geography and the Internet: is the Internet a substitute or a complement for cities?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Todd Sinai & Joel Waldfogel, 2003. "Geography and the Internet: Is the Internet a Substitute or a Complement for Cities?," NBER Working Papers 10028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008.
"Lost in space: population growth in the American hinterlands and small cities,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(6), pages 727-757, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2007. "Lost in Space: Population Dynamics in the American Hinterlands and Small Cities," Economics Working Paper Series 0707, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Patridge, Mark D. & Galloway, Hamilton, 2008. "Are High-Tech Employment and Natural Amenities Linked?: Answers from a Smoothed Bayesian Spatial Model," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6459, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- A. Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006.
"R&D, spillovers, innovatoin systems and the genesis of regional growth in Europe,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0067, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006. "R&D, Spillovers, Innovation Systems and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 5, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006. "R&D, Spillovers, Innovation Systems and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa06p371, European Regional Science Association.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade, 2005.
"Transport costs: measures, determinants, and regional policy implications for France,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 319-349, June.
- Miren Lafourcade & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2005. "Transport Costs: Measures, Determinants and Regional Policy Implications for France," Post-Print halshs-00754078, HAL.
- David Mcgranahan & Timothy Wojan, 2007. "Recasting the Creative Class to Examine Growth Processes in Rural and Urban Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-216.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Mark Partridge, 1993. "High-Tech Employment And State Economic Development Policies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 23(3), pages 287-305, Winter.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Andrés Rodriguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007.
"The territorial dynamics of innovation: a Europe-United States comparative analysis,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(6), pages 673-709, November.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Storper, Michael, 2007. "The territorial dynamics of innovation: a Europe-United States comparative analysis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23328, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Martin Andersson & Karin Hellerstedt, 2009.
"Location Attributes and Start-ups in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 103-121.
- Andersson, Martin & Hellerstedt, Karin, 2008. "Location Attributes and Start-Ups in Knowledge Intensive Business Services," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 116, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Anet Weterings & Roderik Ponds, 2009. "Do Regional and Non-regional Knowledge Flows Differ? An Empirical Study on Clustered Firms in the Dutch Life Sciences and Computing Services Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 11-31.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2009.
"Industrial Location at the Intra-Metropolitan Level: The Role of Agglomeration Economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 545-558.
- Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2006. "Industrial location at the intra-metropolitan level: The role of agglomeration economies," Working Papers 2006/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bania, Neil & Eberts, Randall W & Fogarty, Michael S, 1993.
"Universities and the Startup of New Companies: Can We Generalize from Route 128 and Silicon Valley?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 761-766, November.
- Neil Bania & Randall W. Eberts & Michael S. Fogarty, "undated". "Universities and the Startup of New Companies: Can We Generalize from Route 128 and Silicon Valley?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles rwe1993, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Ali, Kamar & Olfert, M. Rose, 2010.
"Recent spatial growth dynamics in wages and housing costs: Proximity to urban production externalities and consumer amenities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 440-452, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2009. "Recent Spatial Growth Dynamics in Wages and Housing Costs: Proximity to Urban Production Externalities and Consumer Amenities," Economics Working Paper Series 0906, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2009. "Human capital, graduate migration and innovation in British regions," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 317-333, March.
- Forman, Chris & Goldfarb, Avi & Greenstein, Shane, 2005. "How did location affect adoption of the commercial Internet? Global village vs. urban leadership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 389-420, November.
- Dan Johansson & Dilek Cetindamar & Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2000. "The old and the new: the evolution of polymer and biomedical clusters in Ohio and Sweden," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(5), pages 471-488.
- Klaus Desmet & Marcel Fafchamps, 2005. "Changes in the spatial concentration of employment across US counties: a sectoral analysis 1972--2000," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 261-284, June.
- Anders Waxell & Anders Malmberg, 2007. "What is global and what is local in knowledge-generating interaction? The case of the biotech cluster in Uppsala, Sweden," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 137-159, March.
- David Bieri, 2010. "Booming Bohemia? Evidence from the US High-Technology Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 23-48.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 1999. "Static and Dynamic Externalities, Industry Composition, and State Labor Productivity: A Panel Study of States," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 319-335, October.
- Partridge Mark D. & Rickman Dan S & Ali Kamar & Olfert M. Rose, 2008. "Employment Growth in the American Urban Hierarchy: Long Live Distance," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-38, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-12-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2011-12-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-FDG-2011-12-05 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GEO-2011-12-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2011-12-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2011-12-05 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .