Geographic Determinants of Hi-Tech Employment Growth in U.S. Counties
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mario Maggioni, 2004. "High-tech Firms' Location and the Development of Innovative Industrial Clusters: A Survey of the Literature," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 127-166.
- Sinai, Todd & Waldfogel, Joel, 2004.
"Geography and the Internet: is the Internet a substitute or a complement for cities?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Todd Sinai & Joel Waldfogel, 2003. "Geography and the Internet: Is the Internet a Substitute or a Complement for Cities?," NBER Working Papers 10028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008.
"Lost in space: population growth in the American hinterlands and small cities,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(6), pages 727-757, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2007. "Lost in Space: Population Dynamics in the American Hinterlands and Small Cities," Economics Working Paper Series 0707, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Patridge, Mark D. & Galloway, Hamilton, 2008. "Are High-Tech Employment and Natural Amenities Linked?: Answers from a Smoothed Bayesian Spatial Model," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6459, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- A. Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006.
"R&D, spillovers, innovatoin systems and the genesis of regional growth in Europe,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0067, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006. "R&D, Spillovers, Innovation Systems and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 5, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2006. "R&D, Spillovers, Innovation Systems and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa06p371, European Regional Science Association.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade, 2005.
"Transport costs: measures, determinants, and regional policy implications for France,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 319-349, June.
- Miren Lafourcade & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2005. "Transport Costs: Measures, Determinants and Regional Policy Implications for France," Post-Print halshs-00754078, HAL.
- David Mcgranahan & Timothy Wojan, 2007. "Recasting the Creative Class to Examine Growth Processes in Rural and Urban Counties," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-216.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Mark Partridge, 1993. "High-Tech Employment And State Economic Development Policies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 23(3), pages 287-305, Winter.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Andrés Rodriguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007.
"The territorial dynamics of innovation: a Europe-United States comparative analysis,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(6), pages 673-709, November.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Storper, Michael, 2007. "The territorial dynamics of innovation: a Europe-United States comparative analysis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23328, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Martin Andersson & Karin Hellerstedt, 2009.
"Location Attributes and Start-ups in Knowledge-Intensive Business Services,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 103-121.
- Andersson, Martin & Hellerstedt, Karin, 2008. "Location Attributes and Start-Ups in Knowledge Intensive Business Services," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 116, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Anet Weterings & Roderik Ponds, 2009. "Do Regional and Non-regional Knowledge Flows Differ? An Empirical Study on Clustered Firms in the Dutch Life Sciences and Computing Services Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 11-31.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2009.
"Industrial Location at the Intra-Metropolitan Level: The Role of Agglomeration Economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 545-558.
- Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2006. "Industrial location at the intra-metropolitan level: The role of agglomeration economies," Working Papers 2006/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bania, Neil & Eberts, Randall W & Fogarty, Michael S, 1993.
"Universities and the Startup of New Companies: Can We Generalize from Route 128 and Silicon Valley?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 761-766, November.
- Neil Bania & Randall W. Eberts & Michael S. Fogarty, "undated". "Universities and the Startup of New Companies: Can We Generalize from Route 128 and Silicon Valley?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles rwe1993, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Ali, Kamar & Olfert, M. Rose, 2010.
"Recent spatial growth dynamics in wages and housing costs: Proximity to urban production externalities and consumer amenities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 440-452, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2009. "Recent Spatial Growth Dynamics in Wages and Housing Costs: Proximity to Urban Production Externalities and Consumer Amenities," Economics Working Paper Series 0906, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2009. "Human capital, graduate migration and innovation in British regions," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 317-333, March.
- Forman, Chris & Goldfarb, Avi & Greenstein, Shane, 2005. "How did location affect adoption of the commercial Internet? Global village vs. urban leadership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 389-420, November.
- Dan Johansson & Dilek Cetindamar & Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2000. "The old and the new: the evolution of polymer and biomedical clusters in Ohio and Sweden," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(5), pages 471-488.
- Klaus Desmet & Marcel Fafchamps, 2005. "Changes in the spatial concentration of employment across US counties: a sectoral analysis 1972--2000," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 261-284, June.
- Anders Waxell & Anders Malmberg, 2007. "What is global and what is local in knowledge-generating interaction? The case of the biotech cluster in Uppsala, Sweden," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 137-159, March.
- David Bieri, 2010. "Booming Bohemia? Evidence from the US High-Technology Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 23-48.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 1999. "Static and Dynamic Externalities, Industry Composition, and State Labor Productivity: A Panel Study of States," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 319-335, October.
- Partridge Mark D. & Rickman Dan S & Ali Kamar & Olfert M. Rose, 2008. "Employment Growth in the American Urban Hierarchy: Long Live Distance," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Attila Varga, 1998. "Local academic knowledge spillovers and the concentration of economic activity," ERSA conference papers ersa98p493, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-12-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2011-12-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-FDG-2011-12-05 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GEO-2011-12-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2011-12-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2011-12-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2011-12-05 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .