Social Capital, Institutions and Growth: Further Lessons from the Italian Regional Divide
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- L. Mauro & F. Pigliaru, 2011. "Social Capital, Institutions and Growth: Further Lessons from the Italian Regional Divide," Working Paper CRENoS 201103, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wendy Carlin, 2010. "Good Institutions are not enough: Ongoing Challenges of East German Development," CESifo Working Paper Series 3204, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001.
"The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1369-1401, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2000. "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Boltho & Wendy Carlin & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 1999.
"Will East Germany become a new Mezzogiorno?,"
Chapters,in: Economic Growth and Change, chapter 13
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- R. Paci & A. Saba, 1997. "The empirics of regional Economic growth in italy. 1951-1993," Working Paper CRENoS 199701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Emanuele Felice, 2007. "I divari regionali in Italia sulla base degli indicatori sociali (1871-2001)," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(2), pages 359-406, March-Apr.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Bubbico, 2013. "Administrative Continuity: Enhancer or Constraint for Regional Governments' Efficiency?," ERSA conference papers ersa13p493, European Regional Science Association.
- Dentinho Tomaz Ponce, 2015. "Facing Mediterranean Challenges with Memories, Realities and Feasible Dreams," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 121-127.
- Albanese Giuseppe & de Blasio Guido, 2016.
"Civic Capital and Development: Italy, 1951-2001,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 47-64.
- Giuseppe Albanese & Guido de Blasio, 2014. "Civic Capital and Development: Italy, 1951-2001," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 32, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giovanni Iuzzolino & Guido Pellegrini & Gianfranco Viesti, 2011. "Convergence among Italian Regions, 1861-2011," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 22, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Andrea Filippetti & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2015. "Does training help in times of crisis? Training in employment in Northern and Southern Italy," Working Papers 28, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Dec 2015.
- Elisabetta Addis & Majlinda Joxhe, 2016. "Gender Gaps in Social Capital: a theoretical interpretation of the Italian evidence," Working Papers 2/16, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 2017.
"On the Joint Evolution of Culture and Institutions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12000, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2017. "On the Joint Evolution of Culture and Institutions," NBER Working Papers 23375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2017. "On the Joint Evolution of Culture and Institutions," Working Papers 2017-039, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Petraglia Carmelo, 2011. "Il Mezzogiorno nella letteratura economica del 2011," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 1083-1098.
- L. Mauro & C. Buiatti & G. Carmeci, 2012. "The Origins of the Sovereign Debt of Italy: a Common Pool Issue?," Working Paper CRENoS 201212, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Jonathan Barr & Emma Clarence & Francesca Froy & Sergio Destefanis & Chris Warhurst, 2012. "Local Job Creation: How Employment and Training Agencies Can Help - The Labour Agency of the Autonomous Province of Trento, Italy," OECD Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED) Working Papers 2012/17, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-SOC-2011-11-14 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p1866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .