Spatial agglomeration and business groups: new evidence from Italian industrial districts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2006. "Spatial agglomeration and business groups: New evidence from Italian industrial districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 507-518.
References listed on IDEAS
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lazerson, Mark H & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 1999. "The Firms That Feed Industrial Districts: A Return to the Italian," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 235-266, June.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001.
"Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life Cycle of Products,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1454-1477, December.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEP Discussion Papers dp0445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery cities: urban diversity, process innovation and the life-cycle of products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20204, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 2376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban diversity, process innovation, and the life-cycle of products," Working Papers dpuga-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Valeriano Balloni & Donato Iacobucci, 2001. "I "nuovi protagonisti" dell'industria italiana," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 633-676.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Francesco Brioschi & Maria Sole Brioschi & Giulio Cainelli, 2002. "From the industrial district to the district group: An insight into the evolution of capitalism in italy1," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1037-1052.
- Boari, Cristina & Odorici, Vincenza & Zamarian, Marco, 2003. "Clusters and rivalry: does localization really matter?," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 467-489, December.
- Giulio Cainelli & Riccardo Leoncini, 1999. "Externalities and long-term local industrial development. Some empirical evidence from Italy," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 90(1), pages 25-39.
- Teece, David J. & Rumelt, Richard & Dosi, Giovanni & Winter, Sidney, 1994. "Understanding corporate coherence : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Ron A. Boschma, 2002. "Knowledge, Market Structure, and Economic Coordination: Dynamics of Industrial Districts," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 291-311.
- Donato Iacobucci, 2002. "Explaining business groups started by habitual entrepreneurs in the Italian manufacturing sector," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 31-47, January.
- Donato Iacobucci & Peter Rosa, 2005. "Growth, Diversification, and Business Group Formation in Entrepreneurial Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 65-82, August.
- Fabio Nun & Giulio Caineilli, 1996. "Changing directions in Italy's manufacturing industrial districts," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 105-118.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tattara, Giuseppe, 2005.
"Il Diverso Modo In Cui Le Piccole Imprese Misurano Il Loro Successo
[How Do Small Firms Growth?]," MPRA Paper 10783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tattara, Giuseppe, 2005. "Il diverso modo in cui le piccole imprese misurano il loro successo," MPRA Paper 24, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guido Fioretti, 2005.
"Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions,"
- Fioretti, Guido, 2008. "Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions," MPRA Paper 8202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lorenzo Ciapetti, 2011. "Technological Change, Knowledge Integration and Adaptive Processes: The Mechatronic Evolution of the Reggio Emilia District," Chapters,in: Knowledge Transfer and Technology Diffusion, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2010. "Trajectories in Physical Space out of Communications in Acquaintance Space: An Agent-Based Model of a Textile Industrial District," MPRA Paper 24902, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiorenza BELUSSI & Luciano PILOTTI & Silvia Rita SEDITA, 2006. "Learning at the boundaries for industrial districts between exploitation of local resources and the exploration of global knowledge flows," Departmental Working Papers 2006-40, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Guido Fioretti, 2014. "Trajectories in geographical space out of communication in acquaintance space: An agent-based model of a textile industrial district," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93, pages 179-201, November.
- Sandrine Labory & Patrizio Bianchi, 2014. "The institutional framework of Industrial policies," Working Papers 2014203, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Anna Carabelli & Giovanna Hirsch, 2007. "Italian SMEs and industrial districts on the move: Where are they going?," Working Papers 115, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Valentina De Marchi & Roberto Grandinetti & Riccardo Voltani, 2014. "Come stanno cambiando le economie regionali. Un confronto tra Veneto, Piemonte, e Puglia," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 126-160.
- Francesco Quatraro, 2009. "The diffusion of regional innovation capabilities: Evidence from Italian patent data," Post-Print halshs-00727623, HAL.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Luciano Pilotti & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2006. "Learning at the boundaries for industrial districts between exploitation of local resources and exploration of global knowledge flows," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0033, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2006.
"The Role of Agglomeration and Technology in Shaping Firm's Strategy and Organization,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p286, European Regional Science Association.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2006. "The Role of Agglomeration and Technology in Shaping Firm Strategy and Organization," Working Papers 2006.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Antonio G. Calafati & Paolo Veneri, 2013.
"Re-defining the Boundaries of Major Italian Cities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 789-802, May.
- Antonio G. CALAFATI & Paolo VENERI, 2010. "Re-defining the Boundaries of Major Italian Cities," Working Papers 342, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Costantini, Valeria & Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Montini, Anna, 2013. "Environmental performance, innovation and spillovers. Evidence from a regional NAMEA," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 101-114.
- Roberto Herranz & Ariel Mendez, 2008. "The social construction of competences and the forms of transitions in industrial territories," Post-Print halshs-00450824, HAL.
- Jiang Wei & Minfei Zhou & Mark Greeven & Hongyan Qu, 2016. "Economic governance, dual networks and innovative learning in five Chinese industrial clusters," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1037-1074, December.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2011. "Enviromental Innovations, Complementarity and Local/Global Cooperation," Working Papers 201104, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SOC-2005-11-09 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2005-11-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa04p402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .