Spatial agglomeration and business groups: New evidence from Italian industrial districts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2004. "Spatial agglomeration and business groups: new evidence from Italian industrial districts," ERSA conference papers ersa04p402, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001.
"Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life Cycle of Products,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1454-1477, December.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery cities: urban diversity, process innovation and the life-cycle of products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20204, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 2376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban diversity, process innovation, and the life-cycle of products," Working Papers dpuga-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEP Discussion Papers dp0445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ron A. Boschma, 2002. "Knowledge, Market Structure, and Economic Coordination: Dynamics of Industrial Districts," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 291-311.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lazerson, Mark H & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 1999. "The Firms That Feed Industrial Districts: A Return to the Italian," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 235-266, June.
- Donato Iacobucci, 2002. "Explaining business groups started by habitual entrepreneurs in the Italian manufacturing sector," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 31-47, January.
- Valeriano Balloni & Donato Iacobucci, 2001. "I "nuovi protagonisti" dell'industria italiana," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 633-676.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Francesco Brioschi & Maria Sole Brioschi & Giulio Cainelli, 2002. "From the industrial district to the district group: An insight into the evolution of capitalism in italy1," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1037-1052.
- Boari, Cristina & Odorici, Vincenza & Zamarian, Marco, 2003. "Clusters and rivalry: does localization really matter?," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 467-489, December.
- Giulio Cainelli & Riccardo Leoncini, 1999. "Externalities and long-term local industrial development. Some empirical evidence from Italy," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 90(1), pages 25-39.
- Teece, David J. & Rumelt, Richard & Dosi, Giovanni & Winter, Sidney, 1994. "Understanding corporate coherence : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Donato Iacobucci & Peter Rosa, 2005. "Growth, Diversification, and Business Group Formation in Entrepreneurial Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 65-82, August.
- Fabio Nun & Giulio Caineilli, 1996. "Changing directions in Italy's manufacturing industrial districts," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 105-118.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guido Fioretti, 2014. "Trajectories in geographical space out of communication in acquaintance space: An agent-based model of a textile industrial district," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93, pages 179-201, November.
- Tattara, Giuseppe, 2005.
"Il Diverso Modo In Cui Le Piccole Imprese Misurano Il Loro Successo
[How Do Small Firms Growth?]," MPRA Paper 10783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tattara, Giuseppe, 2005. "Il diverso modo in cui le piccole imprese misurano il loro successo," MPRA Paper 24, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guido Fioretti, 2005.
"Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions,"
0504010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2008. "Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions," MPRA Paper 8202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lorenzo Ciapetti, 2011. "Technological Change, Knowledge Integration and Adaptive Processes: The Mechatronic Evolution of the Reggio Emilia District," Chapters,in: Knowledge Transfer and Technology Diffusion, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2010. "Trajectories in Physical Space out of Communications in Acquaintance Space: An Agent-Based Model of a Textile Industrial District," MPRA Paper 24902, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiorenza BELUSSI & Luciano PILOTTI & Silvia Rita SEDITA, 2006. "Learning at the boundaries for industrial districts between exploitation of local resources and the exploration of global knowledge flows," Departmental Working Papers 2006-40, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- repec:fan:eseses:v:html10.3280/es2017-002008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandrine Labory & Patrizio Bianchi, 2014. "The institutional framework of Industrial policies," Working Papers 2014203, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2006.
"The Role of Agglomeration and Technology in Shaping Firm's Strategy and Organization,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p286, European Regional Science Association.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2006. "The Role of Agglomeration and Technology in Shaping Firm Strategy and Organization," Working Papers 2006.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Anna Carabelli & Giovanna Hirsch, 2007. "Italian SMEs and industrial districts on the move: Where are they going?," Working Papers 115, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Jiang Wei & Minfei Zhou & Mark Greeven & Hongyan Qu, 2016. "Economic governance, dual networks and innovative learning in five Chinese industrial clusters," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 1037-1074, December.
- Valentina De Marchi & Roberto Grandinetti & Riccardo Voltani, 2014. "Come stanno cambiando le economie regionali. Un confronto tra Veneto, Piemonte, e Puglia," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 126-160.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Anna Carabelli & Giovanna Hirsch, 2007. "Italian Industrial Districts on the Move: Where Are They Going?," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 19-41, July.
- Francesco Quatraro, 2009. "The diffusion of regional innovation capabilities: Evidence from Italian patent data," Post-Print halshs-00727623, HAL.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2011. "Enviromental Innovations, Complementarity and Local/Global Cooperation," Working Papers 201104, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Antonio G. Calafati & Paolo Veneri, 2013.
"Re-defining the Boundaries of Major Italian Cities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 789-802, May.
- Antonio G. CALAFATI & Paolo VENERI, 2010. "Re-defining the Boundaries of Major Italian Cities," Working Papers 342, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Costantini, Valeria & Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Montini, Anna, 2013. "Environmental performance, innovation and spillovers. Evidence from a regional NAMEA," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 101-114.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Luciano Pilotti & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2006. "Learning at the boundaries for industrial districts between exploitation of local resources and exploration of global knowledge flows," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0033, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Roberto Herranz & Ariel Mendez, 2008. "The social construction of competences and the forms of transitions in industrial territories," Post-Print halshs-00450824, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness groups; Industrial districts; Spatial agglomeration; Firm's organizational forms;
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:40:y:2006:i:5:p:507-518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.