Globalization of labor markets and the growth prospects of nations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Basu, Kaushik, 2016. "Globalization of labor markets and the growth prospects of nations," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 656-669.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bentolila Samuel & Saint-Paul Gilles, 2003.
"Explaining Movements in the Labor Share,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1998. "Explaining Movements in the Labour Share," CEPR Discussion Papers 1958, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samuel Bentolila & GillesSaint-Paul, 1999. "Explaining Movements in the Labor Share," Working Papers wp1999_9905, CEMFI.
- Bentollia, S. & Saint-Paul, G., 1999. "Explaining Movements in the Labor Share," Papers 9905, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Samuel Bentolila & Gilles Saint Paul, 1999. "Explaining movements in the labor share," Economics Working Papers 374, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kaushik Basu, 1999.
"Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998. "Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2027, The World Bank.
- François Bourguignon, 2015. "The Globalization of Inequality," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10433.
- Oecd, 2015. "What Lies Behind Gender Inequality in Education?," PISA in Focus 49, OECD Publishing.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labor Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 879-907.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, "undated". "Macroeconomic effects of regulation and deregulation in goods and labor markets," Working Papers 187, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 8120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labour Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brent Neiman, 2014. "The Global Decline of the Labor Share," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(1), pages 61-103.
- Torben M Andersen, 2015. "Human Capital, Inequality and Growth," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 007, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Salvatore Morelli & Anthony Atkinson, 2015. "Inequality and crises revisited," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 32(1), pages 31-51, April.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & JosÈ-Victor RÌos-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 2000.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality: A Macroeconomic Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1029-1054, September.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 1997. "Capital-skill complementarity and inequality: a macroeconomic analysis," Staff Report 239, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2015. "An Economist in the Real World: The Art of Policymaking in India," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262029626, March.
- George A. Akerlof & Robert J. Shiller, 2015. "Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation and Deception," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10534.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003. "Labor- And Capital-Augmenting Technical Change," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Nanak Kakwani & Hyun H. Son, 2015. "Income inequality and social well-being," Working Papers 380, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- E. Maskin, 2015. "Why Haven't Global Markets Reduced Inequality in Emerging Economies?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 29(suppl_1), pages 48-52.
- Anthony Atkinson, 2015. "Can we reduce income inequality in OECD countries?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 211-223, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biagi, Federico & Falk, Martin, 2017. "The impact of ICT and e-commerce on employment in Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2019. "New Technology and Increasing Returns: The End of the Antitrust Century?," IZA Policy Papers 146, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rashid, Muhammad Mustafa, 2018. "Proliferation of Globalization and its Impact on Labor Markets in Advanced Industrial Nations and Developing Nations," MPRA Paper 90497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reddy, K.S. & Xie, En & Huang, Yuanyuan, 2016. "Cross-border acquisitions by state-owned and private enterprises: A perspective from emerging economies," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1147-1170.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:40:y:2018:i:3:p:546-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Orhun Sevinc, 2018. "Emerging Market Economies and Turkey in the Globalization Age," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1814, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Labor Markets; Industrial Economics; Economic Growth; Economic Theory&Research; Labor Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2016-03-23 (Economics of Strategic Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.