Banking in Brazil: Structure, Performance, Drivers, and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2005. "Lithuania : Investment Climate Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8568, The World Bank.
- Timothy Clark & Astrid A. Dick & Beverly Hirtle & Kevin J. Stiroh & Robard Williams, 2007. "The role of retail banking in the U.S. banking industry: risk, return, and industry structure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 39-56.
- Hirtle, Beverly J. & Stiroh, Kevin J., 2007.
"The return to retail and the performance of US banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1101-1133, April.
- Beverly Hirtle & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005. "The return to retail and the performance of U.S. banks," Staff Reports 233, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004.
"What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004. "What drives bank competition? Some international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Ecuador : Investment Climate Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8571, The World Bank.
- Márcio I. Nakane & Leonardo S. Alencar & Fabio Kanczuk, 2006. "Demand for Bank Services and Market Power in Brazilian Banking," Working Papers Series 107, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- World Bank, 2006. "Brazil : Interest Rates and Intermediation Spreads," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21461, The World Bank.
- Márcio I. Nakane, 2001. "A Test of Competition in Brazilian Banking," Working Papers Series 12, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsBrazil; banking; competition; industry structure; performance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-02-14 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2009-02-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DEV-2009-02-14 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .