Bank capital and loan loss reserves under Basel II - implications for emerging countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2749, The World Bank.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Liu, Li-Gang & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "The role of rating agency assessments in less developed countries: Impact of the proposed Basel guidelines," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 115-148, January.
- Margaret J. Miller (ed.), 2003. "Credit Reporting Systems and the International Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262134225, January.
- Powell, Andrew, 2002. "A capital accord for emerging economies?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2808, The World Bank.
- Verónica Balzarotti & Christian Castro & Andrew Powell, 2004. "Reforming Capital Requirements in Emerging Countries: Calibrating Basel II using Historical Argentine Credit Bureau Data and CreditRisk+," Business School Working Papers capitalreqemerging, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 16(2), pages 149-150, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Financial crises, credit ratings, and bank failures: An introduction," MPRA Paper 13247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Sovereign Credit Ratings Before and After Financial Crises," MPRA Paper 7410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Levich, Richard & Majoni, Giovanni, 2002. "Ratings, rating agencies and the global financial system: Summary and policy implications," MPRA Paper 13249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Powell, Andrew & Mylenko, Nataliya & Miller, Margaret & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2004. "Improving credit information, bank regulation, and supervision : on the role and design of public credit registries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3443, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Viktor M. Zaernyuk & Zinaida M. Nazarova & Vadim A. Kosyanov & Nadezhda N. Filimonova & Olga V. Vershinina, 2016. "Solving the Problem of Credit Defaults in Retail Sector," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 205-217.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Sergio Gavilá, 2006.
"Posible impacto de Basilea II en los países emergentes,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(3), pages 103-124, Julio-sep.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Sergio Gavilá, 2006. "Posible impacto de Basilea II en los países emergentes," Occasional Papers 0606, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
More about this item
KeywordsPayment Systems&Infrastructure; Banking Law; Financial Intermediation; Banks&Banking Reform; Insurance&Risk Mitigation; Financial Intermediation; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Banks&Banking Reform; Banking Law; Insurance&Risk Mitigation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-REG-2004-11-07 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .