Markups, entry regulation, and trade - Does country size matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hoekman, Bernard & Kee, Hiau Looi & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001. "Mark-ups, Entry Regulation and Trade: Does Country Size Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2853, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G., 1995.
"Are apparent productive spillovers a figment of specification error?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 165-188, August.
- Basu, S. & Fernald, J.G., 1993. "Are Apparent Productive Spillovers a Figment of Specification Error," Papers 93-22, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 1995. "Are Apparent Productive Spillovers a Figment of Specification Error?," NBER Working Papers 5073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 1994. "Are apparent productive spillovers a figment of specification error?," International Finance Discussion Papers 463, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Richardson, Martin, 1999. "Trade and Competition Policies: Concordia Discors?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 649-664, October.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James, 2001.
"Merger Policies and Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 244-276, April.
- Henrik Horn & James Levinsohn, 1997. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 6077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James A, 2000. "Merger Policies And Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horn, H. & Levinsohn, J., 1998. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 420, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Damien NEVEN & Paul SEABRIGHT, 1995. "Trade Liberalisation and the Co-ordination of Competition Policy," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9503, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Harrison, Ann E., 1994. "Productivity, imperfect competition and trade reform : Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 53-73, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salman Ahmad & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "Analysing the Price Cost Markup and Its Behaviour over the Business Cycles in Case of Manufacturing Industries of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:117, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Hervé Boulhol & Sabien Dobbelaere & Sara Maioli, 2011.
"Imports as Product and Labour Market Discipline,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 49(2), pages 331-361, June.
- Boulhol, Hervé & Dobbelaere, Sabien & Maioli, Sara, 2006. "Imports as Product and Labor Market Discipline," IZA Discussion Papers 2178, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hervé Boulhol & Sabien Dobbelaere & Sara Maioli, 2009. "Imports as Product and Labour Market Discipline," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-002/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- H. Boulhol & S. Dobbelaere & S. Maioli, 2007. "Imports as product and labour market discipline," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/479, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Hoekman, Bernard, 2007.
"Imports, entry and competition law as market disciplines,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 831-858, May.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Hoekman, Bernard, 2003. "Imports, entry, and competition law as market disciplines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3031, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Kee, Hiau Looi, 2003. "Imports, Entry and Competition Law as Market Disciplines," CEPR Discussion Papers 3777, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guilloux, S. & Kharroubi, E., 2008.
"Some Preliminary Evidence on the Globalization-Inflation Nexus,"
195, Banque de France.
- Guilloux-Nefussi, Sophie & Kharroubi, Enisse, 2008. "Some preliminary evidence on the globalization-inflation nexus," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 18, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Hervé Boulhol, 2008. "The Convergence of Price–cost Margins," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 221-240, April.
- P. Lelio Iapadre & Giuseppe Pace, 2016. "Trade Intermediaries and the Tariff Pass-through," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 441-454, December.
- Clarke, George R. G., 2005. "Do government policies that promote competition encourage or discourage new product and process development in low and middle-income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3471, The World Bank.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2006.
"Increasing Returns, Imperfect Competition, and Factor Prices,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 583-598, November.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004. "Increasing Returns, Imperfect Competition and Factor Prices," Working Papers 210, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004. "Increasing returns, imperfect competition and factor prices," Economics Working Papers 953, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2005.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2005.
"The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy,"
DP 2005-24, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2005. "The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy," Trade Working Papers 22306, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Saatci, Mustafa & Aslan, Alper, 2007. "TÜRKİYE İMALAT SANAYİNDE İTHALATIN PİYASAYI DİSİPLİNE ETME HİPOTEZİNİN TESTİ: PANEL VERi YAKLASIMI," MPRA Paper 10604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claus Astrup & Sébastien Dessus, 2001. "Exporting Labor or Goods? Long-Term Implications for The Palestinian Economy," Working Papers 0131, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2001.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & Gabor Korosi & Nikolay Markov & Laszlo Halpern, 2004.
"Firms’ Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets - Bulgaria and Hungary,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0412, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & G??bor Kor??si & Nikolay Markov & L??szl?? Halpern, 2004. "Firms??? Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets: Bulgaria and Hungary," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-710, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hervé Boulhol, 2005. "Why haven't price-cost margins decreased with globalization ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla06007, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hervé Boulhol, 2006. "Why Haven't Price-Cost Margins Decreased with Globalization ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00084267, HAL.
- Alejandro Castañeda, 2003. "Mexican manufacturing markups: procyclical behavior and the impact of trade liberalization," Economía Mexicana NUEVA ÉPOCA, , vol. 0(2), pages 209-230, July-Dece.
- Aslan, Alper & Kula, Ferit, 2008. "Türkiye İmalat Sanayinde Fiyat-Maliyet Marjları: Dönemler ve Sektörler İtibariyle Karsılastırmalı Bir Analiz," MPRA Paper 10606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herve Boulhol, 2010. "Pro-competitive Effect of Trade and Non-decreasing Price-Cost Margins," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(3), pages 326-356, June.
- Astrup Claus & Dessus Sebastien, 2005. "Exporting Goods or Exporting Labor?: Long-term Implications for the Palestinian Economy," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 38-60, April.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Treatment&Quality; Roads&Highways; Montreal Protocol; Water Conservation; Coastal and Marine Resources; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Water and Industry; Trade and Regional Integration; Banks&Banking Reform;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2662. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.