Evaluating the case for export subsidies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, EconWPA.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, EconWPA, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- Nogues, Julio, 1989. "Latin America's experience with export subsidies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 182, The World Bank.
- J. N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1969. "Optimal Intervention to Achieve Non-Economic Objectives," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 27-38.
- Richard Arnott & Joseph Stiglitz, 1986. "The Welfare Economics of Moral Hazard," Working Papers 635, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Fitzgerald, Bruce & Monson, Terry, 1989. "Preferential Credit and Insurance as Means to Promote Exports," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 89-114, January.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1988. "Export-Promoting Trade Strategy: Issues and Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 27-57, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drabek, Zdenek & Laird, Sam, 2001. "Can trade policy help mobilize financial resources for economic development?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERAD-2001-02, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Alvarez, Roberto, 2007. "Explaining Export Success: Firm Characteristics and Spillover Effects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 377-393, March.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2003. "The role of export subsidies in balance-of-payment crises," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 875-884, November.
- Afonso, Oscar & Silva, Armando, 2012.
"Non-scale endogenous growth effects of subsidies for exporters,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1248-1257.
- Óscar Afonso & Armando Silva, 2011. "Non-scale endogenous growth effects of subsidies for exporters," FEP Working Papers 429, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- ECKAUS, Richard S., 2006. "China's exports, subsidies to state-owned enterprises and the WTO," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-13.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo A. López, 2008. "Is Exporting a Source of Productivity Spillovers?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(4), pages 723-749, December.
- Mulu Gebreyesus & Ashagrie Demile, 2017. "Why export promotion efforts failed to deliver? Assessment of the export incentives and their implementation in Ethiopia," Working Papers 017, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2010. "Export promotion agencies: Do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 257-265, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Tax Law; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Tax Law; Banks&Banking Reform; TF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2001-07-17 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.