Why export promotion efforts failed to deliver? Assessment of the export incentives and their implementation in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nadeem Ul Haque & M. Ali Kemal, 2007. "Impact of Export Subsidies on Pakistan’s Exports," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:26, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Wontack Hong, 1980. "Export Promotion and Employment Growth in South Korea," NBER Chapters, in: Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 1: Individual Studies, pages 341-392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadeem Ul Haque, 2007. "Impact of Export Subsidies on PakistanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Exports," Trade Working Papers 22191, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Elena Ianchovichina, 2007.
"Are duty drawbacks on exports worth the hassle?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-913, August.
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA, "undated". "Duty Drawbacks, Competitiveness and Growth: Should China Reform its Duty Drawback System?," EcoMod2004 330600069, EcoMod.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2005. "Duty drawbacks, competitiveness, and growth - are duty drawbacks worth the hassle?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3498, The World Bank.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 2000. "Evaluating the case for export subsidies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2276, The World Bank.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1988. "Export-Promoting Trade Strategy: Issues and Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 27-57, January.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2010. "Export promotion agencies: Do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 257-265, March.
- Islam, Nurul, 1969. "Export Incentive and Effective Subsidy in Pakistan: An Evaluation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 31(3), pages 169-188, August.
- repec:spr:sptbec:978-3-642-37314-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; Manufacturing sector; Effectiveness of Export incentives;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2017-10-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etd:wpaper:017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dagmawi Atnafu) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Dagmawi Atnafu to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.edri.org.et .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.