Why export promotion efforts failed to deliver? Assessment of the export incentives and their implementation in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nadeem Ul Haque & M. Ali Kemal, 2007. "Impact of Export Subsidies on Pakistan’s Exports," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:26, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Wontack Hong, 1980. "Export Promotion and Employment Growth in South Korea," NBER Chapters,in: Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 1: Individual Studies, pages 341-392 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elena Ianchovichina, 2007.
"Are duty drawbacks on exports worth the hassle?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-913, August.
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA, "undated". "Duty Drawbacks, Competitiveness and Growth: Should China Reform its Duty Drawback System?," EcoMod2004 330600069, EcoMod.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2005. "Duty drawbacks, competitiveness, and growth - are duty drawbacks worth the hassle?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3498, The World Bank.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 2000. "Evaluating the case for export subsidies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2276, The World Bank.
- Islam, Nurul, 1969. "Export Incentive and Effective Subsidy in Pakistan: An Evaluation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 31(3), pages 169-188, August.
- Nadeem Ul Haque, 2007. "Impact of Export Subsidies on PakistanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Exports," Trade Working Papers 22191, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1988. "Export-Promoting Trade Strategy: Issues and Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 27-57, January.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2010. "Export promotion agencies: Do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 257-265, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; Manufacturing sector; Effectiveness of Export incentives;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etd:wpaper:017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dagmawi Atnafu). General contact details of provider: http://www.edri.org.et .